Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Oldham

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if one of you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?

3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger players)?

4. What are your thoughts on your manager?

5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?

6. Any views on Port Vale & specific players?

7. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report.

To enable me to produce this in good time I need your replies by Tuesday 14th January and the report should appear on the website a couple of days before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP :OASISscarf:

I'm an exile but manage to get to 5 or 6 games a season on average. Been a fan for 20 years (so just missed the glory years!)

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?

OK, still too close to the drop for our liking but on paper we are a club with few fans, a relatively low budget, young squad and an inexperienced young manager so bottom half isn't entirely unexpected. The difference this year is that there are many more signs of promise than previous years when a 2nd half of the season collapse was inevitable.

No obvious danger players but we have a fair few good players from front to back. James Tarkowski at the back, Korey Smith in the middle of the park and Danny Philliskirk in attack stand out. Jonson Clarke-Harris is the rough diamond who has the potential to tear a defence apart.

Pretty positive, results might not be going his way just yet but there are a lot of positive little things that he has done on the pitch or around the club and he isn't afraid to change things around if needed. Hopefully a manager that we can keep for a year or two more.

If there's an obvious candidate to really take the club forward off the pitch then they haven't come out of the woodwork yet and given any serious commitment, so until then Simon Corney is good enough, he has done a fairly solid job without being spectacular. Work has finally begun to replace the old Lookers stand (the big hole on the side of the pitch!) and he has backed his managers without spending beyond our means.

Now that Hughes has gone no-one really stands out. Jennison Myrie-Williams usually seems to be a handful and Tom Pope has a reputation for getting goals so I suppose they stand out. From the outside, Vale seem to have done better than expected this season.

Hard to call, Vale are probably slight favourites but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some joy hitting them on the break. Score draw, probably 1-1.

Oh wait what I meant to say was that Mark Oxley is our tricky left winger who scores for fun...

If you've been a fan for 20 years do you recall Darren Beckford, he was a massive hero for us, though not ultimately successful for you.

What were your thoughts on him?[/quote

Feed feed feed the bear

Feed feed feed the bear

Feed feed feed the beat

Darren beckford scored a memorable goal in the 1994 FA cup quarter final against Bolton where an Oldham team did a proper smash and grab raid.

Far from the gretest striker we've had but had a knack of scoring scoring some important goals.

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if one of you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report.

To enable me to produce this in good time I need your replies by Tuesday 14th January and the report should appear on the website a couple of days before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP :OASISscarf:

CTRL C CTRL V

I remember watching latics away at chelsea beckford jumped up and headed us 1 up. twisted his ankle and went of. we won 1 nil that day. I can tell you stamford bridge was a dump back then.

When he scored that goal against Leeds 1-1 second what Paddy says one of my first heroes also.

I remember watching latics away at chelsea beckford jumped up and headed us 1 up. twisted his ankle and went of. we won 1 nil that day. I can tell you stamford bridge was a dump back then.

1.) He side footed a rebound off the goalie in.

2.) He did his ankle celebrating, and didn't play for us for quite some time afterwards, possibly the entire season, and the Chelsea game was in late October.

3.) The substitute for Beckford that day was one J. Eyre, who in turn was substituted himself, on his debut.

4.) Stamford Bridge, Chelsea and their fans were all a bit poor, think they had 20,000 fans there, most of whom probably can't afford to go nowadays.

He did his ankle celebrating, and didn't play for us for quite some time afterwards, possibly the entire season, and the Chelsea game was in late October

He must have played later on that season because he scored the winners at both Stoke and Bolton Wanderers in the FA Cup the same season.

He also scored in a 3-1 at Vale Park the season after we were relegated from the Prem I'm sure of. We didn't win again there for about 12 attempts. No offence to the OP intended but I :censored:ing hated that place since. The win there the last time we played felt like such a monkey off our back it was untrue!

Was it not the 95-96 season we won there, J?

I'm pretty certain it was an Easter Monday and the same day that David Buust smashed his leg in...

Yeah, you're probably right. Definitely later in the season.

This has just really depressed me seeing all those 90 minutes added together at Vale Park that I'm never going to get back.

The Tuesday night was the worst. Chris Taylor in net and Chris Porter missing every five minutes frok a couple of yards out...

Ugh, don't remind me mate. It was right in the middle of when we fell apart in 2006-07 wasn't it? Wet Tuesday in Burslem. "Glad all over" after every goal. :censored: off. Just, :censored: off.

He must have played later on that season because he scored the winners at both Stoke and Bolton Wanderers in the FA Cup the same season.

He also scored in a 3-1 at Vale Park the season after we were relegated from the Prem I'm sure of. We didn't win again there for about 12 attempts. No offence to the OP intended but I :censored:ing hated that place since. The win there the last time we played felt like such a monkey off our back it was untrue!

So he did, forgot that was the same season.

what goal was it where beckford charged off patting himself on the head claiming he'd scored a goal that missed his head by about 3 feet?

That'll be the one he scored v Liverpool at home. We won either 3-1 or 3-0. near post header. to be fair i thought he'd got a touch. it was the season we needed to win the final 3 to stay up v Villa away (1-0) Liverpool and Southampton (4-3) at home......and did.

Happy days. Nick Henry's goal v Villa gets a mention in Cantonas autobiography as its the goal that won United's first title in 26 years!

No problem, Burlsem it seems doesn't have such a great reputation with away supporters!