Post Match Reaction - Shrewsbury

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No have you seen the table, losing to Colchester and Shrewsbury as well as other poor results at home. If you can't see we are in trouble you are deluded

2nd that bud,that shower don't deserve to grace anfeild on Sunday,:censored:ing pits today

No have you seen the table, losing to Colchester and Shrewsbury as well as other poor results at home. If you can't see we are in trouble you are deluded

Deluded? Or just seen worse for the last 3 year's?

We're a far better side this year. You mention our two home losses yet conveniently forget two great away points we just picked up at tough places, where we could of easily crumbled.

They're are far worse teams in this division than us. I'm not saying were world beaters, but I'm far from "deluded" for thinking we will stay up.

Only goal difference keeping us out of the bottom 4? Can honestly say I didn't ever expect us to be so close this season. We can say that we were the better team on the day all day long but we still aren't scoring the goals or keeping the clean sheets to get the results...mystery and sure LJ is scratching his head as how to change it.

Deluded? Or just seen worse for the last 3 year's?

We're a far better side this year. You mention our two home losses yet conveniently forget two great away points we just picked up at tough places, where we could of easily crumbled.

They're are far worse teams in this division than us. I'm not saying were world beaters, but I'm far from "deluded" for thinking we will stay up.

I agree we are a better team this year. However, the lack of passion and guts is alarming to me. Even the :censored:test team can survive on passion, but the good team without it can often crumble.

Big changes are needed.

Guest Scratch2000uk

. You mention our two home losses yet conveniently forget two great away points we just picked up at tough places, where we could of easily crumbled.

Picked up two great points away , but cancelled out all the good work by throwing in two pointless games at home. Draws aren't enough.

Our only issue is we can't take our chances, if we could we would be close to the playoffs but we can't so we are in a relegation scrap.

Will it change? JCH is raw and May or may not become a decent striker (if he stops falling over for no reason it would help),, Charlie Mac May or May not start to take his chances when he comes back in. Philly is top quality and could play championship. Rooney now plays right wing so can't really blame him too much

Montano has gone, Lanzoni has gone, Tarky is possibly going for decent money......we need a genuine goal scorer......but so does everyone and we can't afford to attract the best in our league and most of them wouldn't come to Oldham anyway.

The team may be better on the eye than Dickov's team of last year , but are in the same boat.

Big cup game coming up , to be followed by a fight for survival.

We don't score enough goals and keep so very few clean sheets. This leads to very few victories and draws in the era of 3 points for a win mean you never get away from the basement.

As i said on the other thread, Shrewsbury commentators think we did enough to easily win the game and think we're one of the better sides in the division quote "I have no idea how Oldham find themselves so low down in the table". Playing well doesn't guarantee points but it certainly helps. We're still creating chances, we're still controlling games, with McD and Philli back in the team we'll start to put points on the board again no problem. To be fair to those playing at the moment we aren't being played off the park by anyone, home or away.

The football has been a bit better this season but the league position doesn't lie......we are in a relegation fight yet again and It seems no matter who is at the helm and whatever the squad nothing changes.

We have had injuries lately to key players but all teams suffer them during the course of a season.....LJ will have to

tweak the squad over the next couple of weeks and he'll have to get it right otherwise we might not survive the drop come

May!

Said it on another thread this week - if you can't keep clean sheets you're always going to be in trouble.

Not a surprise that we are just above the relegation spots - home form is the key and only 3 wins never going to be good enough. I'd swap possession and statistical superiority for points any day of the week. Time to start grinding out some wins but worries me that we seem too lightweight in too many areas to do that.

He has had a depleted squad, and 2 vacancies he cannot yet fill + injuries.

LJ needs to pull something out of the bag in the transfer window.

Anyone who does not believe we are embroiled in a relegation dogfight (again)is deluded, not saying any poster on this thread is saying we not in the dogfight.

But, it is very, very tight at the bottom half of the table. 5 pts separate 13th and 21st. 7 points from top half to relegation.

A couple of good results will really lift us up the table, but we have to start beating those around us.

It will be very disappointing if the players give their all in a performance v Liverpool, but I fear a mauling.

Fine margins. Woodwork twice and a fantastic save from Weale. Their one that hits the post comes straight back and he knocks it.

Overall though not good enough today. Can't remember Tarky playing as poorly as that. Both him and Eric were sloppy.

Grounds and Petrasso the only ones who had particularly good games, for me.

We had about 5 or 6 really good chances to score, hit the post, cleared off the line and other balls we didn't get the bounce on. Had "One of those days" written all over it. Shame as we have a lot of these but I didn't expect us to get anything out of the game today. Beaten them twice already, players out and Liverpool on Sunday, had a defeat written all over it. Two mistakes cost us badly.