• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oxley

Mellor Grounds Tarkowski Kasunga

Dayton Wesolowski Smith Petrasso

Harkins

MacDonald

Bench: Rachubka - Lockwood - Brown - Worrall - Philliskirk - Clarke-Harris - Rooney

Not going to lie, I found it very hard to pick a team as we have quite a lot of options. Leaving Philliskirk and JCH is a hard option, but i think that MacDonald is our best striker and one of the players with a better footballing brain, I think he'd link up better with Harkins, being able to better read his game and get onto his flick ons, rather than Philliskirk and JCH who tended to move into the wrong positions on Saturday.

Would like to Worrall given a run out if he's available, see what the hype is about.

Either MacDonald or Rooney for JCH, and as for Dayton, I don't like seeing him on the bench now he's back from injury, but it's just a matter of competition-for-places in his position. At a push though, I'd say he's better at LM than Philliskirk.

Edited by ShireBlue

JCH rested for me too, lead the line superbly over a busy period and hard to remember he's only 19 .

Ox

Kusunga

Grounds

Tarky

Mellor

Philliskirk

Wes

Smith

Petrasso

Harkins

Charlie mac

No real target man in there but Walsall keep it on deck unlike Stevenage so I reckon there's less of a need for us to have to match up physically . Like to see Macdonald on the shoulder of butler and making the most of harkins , philli and petrasso's build up play .

Edited by GravityGrave

Charlie Mac won't be fit enough to start, I'd go with the same team as Saturday but with Rooney up front instead of JCH, as I think JCH could do with a rest, he was looking very leggy against both Liverpool and Stevenage, plus I'd like to see what Rooney can do playing ahead of Harkins. I'd give Charlie Mac a bit longer than the 10 minutes he got from the bench on Saturday, in a straight swop with Rooney around 60 minutes.

Edited by rudemedic

Looked dangerous in the few balls that he got in the first half. However, we seemed to focus (wrongly) on the left wing rather than exploiting the right with Petrasso's pace.

he was weak whenever the ball went near him. Couldn't cope with their physicality - he wasn't alone. He also rarely looks for the ball, I don;t buy this "we focused on the left". Just feel he needs a rest.

he was weak whenever the ball went near him. Couldn't cope with their physicality - he wasn't alone. He also rarely looks for the ball, I don;t buy this "we focused on the left". Just feel he needs a rest.

We did focus on the left. 9/10 balls that went out went to the left wing.

That said, I agree that he was unable to cope with their physicality and there was only one moment where he looked for the ball and that saw him make a decent run through the middle of the park. Both him and Philliskirk with marked out of the game.

Oxley

Mellor

Grounds

Tarkowski

Kusunga

Petrasso

Smith

Wesolowski

Dayton

Macdonald

Philliskirk

Harkins on the bench for away games, hit them on the counter. Rooney for Macdonald if Charlie not fit to start.

From what LJ said at MTM I think Harkins is mainly a weapon for home games when sides are likely to park the bus. Walsall won't do that.

Oxley

Mellor

Grounds

Tarkowski

Kusunga

Petrasso

Smith

Wesolowski

Dayton

Macdonald

Philliskirk

Harkins on the bench for away games, hit them on the counter. Rooney for Macdonald if Charlie not fit to start.

From what LJ said at MTM I think Harkins is mainly a weapon for home games when sides are likely to park the bus. Walsall won't do that.

Thinking about it I agree with this. If we're chasing the game Harkins and JCH could be brought on.

4-5-1 for me, clog the midfield, stop them playing and hit them on the counter. I know "don't change a winning side" but Walsall will look to attack us more than Stevenage and are a lot better side.

Oxley

Kasunga tarky Lockwood Grounds

Patrasso Smith Wesolowski Mellor Dayton

Rooney

A few good games doesn't mean he's the done deal, he will hopefully have learnt from Saturday as he did the first couple of marches where he seemed clueless

how anyone can pick a side without Philly is beyond me

Oxley

Kusunga

Tarkowski

Grounds

Mellor

(clean sheet deserves to be same back 4)

Wes Rodgers Smith

Philly Petrasso

JCH / Rooney / Mcdonald

I can't justify leaving Harkins out after his performance the other day.

However, as other have pointed out he might be more of a weapon for home games. Both good players anyway.

Philiskirk makes us tick, especially away from home. Id go with the same team as Saturday, maybe bring in Dayton for Petrasso to give us more defensive cover, possibly drop JCH for Mcdonald, but LJ said he likes JCH away from home to exploit the space in the opposing half.

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

----------------------------Oxley----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Tarkowski-------------------------------------

---------------Wesolowski------Smith---------------------------------

Petrasso-Rooney-Philliskirk-Harkins-McDonald-JCH-Dayton

1-2-7, old school.

Edited by DTM