what could of been

looking back over the past 12 months or so where would we be with players we have let go say a starting 11 of

oxley

kusunga

tarky

lanzoni

m'voto

croft

wes

baxter

matt smith

philly

harkins

with korey, jch, worral, charlie, mellor, grounds in reserve ?

I know we have turned over a high volume of players but youd like to think that if we had an ounce of ambition we could be competitive with the top 6 ?

looking back over the past 12 months or so where would we be with players we have let go say a starting 11 of

oxley

kusunga

tarky

lanzoni

m'voto

croft

wes

baxter

matt smith

philly

harkins

with korey, jch, worral, charlie, mellor, grounds in reserve ?

I know we have turned over a high volume of players but youd like to think that if we had an ounce of ambition we could be competitive with the top 6 ?

First of all we wouldn't have been able to afford all of them at once so that rules it out.

Secondly,

oxley - woeful

kusunga - injured or suspended most of the time

tarky - Wanted to go, offered some money and ultimately took it

lanzoni - Wanted to go, was out of contract

m'voto - same as lanzoni

croft - don't even know what happened with croft

wes - still there

baxter - was never going to stay

matt smith - didn't really rate him, scored two crucial, memorable goals against liverpool and one against everton

philly - still there, lost form

harkins - still there, is fantastic

But still, lovely to dream

I would go with:

Hallworth

Halle

Barlow

Henry

Jobson

Barrett

Adams

Ritchie

Marshall

Milligan

Holden

subs? nah won't need any...

Goram , Irwin , Warhurst and Redfearn in ..... Hallworth ,.Halle , Jobson ,and Milligan sat on the bench with Palmer , Ward & Quinn.

Those saying no thanks to Smith... he has scored nine goals in the Championship, four more than our highest goalscorer in the league this season. Much better option than we have this year, although admittedly our lack of proper wingers atm would have hindered him.

Those saying no thanks to Smith... he has scored nine goals in the Championship, four more than our highest goalscorer in the league this season. Much better option than we have this year, although admittedly our lack of proper wingers atm would have hindered him.

Exactly, the lack of wingers!

The fact he has championship wingers means he will score it's inevitable.

Anyone remember his miss against Crewe at home was it?

I would go with:

Hallworth

Halle

Barlow

Henry

Jobson

Barrett

Adams

Ritchie

Marshall

Milligan

Holden

subs? nah won't need any...

:censored:ing hell. Reading that makes me realise just how far this club has fallen.

How thoroughly depressing.

Exactly, the lack of wingers!

The fact he has championship wingers means he will score it's inevitable.

Yes i remember that miss! Open goal v crewe - just needed a side-foot!

Not as much as I remember his unplayable display at Forest, his two goals against Liverpool, his last minute equaliser against Everton, his winner against Bury, his winner against Yeovil and his goal against Crawley...

He's scored 10 goals this season. I think at least 50% of his appearances have been from the bench. Not bad going.

My old boss is a Leeds fan. They're struggling at the moment but he says Matt Smith, for all his weaknesses, is one of the few who is putting in 100% when he's on the pitch, winning what's lumped up to him, holding the ball up well and getting on the end of crosses.

Can't really expect the lad to do more.

I'll always love Smith for that FA Cup madness - as I said at the time, his goal against Everton at home sparked a reaction from me that was even more ecstatic than any I've had in football before, including my country at World Cups. He headed home a rare but truly glorious moment. It'll be a long time before we see it's likes again. So good luck to the lad.

Not as much as I remember his unplayable display at Forest, his two goals against Liverpool, his last minute equaliser against Everton, his winner against Bury, his winner against Yeovil and his goal against Crawley...

That's the spirit better than the negative claptrap about his miss against Crewe which I don't remember,but I remember the above.

Indeed.

A limited player - but a limited player who scored some friggin important goals for us.

The Bury one - even though I was locked out and in pub when it went in - being arguably the most important one.

For those goals alone, will always recieve a warm welcome when back at BP from me.