Come on Sidney!

he is the kind of player who will pick it up in his own half, nutmeg one, flick it over the head of another, maridona it past another, slide it past the last defender then take it round the keeper and hit it fifteen foot over the crossbar

Edited by 4froale

He hasn't been running at people much lately. Complete confidence player, get his head right and he will be more than useful

True, and keep him away from the vicinity of our penalty area.

Edited by BP1960

If you need a defensive shift, an a full ninety minutes, don't pick him. If you need him to change a game or give the side fresh impetus, bring him on.

In short. Impact player. A very good one for our level.

Makes you wonder all the more why he wasn't at least sub v Chesterfield to run at Humphreys.

Edited by BP1960

Needs to learn to run at the full back use a trick if he needs one then deliver the ball to often he pulls a step over on the half way line gets in the last 3rd stops or puts in a crap ball

pace to burn and bag of tricks but doesnt hurt teams enough

also needs to calm down when ball comes to him in the box ive seen him kick fresh air too many times this season

that said he is young a pace at this level can be so destructive - time for him yet but hes frustrating at times

True, and keep him away from the vicinity of our penalty area.

Twice he has given needless free kicks away that have cost us on the edge of our own box.

At least he's back there trying to help though. Better off staying further up field in future!

Makes you wonder all the more why he wasn't at least sub v Chesterfield to run at Humphreys.

If it had been a league game, he probably would have been but because it was the JPT and only 5 subs are allowed, maybe it was more of a balance issue for the bench.

I am pleasantly surprised by the replies which seem to agree that we do have potentially a very talented and fast player in Sidney and if used correctly, i.e. told not to defend in our half, he might turn into a good 'un. He does need some game time though to enable him to begin to make better choices, and i agree that is better away, not just so he can obviously play on the break, but also so that he can try a few tricks and dummies without listening to any (or many) moaners who berate him for not playing a square pass. Cheers KTF!

I am pleasantly surprised by the replies which seem to agree that we do have potentially a very talented and fast player in Sidney and if used correctly, i.e. told not to defend in our half, he might turn into a good 'un. He does need some game time though to enable him to begin to make better choices, and i agree that is better away, not just so he can obviously play on the break, but also so that he can try a few tricks and dummies without listening to any (or many) moaners who berate him for not playing a square pass. Cheers KTF!

There's a player in Sidney though how you unlock his potential is anyone's guess. A defensive disaster whose head goes to bits when he reaches the oppositions penalty box. If he was 18/19 he'd be well worth being patient with......at 23 I don't know.

There's a player in Sidney though how you unlock his potential is anyone's guess. A defensive disaster whose head goes to bits when he reaches the oppositions penalty box. If he was 18/19 he'd be well worth being patient with......at 23 I don't know.

If he was 23 and had been playing English football all his career fair enough. It's his first season over here, so I think it's worth giving him a chance to adapt and improve!

If he was 23 and had been playing English football all his career fair enough. It's his first season over here, so I think it's worth giving him a chance to adapt and improve!

If your head goes to bits when you reach the oppositions box it matters not where you are playing. Same applies to his defensive frailties. Like I said there's a player in there whether or not you can prise it out of him is a different matter.. My guess is not but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

If your head goes to bits when you reach the oppositions box it matters not where you are playing. Same applies to his defensive frailties. Like I said there's a player in there whether or not you can prise it out of him is a different matter.. My guess is not but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

At our level knowing there is a player in there it has surely got to be worth a try, LJ will do all he can to unlock Sidney, if he does get the best out of him he will be a joy to watch.

At our level knowing there is a player in there it has surely got to be worth a try, LJ will do all he can to unlock Sidney, if he does get the best out of him he will be a joy to watch.

Totally agree, the lad's a joy to watch now inbetween both penalty areas. Bags of skill and tricks and then when he gets in sight of the box the only danger is a cull of pigeons passing the time of day on the Chaddy stand. How do you coach it into a player to calm down in that situation ?

I agree with Rictic here.

Potential is quite clearly there with Sid. Pace to burn, a trick and quick feet and he looks to be a good character to have around.

But, at 23; no matter if its his 1st season in England or not, how long do he have to fulfill on that potential?

He needs to learn when & where to do his fancy stuff, and he massively needs to improve upon his decision making.

His final ball; in particular his crossing, is also massively in need of work.

In short, very much a work in progress - i guess the question is how long do leave him under that banner before he falls into failed experiment who didnt ever kick on?

I agree with Rictic here.

Potential is quite clearly there with Sid. Pace to burn, a trick and quick feet and he looks to be a good character to have around.

But, at 23; no matter if its his 1st season in England or not, how long do he have to fulfill on that potential?

He needs to learn when & where to do his fancy stuff, and he massively needs to improve upon his decision making.

His final ball; in particular his crossing, is also massively in need of work.

In short, very much a work in progress - i guess the question is how long do leave him under that banner before he falls into failed experiment who didnt ever kick on?

Simple answer - the 2 years on his contract.

It's about time (not the majority on here may I add) the moaning lot got behind our players and particularly someone of Sid's talent; some of the touches he made against Mansfield to control and move away with the ball under pressure were sheer class.

I agree his final ball is poor and when to do his tricks are the 2 areas he is deficient in.

He has moved to a new country and environment as has his family; albeit Holland not too far away or dissimilar, it's still new to him so I'm putting his 1st season down to this and learning/experiencing the lower leagues and what it brings.

Next year he needs to be really knuckling down and improving; if he is still the same in these areas of his game come then, then i'm sure LJ will consider how far we can go with him regards improving him to the levels required.

We have had too many occassions where players with real talent haven't 'done it' in their first 6 months so 'theyre :censored:' and are moaned at and ultimately leave us, only to improve 3-fold somewhere else with a bit of patience and some backing.

Sidney will be a top player - he is definately one we don't want to lose and see him tear us a new one with some shiester team in our league or get snapped up for the league above!