Debt. Bolton.

There debt is now £163m.

Now a certain ex poster on here lauded Noblot as a shining example to us, and to the fact they speculated to accumulate and that is what we should do.

Whilst some of their story is good news for them. £150m is owed to Gartside. An astounding figure and puts the TTA figure into the shade.

Kinda nice to swap league places at some point in the near future!

A £50m loss on a £28m turnover is abysmal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25559504

Edited by singe

little or nothing is owned to gartside.bw is owned by eddie davies,a boltonian who lives in iom.last I heard gartside, said about 20 per cent was to the banks,the rest to davies-in house.i worked and lived in Bolton for over 30yrs and recived abuse for supporting our team.bolton fans want a new owner.who the hell is going to take that debt on.

little or nothing is owned to gartside.bw is owned by eddie davies,a boltonian who lives in iom.last I heard gartside, said about 20 per cent was to the banks,the rest to davies-in house.i worked and lived in Bolton for over 30yrs and recived abuse for supporting our team.bolton fans want a new owner.who the hell is going to take that debt on.

Marwan Koukash?

Sorry Johnboy, £150m to owner-as you say-not Gartside, my typo

It's also not so bad if you expect more income than expenditure in future, which Chelsea will do.

Why does the story talk about the hardship of them being relegated when the bulk of the debt has been incurred whilst in the PL and it doesn't mention parachute payments either?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

If you were in the black before then a loss wouldn't necessarily mean you had become in debt to anyone

It's also not so bad if you expect more income than expenditure in future, which Chelsea will do.

Why does the story talk about the hardship of them being relegated when the bulk of the debt has been incurred whilst in the PL and it doesn't mention parachute payments either?

Is there a difference between losing between losing 49,5million in a season and being another 49.5million in debt?

As I read it Bolton £50m last season alone. Income was only £28m. Total debt is £163m. Its in Directors loans (ie not written off yet)

Ie Debt was same as Chelsesa but of course, they are nowhere near the level of income of Chelsea

It does include parachute payments.

Broadcast revenue was more than halved from £42m to £19m - with that figure thought to include their £16m parachute payment.

Under Fair Play rules they could make a £5m loss, it was 10x that.

Edited by singe

As I read it Bolton £50m last season alone. Income was only £28m. Total debt is £163m. Its in Directors loans (ie not written off yet)

Ie Debt was same as Chelsesa but of course, they are nowhere near the level of income of Chelsea

It does include parachute payments.

Broadcast revenue was more than halved from £42m to £19m - with that figure thought to include their £16m parachute payment.

Under Fair Play rules they could make a £5m loss, it was 10x that.

Fair enough re. Parachute payments, though more could have been made in the article of it I.e. despite income being reduced they are still getting a hell of a lot more than Yeovil.