No more Latvian Eddie

From the thread on the recent 'Meet the Manager' event:

Posted by b0ndl1ne on 09 January 2014 - 08:29 PM in The Terraces - Latics Forum

Eddie - has got a fractured back. Has height, pace and good on the ball but isn't ready. admits he may have made a mistake using the Playershare money on a development project. If it fails he will put the funds back into Playershare one way or another.

I don't see it as wasted money. Sure it's not worked out as hoped but that's football. I guess we could all say every player over the last decade was wasted money if we choose to. Looking forward to the next player that playershare helps along with in to the club.

It'll be disappointing if we don't see a couple of 'big' signings now after Byrne, Rooney, Schmeltz and Rooney are off the wagebill...

Also from the recent 'Meet the Manager' thread:

opinions4u, on 09 Jan 2014 - 6:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Stand: probably not ready for the start of the season but it is progressing. Money matters still not fully nailed down.

I'd be prepared to be disappointed if I were you.

I prepare myself for disappointment at around 2.55 every Saturday, this is Latics we're talking about so I don't expect.

Also from the recent 'Meet the Manager' thread:

opinions4u, on 09 Jan 2014 - 6:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Stand: probably not ready for the start of the season but it is progressing. Money matters still not fully nailed down

That ties in with the Chron quote about Latics hoping to seal a deal for Tarky to leave...

Regardless, it looks like we'll have sold our two best players since the start of the season, Tarky would need a replacement.