3 massive games

Disaster if we lose Grounds and Tarkowski.

We will struggle to find too many centre-backs that good at playing the ball out from the back.

We've got one at the club- Kusunga looks very comfortable with the ball at this level. We might not find one for a permanent transfer in this country, unless our resident scout knows of some non-league player, but Johnson might know of a few from abroad. I'd guess Latvian Eddie is comfortable on the ball too. Plus that Joey Jones who we had on trial but signed for Yeovil has probably dropped down the pecking order there and might be out of contract at the end of the season, IIRC from the comments on here from those that saw him he was comfortable on the ball too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got one at the club- Kusunga looks very comfortable with the ball at this level. We might not find one for a permanent transfer in this country, unless our resident scout knows of some non-league player, but Johnson might know of a few from abroad. I'd guess Latvian Eddie is comfortable on the ball too. Plus that Joey Jones who we had on trial but signed for Yeovil has probably dropped down the pecking order there and might be out of contract at the end of the season, IIRC from the comments on here from those that saw him he was comfortable on the ball too.

I'm a bit out of touch now rudemedic with the non league scene (I can't leave my disabled wife on her own for too long).

As for Joey Jones, he was only on a short term contract and don't think he's started a game, however, he was a substitute last Saturday.

The impression I got from only seeing him once was that he's similar in style to Jonathan Grounds.

Fair enough. But I kind of meant that there weren't too many good ball-playing centres halves... Signing Yeovil's cast-offs doesn't sound too promising.

I wouldn't call him Yeovil's cast offs, we had him on trial and those that saw him rated him, but Yeovil were more able/willing to give him a better deal, plus they are a Championship club.

I'm a bit out of touch now rudemedic with the non league scene (I can't leave my disabled wife on her own for too long).

As for Joey Jones, he was only on a short term contract and don't think he's started a game, however, he was a substitute last Saturday.

The impression I got from only seeing him once was that he's similar in style to Jonathan Grounds.

Cool fair enough, so with him being similar in style to Grounds would that, in your opinion, make him a suitable replacement if Grounds leaves

Cool fair enough, so with him being similar in style to Grounds would that, in your opinion, make him a suitable replacement if Grounds leaves

Yes, on first impression I liked Jones, if Latics had been able to offer him a contract then I would have been delighted.

Edited by BP1960

I have a feeling we may see a couple of out of contract players in the Manchester Senior Cup match against Manchester City on January 22nd.

City will probably field a strong team like last year and this would be an ideal game for LJ to assess the trialists.

I had hoped after last seasons game Latics would have snapped up the outstanding Denis Suarez on loan, but all hope is now dashed as he's signed for Barcelona.

Edited by BP1960

Fair enough. But I kind of meant that there weren't too many good ball-playing centres halves... Signing Yeovil's cast-offs doesn't sound too promising.

just like we should never have signed those cast offs from city warhurst and palmer ot that leeds reject irwin load of crap the lot of em

He's not played at all.

I have a feeling we may see a couple of out of contract players in the Manchester Senior Cup match against Manchester City on January 22nd.

City will probably field a strong team like last year and this would be an ideal game for LJ to assess the trialists.

I had hoped after last seasons game Latics would have snapped up the outstanding Denis Suarez on loan, but all hope is now dashed as he's signed for Barcelona.

My thoughts exactly when Suarez played he ran that show. I know we have had no luck recently with the eds squad but I like the look of devante cole son of Andy. Strong and quick forward when I have seen him play