3 massive games

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but I think the top 10 is a realistic aim for this season still the play offs are beyond us unless we do something utterly incredible. Best we shoot for the moon and miss rather than aim for the ground and hit.

our cant shoot and hit anything, we couldn.t get in the playoffs if we played 8 games more than eveybody else,

If we lose tomorrow night, the thought will be "lose of saturday and we could be in the relegation zone".

We need points to survive, I'm confident we can get them. IF we win 5 out of the next 6 then we can look at the top end. Til then, such talk is mental.

Haven't we said that every year for the past 10...

Yep we pretty much have, but it relates to when a new manager comes in doesn't it?

The second season is usually the one where the new manager is able to fully put his stamp on the side, instead of the 1st season having to work with players brought in by the previous manager.

Next year, LJ can, in theory, move on any of the players left over from Dickov that he doesn't want or thinks aren't value for money on their wages, and bring in yet more of his type of players.

The ones he's already brought in will be in the 2nd year of contracts; and should, again in theory, be settled and ready to push on.

He's said many times he's looking to build a settled squad, next year will be the evidence of that. So, we should be ready to kick on

"Next year, LJ can, in theory, move on any of the players left over from Dickov that he doesn't want or thinks aren't value for money on their wages, and bring in yet more of his type of players.

The ones he's already brought in will be in the 2nd year of contracts; and should, again in theory, be settled and ready to push on"

How many are left playing? Wes and Grounds? Tarky too. Hardly basis to say it's not his type of squad. The second point of the settled squad is more important for me.

I'm including some of our younger players in that.

The likes of Connor Brown, Belezika, Millar, Winchester and i guess Mellor too; as well as Grounds and Wesolowski.

Will be interesting to see what he does with those players. Whether he sees value for money as sqaud filler, or that he can get better out there for the same or close to wages.

I'm including some of our younger players in that.

The likes of Connor Brown, Belezika, Millar, Winchester and i guess Mellor too; as well as Grounds and Wesolowski.

Will be interesting to see what he does with those players. Whether he sees value for money as sqaud filler, or that he can get better out there for the same or close to wages.

Don't know why, but something tells me Grounds will move on.

Don't know why, but something tells me Grounds will move on.

I think its a fait assumption that both he & Wes will be on very good money for our club.

Guess LJ has to assess whether he thinks they're worth it first, then see if they are both interested in re-signing for us.

I actually think both could move on.

Grounds has said he prefers playing as a left back.

Johnson has said he thinks Grounds is better at centre half.

Grounds' contract is up at the end of the season.

But from what we have seen this season, Grounds looks a better centre half than left back. Perhaps he feels left back gives him license to get forward more.

Think we have the option on kusunga for 12 months .

Grounds very appealing for 'big' league 1 club / championship club and we maybe won't be able to compete with other offers on the table.

- no transfer fee

-versatile

- hardly ever misses a game

More confident of keeping wes than grounds at this point .