3 massive games

Sorry in advance to those who are looking down the table rather than up, but we have three massive ganes coming up which will decide whether we are in for a push at the top 6 come the end of the season.

We are only 12 points off 6th and we have everyone now fit and Worrall to come into the team, we should certainly be able to or aim get on that 'run' of 3-4 straight wins that are needed if we are to challenge

Next 3 games are

Walsall A

Port Vale A

Peterborough H

These 3 teams are all in and around the top 10

I KNOW it's easier said than done, but IMO we have enough to get 7/9 or 9/9 from these games, certainly Pboro aren't all that as results recently have proved.

Should /\ materialise then that puts us on 34/35 points still with a game in and against MK Dongs at home, and takes the 'pressure' off needing a result against Wolves the following Tuesday.

With Rotherham to then play at Home next month, it would really set it up for an interesting last couple of months.

This team has the abiility, we now need to show what we are made of and go get those wins.

LET'S BE POSITIVE!!

Blackpool have done it before from nowhere, and we aren't THAT far away.

COYB

Edited by shefflatic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry in advance to those who are looking down the table rather than up, but we have three massive ganes coming up which will decide whether we are in for a push at the top 6 come the end of the season.

We are only 12 points off 6th and we have everyone now fit and Worrall to come into the team, we should certainly be able to or aim get on that 'run' of 3-4 straight wins that are needed if we are to challenge

Next 3 games are

Walsall A

Port Vale A

Peterborough H

These 3 teams are all in and around the top 10

I KNOW it's easier said than done, but IMO we have enough to get 7/9 or 9/9 from these games, certainly Pboro aren't all that as results recently have proved.

Should /\ materialise then that puts us on 34/35 points still with a game in and against MK Dongs at home, and takes the 'pressure' off needing a result against Wolves the following Tuesday.

With Rotherham to then play at Home next month, it would really set it up for an interesting last couple of months.

This team has the abiility, we now need to show what we are made of and go get those wins.

LET'S BE POSITIVE!!

COYB

i.ll have some of what your drinking, 11 goals in 11 home games should bring you back to sanity,

I love a bit of rampant optimism.

I left BP last night thinking we are a long way from doing anything more than finish just above the drop zone.

But you're right. We have seen signs of ability and we amass our points playing nicer football than we've seen in the previous couple of seasons. Just not enough points to compete.

If LJ can get it to gel, and that's a big if, then who knows. The biggest positive yesterday was the clean sheet. We won't lose many games where we repeat that!

COYB

I know people like to romanticise this myth that Blackpool were slump bottom with 10 games to go and managed a feat of miraculous proportions to charge past every team in the division and win promotion.

The reality is they were already in the playoff places by January and probably had about 10-15 more points than we currently do at this stage of the season.

EDIT - Here we go, after 25 games they were 5th on 41 points.

http://www.blackpool-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/2006_2007/30/dec/blackpool/index.shtml

Edited by PlayItLivo

I know people like to romanticise this myth hat Blackpool were slump bottom with 10 games to go and managed a feat of miraculous proportions to charge past every team in the division and win promotion.

The reality is they were already in the playoff places by January and probably had about 10-15 more points than we currently do at this stage of the season.

Beat me to it. I think a lot of people simply weren't paying attention that year as we were looking at winning automatic or even the league. Edited by jsslatic

Haha, only 12 points off 6th, with our non scoring strikers it should be a doddle to pull that gap back.

Invariably our problem has been the bloke that people seem to 'rate' in between the goal posts in keeping c.2? clean sheets all season

i'll take 3 or 4 1-0 wins, same number of points last time i looked and goals can also be scored from other players, ala Wes

In fact, it's nigh time we got a few ugly 1-0 wins

Edited by shefflatic

Invariably our problem has been the bloke that people seem to 'rate' in between the goal posts in keeping c.2? clean sheets all season

i'll take 3 or 4 1-0 wins, same number of points last time i looked and goals can also be scored from other players, ala Wes

In fact, it's nigh time we got a few ugly 1-0 wins

What position were Yeovil after 24 games last season ?

Bollocks. No shame in our defensive record (joint 8th best in the division). It's the goals scored column which is the issue (18th best).

I think we should be aiming at the top 10 rather than play offs.

If we go on a dazzling run and win 8-9 of our next 12 games then we can think about making a charge for the play offs.

It is also true about the Blackpool team who were already a lot further up the table, but that was a team that finished 3rd we would only need to finish 6th.

However if we finish the season strongly then we do atleast give ourselves some momentum going into next season.

I think we should be aiming at the top 10 rather than play offs.

If we go on a dazzling run and win 8-9 of our next 12 games then we can think about making a charge for the play offs.

It is also true about the Blackpool team who were already a lot further up the table, but that was a team that finished 3rd we would only need to finish 6th.

However if we finish the season strongly then we do atleast give ourselves some momentum going into next season.

One thing at a time. We're 3 points above the bottom four, let's enhance that gap first.

If we can pull away, then we can think about top 10!

Love a bit of youthful optimism. Good for you.

Sadly, this has echoes of 'feel good factors post which was followed by defeats against Colchester and Shrewsbury.

We've just beaten a poor team 1-0. Even by this divisions standards, Stevenage are crap. Still, I'm middle aged and cynical. I'd rather have your optimism.

One thing at a time. We're 3 points above the bottom four, let's enhance that gap first.

If we can pull away, then we can think about top 10!

I know but I think the top 10 is a realistic aim for this season still the play offs are beyond us unless we do something utterly incredible. Best we shoot for the moon and miss rather than aim for the ground and hit. Edited by GlossopLatic