Team for Walsall

Does Clarke Harris have some sort of physical problem? All I ever read is that he's tired. The new Craig Dudley?

I've never got this with footballers.

I've started running a bit the last year or two and I sometimes feel stiff & knackered the day after but then feel great two days after.

And those two days have usually seen the consumption of at least some, if not a lot, of alcohol.

These lads eat healthy, drink little if at all, are naturally athletic hence them being sportsmen and follow professional fitness regimes.

Mental tiredness, fair enough. Physical tiredness is just bollocks isn't it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never got this with footballers.

I've started running a bit the last year or two and I sometimes feel stiff & knackered the day after but then feel great two days after.

And those two days have usually seen the consumption of at least some, if not a lot, of alcohol.

These lads eat healthy, drink little if at all, are naturally athletic hence them being sportsmen and follow professional fitness regimes.

Mental tiredness, fair enough. Physical tiredness is just bollocks isn't it?

90 minutes on a Saturday, 3 hours training every day of the week (Probably includes some tactical) and a bit in the gym. Drop a days training if they have to play 90 minutes midweek. Its a hard life.

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

----------------------------Oxley----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Tarkowski-------------------------------------

---------------Wesolowski------Smith---------------------------------

Petrasso-Rooney-Philliskirk-Harkins-McDonald-JCH-Dayton

1-2-7, old school.

Tarky's a bit squeezed for room there to make his attacking runs.

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

----------------------------Oxley----------------------------------------

-------------------------Tarkowski-------------------------------------

---------------Wesolowski------Smith---------------------------------

Petrasso-Rooney-Philliskirk-Harkins-McDonald-JCH-Dayton

1-2-7, old school.

All out attack with the old nearest to the back goes in goals then.

Oxley

Mellor Grounds Tarkowski Kasunga

Dayton Wesolowski Smith Petrasso

Harkins

MacDonald

Bench: Rachubka - Lockwood - Brown - Worrall - Philliskirk - Clarke-Harris - Rooney

Not going to lie, I found it very hard to pick a team as we have quite a lot of options. Leaving Philliskirk and JCH is a hard option, but i think that MacDonald is our best striker and one of the players with a better footballing brain, I think he'd link up better with Harkins, being able to better read his game and get onto his flick ons, rather than Philliskirk and JCH who tended to move into the wrong positions on Saturday.

Would like to Worrall given a run out if he's available, see what the hype is about.

yes that sounds great , just leave the 3 top goalscorers on the bench, absolutely barmy, think again, walsall will love that

Oxley

Mellor

Grounds

Tarkowski

Kusunga

Petrasso

Smith

Wesolowski

Dayton

Macdonald

Philliskirk

Harkins on the bench for away games, hit them on the counter. Rooney for Macdonald if Charlie not fit to start.

From what LJ said at MTM I think Harkins is mainly a weapon for home games when sides are likely to park the bus. Walsall won't do that.

Boom!

What do I win?

I think Millar and Winchester are coming to the end of their days as Latics players. Neither on the bench again.

That's a bit of a stretch, just because they haven't made the bench, when I think everyone is fit, doesn't mean they are off at the end of the season.

In the words of Lee Johnson, how long do you give them to prove themselves?

A little while longer, Winchester is still only 20 and they will both be only 21 in June. I'd keep offering them a new contract at exactly the same terms as they are on now for another 18 months. As I think they might have some interest from elsewhere and doing that gets us some compo (won't be much but it is better than nothing). After all they have both been contenders for MOTM in at least one game this season.

I would be looking to send them out on loan though, and I can see both going to at least a conference club and Winchester could easily play regularly at League 2 level. Both really need regular appearances and they won't get that here, especially for the time being and when Worrall is fully fit. Doubly so if we get some more right sided or forward players in.