New Wingers in January

With Schmeltz seemingly out of favour at the moment, Montano never to play for us again and Petrasso going back to his parent club in January, other than Dayton, we're going to need a couple of new wingers.

I was going to suggest Maghoma from Wednesday but he's been getting game-time since Jones has been sacked. We've got a good wage to give with Monty's wage off the book. Any ideas about who's available, perhaps on a free or potential loanees?

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham's player of the season last year should not have been released ....this inconsistent lot are not the answer.

Let's not get silly after a couple of lackluster displays.

We have played some good stuff this season and results of recent have started to look up... 99.9% of last season was :censored:ing dross.

It was the paint pot cup, move on!

He's a striker, not a creative central attacking midfielder.

Do you not see him sitting in that role behind the strikers every game? Picking the ball up from deep, just in front of the holding midfielders Smith and Wes, and running at the defence from the 'hole', getting himself into goalscoring positions and opening the field for our strikers. Scoring goals doesn't make a player a striker, look at Lampard.

JCH, MacDonald and Rooney are strikers. Philliskirk is an attacking, creative, goalscoring midfielder. A brilliant one for this level, at that.

Do you not see him sitting in that role behind the strikers every game? Picking the ball up from deep, just in front of the holding midfielders Smith and Wes, and running at the defence from the 'hole', getting himself into goalscoring positions and opening the field for our strikers. Scoring goals doesn't make a player a striker, look at Lampard.

JCH, MacDonald and Rooney are strikers. Philliskirk is an attacking, creative, goalscoring midfielder. A brilliant one for this level, at that.

Hundred percent this . I said it on here a while back that as soon as we have a negative result that some on here will once again moan about a lack of 'an attacking central midfielder ' .

Hundred percent this . I said it on here a while back that as soon as we have a negative result that some on here will once again moan about a lack of 'an attacking central midfielder ' .

Even though Philliskirk, for me, was the best player on the field for Latics tonight.

He's moved into the 'Baxter role' quite well...

He's a striker, much as Andy Ritchie was, he's not in the style of Lampard IMO.

Anyway If he's a midfielder why not play drop Wesolowki then and play 2 strikers ?

He's a striker, much as Andy Ritchie was, he's not in the style of Lampard IMO.

Anyway If he's a midfielder why not play drop Wesolowki then and play 2 strikers ?

We're on a 9 game unbeaten run, lost 2 in 16 and Wesolowski has been vital to that form. We don't need to drop anybody.

If we dropped him you'd then complain that we're not letting the team settle. You'll not been convinced about LJ until we win the Champions League.

Edited by NewBlue

It's a creative attacking central midfielder that's needed, but LJ doesn't seem to want one on the books.

you managed to stay quite about this whilst Wes and smith were forming a great partnership... Apart from tonight which their midfield won the battle... No one has complained as them two have been outstanding! one defeat and the whole 'Wes only passes sideways' comes out

you managed to stay quite about this whilst Wes and smith were forming a great partnership... Apart from tonight which their midfield won the battle... No one has complained as them two have been outstanding! one defeat and the whole 'Wes only passes sideways' comes out

If Wes is the answer it's a bloody stupid question! He has been letting the team down for bloody ages, not just tonight against a 4th division team. Some people see 100% endeavour as a good shift, but if you cannot use the ball when you win it then its wasted. And by the way I am not reacting to tonight I said ages ago when we had Wes and Furman that we would get nowhere with those 2

If Wes is the answer it's a bloody stupid question! He has been letting the team down for bloody ages, not just tonight against a 4th division team. Some people see 100% endeavour as a good shift, but if you cannot use the ball when you win it then its wasted. And by the way I am not reacting to tonight I said ages ago when we had Wes and Furman that we would get nowhere with those 2

have you watched the last 6/7 games before tonight and Mansfield? If no, then your point is invalid.. If yes, you've been watching the wrong wesolowski