Johnson take the blane

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't send your assistant to the press conference do it yourself. We want answers after that shambolic performance. 1 shot and wrong subs. Who sticks one up front when we are 1-0 down. At least Dickov went for it.

I had no interest in hearing him say all the right things yet again.

No problem with this.

Good to see he doesn't want to patronise us.

You're right it is the right thing to do.

It should happen every game, no matter who we're playing or how many fans are there. 20 fans or 20,000, at the end of the day, they're their to support you and you should acknowledge that, win, lose or draw.

Grates on me when players head straight down the tunnel after a game.

I couldn't give a flying :censored:.

All I care about is them winning games. They're free to flick us the v's at the end of the match if they do that.

I couldn't give a flying :censored:.

All I care about is them winning games. They're free to flick us the v's at the end of the match if they do that.

Imagine the 15 page OWTB Thread and the twitter trends after that.

Christ, Rooney only had to miss a penalty to get a torrent of abuse, indirectly on twitter.

When did some of our fans become so precious? #amf

When the other half became twats.

Not refering to you Harry, just getting on my tits at the moment, some on here, some on twitter.

Maybe i'm a so-called "happy clapper" but I think we should be getting behind the team, rather than the Johnson Out Brigade coming out and talking :censored:. Yes we're on a bad run at the moment, but people need to understand that things don't change over night. Our team may look like a top half team on paper to some, but it's what happens on the pitch that counts. The lack of goalscorer is an alarming thing at the moment, however, i'm confident that Johnson will be able to solve this problem.

Saw someone post on Twitter that Simon Corney shouldn't invest another penny in LJ... I think that was in pinnacle of what i've seen on Twitter. Surely that's the worst thing that can happen now, we desperately need another striker, yet some "fans" would be happy if we spent no money what so ever and just seemingly let Johnson fail with the squad he's got. Football is a transitional game, one where the squad changes and new faces come in every few months, just to freshen it up. If it isn't working, it needs fixing and at the moment, it needs that little bit more investment to take us to the next level, well, to mid-table at least.

Sorry for the rant, nothing personal to anyone. Needed to vent my frustration.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

fanatic I've now witnessed mansfield brentford Shrewsbury Northampton an that today in the last month an if I'm honest on the whole it's been dreadful an I'm not anti Jonson far from it

Yeah, I know it's far from ideal. Some of the football has been there in parts. However, the lack of end product and the run of draws and 1-0 losses is very frustrating.

You must agree that there is something there, our style of play is encouraging, most of the time. We are one or two players away from producing results, in my opinion.

People need to stick with it, give the team and Johnson time. Changing a large majority of the playing squad or the manager after 10 months isn't an option for me, nor will Simon Corney be thinking it either.

Good to hear that you're still in the "Johnson In" camp JW.

When the other half became twats.

Not refering to you Harry, just getting on my tits at the moment, some on here, some on twitter.

Maybe i'm a so-called "happy clapper" but I think we should be getting behind the team, rather than the Johnson Out Brigade coming out and talking :censored:. Yes we're on a bad run at the moment, but people need to understand that things don't change over night. Our team may look like a top half team on paper to some, but it's what happens on the pitch that counts. The lack of goalscorer is an alarming thing at the moment, however, i'm confident that Johnson will be able to solve this problem.

Saw someone post on Twitter that Simon Corney shouldn't invest another penny in LJ... I think that was in pinnacle of what i've seen on Twitter. Surely that's the worst thing that can happen now, we desperately need another striker, yet some "fans" would be happy if we spent no money what so ever and just seemingly let Johnson fail with the squad he's got. Football is a transitional game, one where the squad changes and new faces come in every few months, just to freshen it up. If it isn't working, it needs fixing and at the moment, it needs that little bit more investment to take us to the next level, well, to mid-table at least.

Sorry for the rant, nothing personal to anyone. Needed to vent my frustration.

But we are :censored: & we're at risk of going down.

I don't understand why so many get their knickers in such a twist about people stating & moaning about that fact.

Or why some pretend otherwise and think doing so somehow makes them better fans than the rest of us.

But I'm optimistic that Lee Johnson agrees & will sort it out given time.

If he doesn't Simon Corney will.

Edited by HarryBosch

But we are :censored: & we're at risk of going down.

I don't understand why so many get their knickers in such a twist about people stating & moaning about that fact.

Or why some pretend otherwise and think doing so somehow makes them better than the rest of us.

But I'm optimistic that Lee Johnson agrees & will sort it out given time.

If he doesn't Simon Corney will.

It's not a fact that we're :censored: though.

I'm not pretending about anything. In my opinion there is genuinely something there to be excited about, something that gives me the impression that we will stay up and push on next season. Like i've said and you've said, it needs time and we also need a striker.

We're all in this together, as the balding :censored: in number 10 says.

We are where we are because of the budget. People thinking we should be challenging play offs are deluded. Johnson is doing a fine job for me, playing good football most of the time. We clearly lack a striker, if we could afford one I'm sure he'd sign one, but we can't. Let's see if he can pull off a cheeky loan now Byrne and Lanzoni are off the wage bill.

Edited by Schlieb

I think what has caused frustration to mount is the repetitive nature of the errors. To see the same errors repeated game in and game out causes irritation and a sense of a lack of direction.

I don't think the team are :censored: and watching games I very rarely feel the opposition are superior to ourselves. That said, I have no confidence we will win close games and would have predicted the eventual scoreline from 25 minutes into the game (who didn't to be honest?)

Where LJ is at fault is that he has not adapted our play as sides have worked us out. Teams sit deep against us, press when we try and play into the final third and break quickly. We do not transition well both in defence (where we are slow to get back behind the ball) and in attack where we do not commit bodies, or the ball, forward quickly enough!!

That said our finishing as someone has said earlier betrays the players mindset. We are snatching at everything and players do not want to shoot in and around the box. Philiskirk is slicing everything at the moment our midfield continually pass on shooting opportunities and nobody commits to the box.

The manager needs his players to take responsibility and he needs to accept that we need to open up our style of play. If not we are firmly in trouble!

Edited by whitey1980

Mellor as left back is going to ruin his career! ! We are desperate for a LB and somebody who has an end product and can finish! Why not start with worrall today and have phily up front god knows.

yes mellor is the reason we cant score goals, who will be the whipping boy when he has gone, its the midfield that are to blame, smith in his sweeper role in particular, why he plays so deep is beyond me, LJ must like it though, when wes got forward against stevenage we scored, smith should try it,

It's not a fact that we're :censored: though.

I'm not pretending about anything. In my opinion there is genuinely something there to be excited about, something that gives me the impression that we will stay up and push on next season. Like i've said and you've said, it needs time and we also need a striker.

We're all in this together, as the balding :censored: in number 10 says.

is it jack daniels who told you, by the way the balding :censored: is far better than the goon who wants his job, millypeed is it, ?