Johnson The Tinker Man

Yet again we see the team tampered with, this could be seen as a factor for the inconsistency because players are not settled playing with each other. Tonight we saw the inclusion of Dunfield and Charlie Mac for worrall and Winchester. I believe this was the wrong decision, Worrall had the bet delivery at the club which we was missing today. whilst Winchester was one of the better players from Saturday. I know it wasn't one of the best performances but a wins a win.

if we are going to make a change for Tranmere Danny P is almost certain for the axe. He has been massively out of form for a bit ineffective and is certainly not a winger. We need players playing in the right position and a consistent first 11.

final point our former top scorer has bagged again tonight and is on fire in Scotland

Edited by SavageTheBeast

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again we see the team tampered with, this could be seen as a factor for the inconsistency because players are not settled playing with each other. Tonight we saw the inclusion of Dunfield and Charlie Mac for worrall and Winchester. I believe this was the wrong decision, Worrall had the bet delivery at the club which we was missing today. whilst Winchester was one of the better players from Saturday. I know it wasn't one of the best performances but a wins a win.

if we was going to make a change for Tranmere Danny P is almost certain for the axe. He has been massively out of form for a bit ineffective and is certainly not a winger. We need players playing in the right position and a consistent first 11.

final point our former top scorer has bagged again tonight and is on fire in Scotland

Just posted about his tinkering in another thread. Totally agree though.

I agree with a lot of what you say I know im accused of being a johnson boo boy but the bloke dont help himself, 1-0 win lets piss around with the team, dunfield for winchester, dropping worral - why ?? they provide the energy, we were static no energy or drive 1st half slightly better 2nd half but game was lost. We will never get a run going without continuity but LJ just cant help himself gotta mess about with the team cant help himself, should save that for fifa14 when you get home.

Worrals hamstring injury that he's had most the season means he struggles with 2 games so close together.

Winchester wasn't injured and I know that as fact just dropped!

To be fair, had Dunfield signed sooner, I imagine he'd have started Saturday.

Either way, back to the OP, I hardly call one enforced change and one other change a 'tinker'.

I'm not sure Saturday's performance was stunning enough to warrant no change. It was a stuffy win.

Most wins in this division are stuffy - we need to develop the habit of winning and messing about with team every week isn't going to do that..

he does it week after week dropped JCH and Rooney after scoring in games this season, plays players out of position week after week ( philly and rooney aint wingers) and the young lads like winchester, mellor, jch dont get a fair crack of the whip other tha that not doin a bad job and talks bull:censored: in his interviews.

To be fair, had Dunfield signed sooner, I imagine he'd have started Saturday.

Either way, back to the OP, I hardly call one enforced change and one other change a 'tinker'.

Oh come on, he's done it all frickin season, constantly chopping and changing. How many players have we got through this season, and how many times have the same team started 2 games on the spin. It's no surprise we've only win back to back league games once all season.

If Winchester is the difference between 3 points and a loss we have far worse problems than a little tinkering!

Perhaps, but Winchester looked (very) good tonight, and was decent on Saturday too. He always seems to have that little bit of extra time on the ball and can find a pass too.

LJ added that 'for some reason' Carl Winchester cannot complete a full 90. Said Korey Smith should be back on Sat. #oafc (https://twitter.com/MENOAFC/status/438438340527161346)

Added that Worrall is tight and could not start. Said looking at bringing in defensive reinforcement if Connor Brown has picked up injury. (https://twitter.com/MENOAFC/status/438439013863915520)

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream

Make him the cutest that I've ever seen

Give him two lips like roses and clover

Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over

Edited by blueatheart

One thing that has not been mentioned here is the abysmal distribution from the defensive third.

I fail to see how we can play any constructive football with the back four set up as it was tonight. Any decent possession was hoofed away our negatively passed into inadvertently dangerous areas.

Truly awful in the first half and headlessly showing some commitment in the second. It is rare to come out of a game of football with so little to be positive about. The team played like the relative strangers they looked like on the teamsheet!!