Let's Get It Right

Let me gage a good understanding of the 'moving stands' sitiation with some of the comments that have been made:

'The RRE has the best view' - The best view for me is the side, however it is better than the chaddy

'The Chaddy has always been the home end' - Yes it has and a lot like tradition including myself

'The RRE has the best accoustics' - If you get a massive crowd in it isn't bad but neither is the Chaddy

'The RRE sells beer' - Yes it does but the Chaddy could apply and be granted license for selling beer

'The RRE is the best stand' - Maybe but it always held away fans when we had 4 stands

'We don't need Oldham fans in 3 stands' - Completely agree we don't

'It saves money by moving the RRE fans' - Completely agree, less on stewards, policing etc

'It gives a better chance of atmosphere' - Yes it does if Latics fans are together

'I won't come if I have to move constantly' - You get told you have to move when you buy a ST

'The best atmosphere is in the RRE' - Not this season, heard the chaddy more tbh

It doesn't make much difference to me as I sit in the Main Stand Paddock but I really don't understand the complaints. People are trying to improve the atmosphere and given it was Crawley with the coach incident I have an idea that this might be a reason for the move. When the lookers was still there I sat in both sides and the chaddy in one season and it didn't bother me where I sat because I still got to watch Oldham. I have since been in the RRE both small section and large section but honestly doesn't bother me where I sit and I certainly don't understand why you wouldn't come to support Oldham in a crucial game purely because you're spitting your dummy out about where you can or cannot sit.

All opinion based but I think the Chaddy end can get rocking again with support and I understand that support grows in numbers when the team is playing well and winning but let's try our best eh and help the lads to get a much needed 3 points on Saturday regardless of where you sit!

I think you're rather missing the point.

Tell me what the point is then because I'm clearly missing it and want to know why people are making such a big fuss?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Atmosphere (or lack of) has nothing to do with seating arrangements.

Results and entertainment on the other hand...

This is a cost-cutting experiment.

I'll be very surprised if there's a RRE season ticket option next season.

So would I and I don't disagree but we haven't got that and entertainment doesn't matter for the last 9 games, scruffy wins matter and the crowd need to rise to the relegation dog fight too and really support. Don't disagree with your points though

I don't think you've missed the point. You've even added one reason no one else has mentioned - last year's goings on with the coach.

No, No I mentioned the coach thing because that is a reason I believe the Crawley match has seen the RRE shut, might be completely wrong but that was an act of pathetic, mindless behaviour from a bunch of kids! and I don't think we want the same to happen again so I guess fear of that happening may be an added incentive to close it. Only a suggestion

Let me gage a good understanding of the 'moving stands' sitiation with some of the comments that have been made:

'The RRE has the best view' - The best view for me is the side, however it is better than the chaddy

'The Chaddy has always been the home end' - Yes it has and a lot like tradition including myself

'The RRE has the best accoustics' - If you get a massive crowd in it isn't bad but neither is the Chaddy

'The RRE sells beer' - Yes it does but the Chaddy could apply and be granted license for selling beer

'The RRE is the best stand' - Maybe but it always held away fans when we had 4 stands

'It saves money by moving the RRE fans' - Completely agree, less on stewards, policing etc

'It gives a better chance of atmosphere' - Yes it does if Latics fans are together

'I won't come if I have to move constantly' - You get told you have to move when you buy a ST

'The best atmosphere is in the RRE' - Not this season, heard the chaddy more tbh

It doesn't make much difference to me as I sit in the Main Stand Paddock but I really don't understand the complaints. People are trying to improve the atmosphere and given it was Crawley with the coach incident I have an idea that this might be a reason for the move. When the lookers was still there I sat in both sides and the chaddy in one season and it didn't bother me where I sat because I still got to watch Oldham. I have since been in the RRE both small section and large section but honestly doesn't bother me where I sit and I certainly don't understand why you wouldn't come to support Oldham in a crucial game purely because you're spitting your dummy out about where you can or cannot sit.

All opinion based but I think the Chaddy end can get rocking again with support and I understand that support grows in numbers when the team is playing well and winning but let's try our best eh and help the lads to get a much needed 3 points on Saturday regardless of where you sit!

Completely agree with the last statement that we need to get behind the team on Saturday no matter what!

However, if you think we home fans don't need to be in three sides of the ground then that is just handing home advantage to the opposition. Having a three sided ground is bad enough but a 2 sided home presence is just plain daft!

'We won't come if we constantly have to move'

We move for big away followings, and not for cost cutting exercises. What's the bloody point of having a season ticket and picking your seat.

Best atmosphere is in the Chaddy....you must be joking! I've sat in the RRE and Chaddy and there's no comparison.

By the way I usually sit in Main Stand upper and don't have a season ticket in the RRE.

Whilst acknowledging the fact when RRE season tickets are purchased you expect to be moved, little did we think it would be for the likes of Crawley. Also if anyone thinks that we have a vendetta against Crawley after last season they need to wake up, mindless morons tend to go to most games it and they could do stupid acts like last season at any given time.

Edited by disjointed

Whilst acknowledging the fact when RRE season tickets are purchased you expect to be moved, little did we think it would be for the likes of Crawley. Also if anyone thinks that we have a vendetta against Crawley after last season they need to wake up, mindless morons tend to go to most games it and they could do stupid acts like last season at any given time.

I don't disagree that the mindless morons go to most games but I think after what happened with Crawley the policing would be slightly higher if the latics fans were in the RRE, just going off my opinion. Like with Wednesday v Palace, Palace sent wednesday down and stayed up themselves, there was trouble at that game, the next time they played Palace brough 375 ish on a tuesday night and the Palace end was packed with police because of what happened a couple of years prior. We don't have a vendetta against crawley, true but after last year I think in my opinion this was another reason to add on to cost cutting to shut the RRE

No, No I mentioned the coach thing because that is a reason I believe the Crawley match has seen the RRE shut, might be completely wrong but that was an act of pathetic, mindless behaviour from a bunch of kids! and I don't think we want the same to happen again so I guess fear of that happening may be an added incentive to close it. Only a suggestion

I'd be astounded if the coach incident - that I, and I imagine most people had forgotten until you mentioned it - has anything to do with it.

Completely agree with the last statement that we need to get behind the team on Saturday no matter what!

However, if you think we home fans don't need to be in three sides of the ground then that is just handing home advantage to the opposition. Having a three sided ground is bad enough but a 2 sided home presence is just plain daft!

'We won't come if we constantly have to move'

We move for big away followings, and not for cost cutting exercises. What's the bloody point of having a season ticket and picking your seat.

Best atmosphere is in the Chaddy....you must be joking! I've sat in the RRE and Chaddy and there's no comparison.

By the way I usually sit in Main Stand upper and don't have a season ticket in the RRE.

The best atmosphere at home this season was the Peterborough game, due to the comeback no doubt but the Chaddy really roared us on and to be honest there were more in the Chaddy against Rotherham last Tuesday than in our RRE part. When I said the Chaddy is the best for atmosphere I was again using tradition and what it used to be like (not old enough to know from first hand but videos suggest that) and I agree which is why I don't think the RRE should be an option for season ticket but you should be able to use your season ticket in there when open should you choose to. Constantly moving was why I decided to change where I sat if i'm being honest but I knew that at the start of the season, what does it matter if it is shut for one more game? Just as a trial. I get why people are not pleased by to throw your dummy out and say they won't be going which is what some have done is ridiculous in my opinion

I don't disagree that the mindless morons go to most games but I think after what happened with Crawley the policing would be slightly higher if the latics fans were in the RRE, just going off my opinion. Like with Wednesday v Palace, Palace sent wednesday down and stayed up themselves, there was trouble at that game, the next time they played Palace brough 375 ish on a tuesday night and the Palace end was packed with police because of what happened a couple of years prior. We don't have a vendetta against crawley, true but after last year I think in my opinion this was another reason to add on to cost cutting to shut the RRE

By the way It wasn't aimed at you, you raised the points, I would find it hard to believe that anyone at the club believes that, as a reason for moving us.

I'd be astounded if the coach incident - that I, and I imagine most people had forgotten until you mentioned it - has anything to do with it.

There was a bit of bother at their place too earlier in the season outside the ground. A group of Crawley fans (presumably who travelled back with no windows on the coach last season) attacked a group of Oldham outside the away end, thus needing an ambulance for an Oldham fan who cut his head, maybe has something to do with it

Nice post - strangely these 2 points summarise why I choose a season ticket in the RRE. I have a choice between the Chaddy and RRE to get the kids season ticket offer to take my boys. I choose the RRE because there is a chance we move for the best games and then when we do we get to swap for a ticket at the side. Given the choice at the same price I wouldn't sit in either, I can't go on Saturday but I would view the move as a bonus.

If there is some consideration about the coach incident from last year, and I wouldn't be surprised, then the club should be open about that

Nice post - strangely these 2 points summarise why I choose a season ticket in the RRE. I have a choice between the Chaddy and RRE to get the kids season ticket offer to take my boys. I choose the RRE because there is a chance we move for the best games and then when we do we get to swap for a ticket at the side. Given the choice at the same price I wouldn't sit in either, I can't go on Saturday but I would view the move as a bonus.

If there is some consideration about the coach incident from last year, and I wouldn't be surprised, then the club should be open about that

Cat meet pigeons.