Oldham fan stabbed?

"Merseyside Police said the 35-year-old man flagged down a passing ambulance in the Anfield area after a disturbance at about 17:00 GMT.

A spokesman said the fan, whose injuries were not life-threatening, is refusing to talk to detectives."

BBC News website

mmmm ....

Edited by LaticsPete

According to the BBC News website:

'A spokesman said the fan, whose injuries were not life-threatening, is refusing to talk to detectives.'

I hope this is not true. But, if it is true, why?

(Sorry, I am unable to post the link for some reason.)

Not really relevant is it?

I think it's relevent. Its terrible which ever way you look at it but there is a massive difference between an innocent person being stabbed than a person that has been out looking for trouble

Like the above poster said It sounds like this guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Of course it is. I'm sure that wasn't the case with Mark as, by all accounts, it would appear that he was just minding his own business and some coward stabbed him from behind in a "stranger attack." However, if I were to go out tonight, hell bent on causing trouble and then came off worse (yes I know people shouldn't carry or use knives) I could have little complaint.

As you said, this is all all unrelated to the incident, but that's nonsense in my opinion. Whatever your take on those who like to go to football and throw fisticuffs with like minded individuals, stabbing someone is a different ballgame.

According to the BBC News website:

'A spokesman said the fan, whose injuries were not life-threatening, is refusing to talk to detectives.'

I hope this is not true. But, if it is true, why?

(Sorry, I am unable to post the link for some reason.)

Perhaps the surgeon accidentally sewed up his mouth instead of his arse. You know what the NHS can be like :grin: .

As you said, this is all all unrelated to the incident, but that's nonsense in my opinion. Whatever your take on those who like to go to football and throw fisticuffs with like minded individuals, stabbing someone is a different ballgame.

I'm obviously not condoning stabbing somebody for a single minute. However, in my opinion, if you go out looking for trouble and you get stabbed then you have played a major part in your own downfall.

Marks a relitively well known face around Latics, and Im not so sure I'd put him in the hooligan category and I doubt he was asking to be stabbed. The lads he was with on the walk to the station I also wouldnt put under that category, however they will all have been wearing non colours and can only have been picked up by accent maybe talking on the way past the pub. Im pretty sure the attack was unprovoked and it was definitely a wrong place, wrong time situation.

Irrelevant of if someone is looking for trouble or not, the lad who has left the house with a knife was planning on stabbing somebody during the course of the day, of which nobody deserves to receive. So whether someone else was looking for a bit of a scrap or not, anyone using weapons cannot be condoned.

Whether Marks not speaking to detectives because he doesnt feel anything will happen or whether its because he is still in a hospital bed, pissed off that hes been stabbed in the arse is anyones guess, but the police force dont fill me with confidence that they would manage to catch anyone.

Packed his knife from home cos his fists can't talk the talk. For me a coward who will always walk the walk of pussy shame. Sad thing is he'll be wanking himself with every newspaper/internet clipping he see's. He won't be caught for this so I'll just say next time I hope his victim is an equal pussy and turns out his light. I hate knives with a passion.

Edited by Lags

On that weird note and before this drifts from best wishes into Hoolie promotion and rampant speculation I'm gonna throw down the :locker:

(I'm sure there will be moaning)

Bob you seen to have insight to how he gets on, so please post them as/when you know more in a new thread.