Post Match Reaction - Shrewsbury

That, together with the Colchester performance, is completely unacceptable.

We pass the ball around nicely up to the half way line and then lack any speed of thought.

Shrewsbury are :censored:e. A seriously bad team. But we chose not to exploit their weakness in the tackle and too many times we lift that aimless ball into the box.

While some players might not be the complete article, the pace and numbers in attack thing is about coaching. We don't attack at speed and we don't attack in numbers.

I've a lot of time for what I've heard LJ say. He's delivered on the passing football. Until he delivers on the attacking side of things he will not succeed as a football manager.

The last two home performances have been diabolical and no fan deserves to have to sit through that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shrewsbury are as poor a side as I have seen this season, we gifted them the 1st goal and once we scored I was sure we would go on to win comfortably. We seemed to lack ideas in the 2nd half, make no mistake we are in trouble unless LJ brings in a couple of experienced players in the January window.

Only goal difference keeping us out of the bottom 4? Can honestly say I didn't ever expect us to be so close this season. We can say that we were the better team on the day all day long but we still aren't scoring the goals or keeping the clean sheets to get the results...mystery and sure LJ is scratching his head as how to change it.

Only goal difference keeping us out of the bottom 4? Can honestly say I didn't ever expect us to be so close this season. We can say that we were the better team on the day all day long but we still aren't scoring the goals or keeping the clean sheets to get the results...mystery and sure LJ is scratching his head as how to change it.

Why is he scratching his head when it's staring him in the face ?..he's set set up the team to play counter attacking football away from home, but these tactics as proven by results don't work at home.

Until he does something about that nothing will change.

No doubt I will be shot down again for repeating this.

Shrewsbury are as poor a side as I have seen this season, we gifted them the 1st goal and once we scored I was sure we would go on to win comfortably. We seemed to lack ideas in the 2nd half, make no mistake we are in trouble unless LJ brings in a couple of experienced players in the January window.

And no more lightweights please.

Edited by BP1960

All of the back 4 :censored: scared to go near Eaves and in the end just let him win every single ball without putting a challange in.

What happened when kirk millar had a chance to equalise, it looked as if all he needed to do was tap the ball in the net after good work from clarke harris but there must have been a deflection or something coz he cant be THAT :censored: to miss it??

All of the back 4 :censored: scared to go near Eaves and in the end just let him win every single ball without putting a challange in.

What happened when kirk millar had a chance to equalise, it looked as if all he needed to do was tap the ball in the net after good work from clarke harris but there must have been a deflection or something coz he cant be THAT :censored: to miss it??

Im afraid millar IS :censored: enough! He missed two other good chances too- no anticipation or want to be first to the ball...never a centre forward imo

We need experience urgently - Mac is permanently injured and Rachubka a sub. Why get Plummer? Gauche, in a bubble as a baby at a Premier club, he cannot help our youngsters. I've never seen such a young team here in over 60 years. That said, Rooney must go and we need replacements for he and Mac (he has skill and is a model professional but he is never fit). Let's hope Philly is fit for Anfield but the crisis can be solved this month. LJ must be ruthless - not least in recognizing his initial transfer failures as a new manager. We should be able to ship 5 players out on loan to L2/Conf clubs - including excellent ex-youth-teamers who aren't ready fo L1. They will be in a year or two.

The problem for me is not a goal scorer but having no one in the centre of the field. Smith plays practically as a defender and the wingers are too far up field so we basically have two lines and have to hoof it up field. This is something i've noticed over the last 4 or 5 games at home but worse today without Wes. There is no need to play 4 at the back at home. play Kusunga, tarky and grounds and let smith drop deep like he normally does. play a 5 across the middle so when smith does drop deep he has 2 options in the middle and we can actually play some football.

Thought Clarke-Harris was excellent today and Petrasso for the the last 25 mins was outstanding. Mellor played well in CM but Smith was dropping too deep again. Dayton had a decent game just wish he could last 90 mins. Rooney did ok but we hoofing it to him and he doesnt win anything in the air. Poor defending for both goals. The first one brown and oxley equally to blame for me and the second we switched off. We were a little unlucky at the other end, hit the bar and the post and their keeper pulled off 3 great saves.

The way we play means we create enough chances however if knowone is getting on the end of those chances moves crosses means that we won't win games like we should have today.

From what we have got, Clarke Harris is good but still a work in progress. Macdonald is getting to the stage in his career where he is picking up nigling injuries. Philly is out injured which leaves Adam Rooney who today I'm sorry was dire it's bad enough that he doesn't win many headers or the fact he's woefully slow you could have said that about Luke Beckett. The big difference is he knew where to be at the right time and him in his pomp today would have filled his boots. To highlight how bad he was he was brought off for Kirk Millar who is nowhere near good enough.

Priority number one in January is a striker because a good one will score a shed load in this team.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just knew it was going to be one of those days when us fans suddenly get frisked at the turnstiles, one of us fans gets thrown out of the rre 10 mins into to the game and then that shower, as far as I can remember, don't have the balls to clap us fans back when leaving the pitch. Not even the bloody captain.

Let's get the Liverpool trashing I out of the way, get some players fit and get pushing up the table. I believe we are too good to go down, but, it's worrying the position we are in and possibility of a fixture backlog brewing.

Not a good day at the office.....

Fireworks were pretty though......"we're only here for the fireworks....here for the fireworks.....".....oh dear now I need to be drunk

The problem for me is not a goal scorer but having no one in the centre of the field. Smith plays practically as a defender and the wingers are too far up field so we basically have two lines and have to hoof it up field. This is something i've noticed over the last 4 or 5 games at home but worse today without Wes. There is no need to play 4 at the back at home. play Kusunga, tarky and grounds and let smith drop deep like he normally does. play a 5 across the middle so when smith does drop deep he has 2 options in the middle and we can actually play some football.

Thought Clarke-Harris was excellent today and Petrasso for the the last 25 mins was outstanding. Mellor played well in CM but Smith was dropping too deep again. Dayton had a decent game just wish he could last 90 mins. Rooney did ok but we hoofing it to him and he doesnt win anything in the air. Poor defending for both goals. The first one brown and oxley equally to blame for me and the second we switched off. We were a little unlucky at the other end, hit the bar and the post and their keeper pulled off 3 great saves.

I agree, but the manager has his favoured system and won't change anything, even when results are the same.

"And no more lightweights please."

Petrasso's probably the lightest player in the squad, and he's been our best player in recent weeks. If you're good enough, you're big enough.

He's quite strong on the ball, the other lightweights are weak.

Just knew it was going to be one of those days when us fans suddenly get frisked at the turnstiles, one of us fans gets thrown out of the rre 10 mins into to the game and then that shower, as far as I can remember, don't have the balls to clap us fans back when leaving the pitch. Not even the bloody captain.

Let's get the Liverpool trashing I out of the way, get some players fit and get pushing up the table. I believe we are too good to go down, but, it's worrying the position we are in and possibility of a fixture backlog brewing.

Not a good day at the office.....

Fireworks were pretty though......"we're only here for the fireworks....here for the fireworks.....".....oh dear now I need to be drunk

As I said to the steward who frisked me, " I've never brought anything I shouldn't have in here for 40 years, and I aint gonna start now."

Spot on. Mellor was awful in midfield today. And when Rodgers came on I expected Smith to get up the field, but no, other way round. Very poor.

They were as poor a side you will see at BP this season.I mentioned a while ago the need to play 2 front men and LJ,to his credit is doing that.

The trouble is,Adam Rooney is feckin dreadful.

I honestly have no idea what he brings to the table,i didnt months ago,and i still dont now.

If he starts on sunday you might as well start the game with 10 men.

Rooney could do with watching a video of the much less experianced eaves on how to be a targe man...

Jch did ok however...

Whilst I agree Rooney was fairly non existent today he is not a target man and why we are playing him as such is an absolute mystery to me.

What has happened to the fast passing building up attacks from the rear that looked so good early on? We seen to just hoof it to Rooney then blame him when taller CB's (who eat balls like that all day) beat him to it. Get it back on the deck and run at them! We have the players do it!! And all those slagging weso off early doors should hold their hands up cos without him last few games we lose the midfield battle time and time again which I'd probably why we hoof it... No one breaks up the play in our team like he does

The performance at Preston (despite the ludicrous 2-0 final score) seems a million miles away. We tore them to pieces with accurate , fast flowing football and movement.

If this type of football ended up with more 2-1 and 1-0 scorelines rather than the reverse ,the chosen formation and style would be justified .....but we are far more like to finish 0-1 or 1-2 unfortunately.

Looking on the bright side , if we are in a relegation dog fight as we don't get thrashed our goal difference is worth a point.