David Mellor

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it last night - this lad plays well when it suits him. He doesn't want it enough. I'm astounded by the rise of Winchester ahead of Mellor, that said, they're both a likeness in attitude terms - poor. Shame considering their ability is high.

Sorry, but as long as there's no injury/illness to justify the 'heavy legs', he wouldn't get anywhere near my team for a while.

If there is a problem the club should and no doubt will help, especially if it's psychological.

Not the same thing exactly but is Jonathan Trott 'taking the :censored:ing piss'?

Good way of looking at it.

Out of the firing line. Pressure off. Real support behind the scenes. No quick fix.

I said it last night - this lad plays well when it suits him. He doesn't want it enough. I'm astounded by the rise of Winchester ahead of Mellor, that said, they're both a likeness in attitude terms - poor. Shame considering their ability is high.

Sorry, but as long as there's no injury/illness to justify the 'heavy legs', he wouldn't get anywhere near my team for a while.

Do you know the players Personally and see them regular???? You are in no place to comment on their attitudes if not!

As fans we have no idea what is happening in personal life's. I remember a while ago I think it was Andy Liddle had a bad run of games and got stick for us later to realise his young daughter had passed away during that time. Sometimes we forget these lads have struggles off the field as well as us in life. They are not untouchable!

Edited by super_blue

Do you know the players Personally and see them regular???? You are in no place to comment on their attitudes if not!

As fans we have no idea what is happening in personal life's. I remember a while ago I think it was Andy Liddle had a bad run of games and got stick for us later to realise his young daughter had passed away during that time. Sometimes we forget these lads have struggles off the field as well as us in life. They are not untouchable!

Pipe down. Don't try to tell me you've never commented on a player's attitude before. Perhaps you should read my post again ' as long as there's no injury/illness to justify the 'heavy legs' I say what I see on the pitch, and it just isn't good enough from Mellor for a player of his talent. If anything off the pitch is troubling him, it's simple - he shouldn't be playing. That would be the fault of the management.

I am talking about you saying they have poor attitudes, how do you know? You've also said in another thread you have heard there both idiots (I am politer than you so changed the word) off the pitch? Your clueless about them that's all I'm saying.

Fine judge them on the pitch but I prefer not to judge and kill the younger players before they have a Had a run of games in there natural positions.

Not strictly true : Liddell's daughter died a while after he'd left us...

I am talking about you saying they have poor attitudes, how do you know? You've also said in another thread you have heard there both idiots (I am politer than you so changed the word) off the pitch? Your clueless about them that's all I'm saying.

Fine judge them on the pitch but I prefer not to judge and kill the younger players before they have a Had a run of games in there natural positions.

How long do you want to give them though?

Winchester - 35 appearances sinceNovember 2010

Mellor - 46 appearances since August 2011

Millar - 38 appearances since March 2010

Forget all this bollocks about positions etc, if they were good enough then they would have nailed down a first team place by now, not as if we've been blessed with loads of quality in that time.

I'm merely passing on the information other people, who know them, have told me. How have I killed them? I've praised them, said they've got a lot of talent and are capable. On the poor attitude comment, we all know Winchester needed to bulk up and add fitness to his game - he hasn't, but I feel has developed on the pitch well. Mellor, when he's on the pitch doesn't look like he wants it enough. Credit to him, he had weight issues and sorted them out, but on the pitch I can only say what I see. If there is something off the pitch that is halting his progress then good luck to him. I'm happy to give patience to a player in difficulties, especially one of our own prospects and I hope he beats whatever he's battling with.

But it'd be mad not to question them when they ask to come off after 27 minutes with 'heavy legs'. Purely during the matches I've observed, Mellor's attitude doesn't warrant him a place. I'd say I'm focussing on Mellor more because we saw at the end of last season what he can do. He was fantastic but hasn't recreated form anywhere near that. If there's something psychologically going on with him then it's wrong that he's playing, support him outside of football and let him get back in his own time.

Edited by Mullet

We don't know what the issue is.

But when I had depression it was an effort to get dressed, let alone do my job.

Mind you, I managed to. Just.

This, there are a lot of things that fit more into illness than injury which would affect a player's ability to run.