Post Match Reaction - Shrewsbury

I thought, defensive error for the goal aside, that we played quite well for the first hour or so. Dayton played a big part in making us tick and it was no surprise that we lost our way after he went off.

On another note, a few seem annoyed that Tarky was left on after picking up his knock, yet Kusunga was subbed. Watching from next to the bench it was clear that our physio felt Tarky could continue but Kusunga couldn't. The manager correctly followed his advice.

I'll be amazed if the physio thought that, the lad could hardly move and his staying on may have lead to conceding the second goal.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 3377 home supporters went yesterday for what promised to be three points with a bit of luck, but 5755 are prepared to go away on Sunday for what could possibly be a heavy defeat. I wonder how many of these are the 'silent majority'. :unsure:

Silent majority, give over, the ones going to Anfield who don't come to home games are probably 90% made up of lapsed Oldham fans who can't come week in week out for whatever reason and those who go to away games but not to home ones because they live outside the NW. Yes there will be a few hangers on going for the booze and because they can happily support Oldham against the scousers, but couldn't against one of the Manchester clubs. If one of them starts coming to BP regularly then all the better.

I'll be amazed if the physio thought that, the lad could hardly move and his staying on may have lead to conceding the second goal.

Tarky was scared of missing out at Anfield and began looking at the bench to be taken off. I reckon in any other game he'd have carried on without question.

Kusunga headed up the steps closely followed by the assistant physio so I believe he did have a problem.

We'll see on Sunday. If Kusunga plays and Tarky doesn't, I'll accept that the manager made a mistake.

Tarky was scared of missing out at Anfield and began looking at the bench to be taken off. I reckon in any other game he'd have carried on without question.

Kusunga headed up the steps closely followed by the assistant physio so I believe he did have a problem.

We'll see on Sunday. If Kusunga plays and Tarky doesn't, I'll accept that the manager made a mistake.

If Tarky was looking to the bench to be taken off he should have been, it was obvious he couldn't run.