Trust Relaunch

Or look out for the lady in the waterproofs and big hat worn to fight of hypothermia. Have to say I thought you were a deep sea trawlerman yesterday with all that gear on. Thanks for the flyer I will fill in the mandate and hand it in to the bank on Wednesday.

Hehe, it was nice of you to say hi yesterday....I could try wearing a bikini but I have feeling fans would be in therapy for a verrrryyy long it me and I don't know if counselling session are on offer very o4u fund and raise site.

Thanks for filling in the mandate too...any feedback re the playershare plus feedback flyer would be appreciated too

Edited by underdog

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't the Trust try such initiatives to attract new members ?

I'm sorry BP I don't know.

I do know they did try and have representative on match days in the chaddy end and this season I think they arranged an evening with.......which was a meal with lanzoni, think last year they did meet the manger supper event in shaw and another one was planned but it had to be cancelled.

Maybe it's a case they need a bit more help in raising their profile, I am going to attend the event on the 14th April to find out more myself and see if I want to/ have the time to help out.

I agree with above posts that Playershare should keep doing what it's doing and steer clear of anything other than a working relationship with the Trust.

Does anybody know, roughly or accurately, how many members the Trust has as an answer has not yet been provided? I'd be surprised if it was more than regular contributors to Playershare.

Before anyone thinks about splitting from the Trust, remember that it owns 3% of the shares.

Good stuff though, my general

Impression of Barry is that he doesn't respect the people on OWTB and thinks we are a minority bunch of keyboard warriors. I don't think though we should be bound by the rules of the Trust. If enough support can be gathered for change, it would be a farce for anyone to block this. Though it's worth at least trying to change from within.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I understand the Swansea City Supporters Trust has a board member and the information on their website is very good, another example of best practice to learn from ?

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/Trust-Board.aspx

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/apr/10/swansea-city-supporters-trust

The club agreed in 2010 to make every fan who buys a season ticket automatically a member of the trust, so now it has 15,500 members. All have a vote in elections of directors to the trust board, held every two years. Its elected members then nominate one representative to serve as a director of the club.

Another good Supporters Trust website;

http://llocally.com/thedonstrust/

Edited by BP1960

Impression of Barry is that he doesn't respect the people on OWTB and thinks we are a minority bunch of keyboard warriors.

Agreed, and its extremely flawed thinking in this day and age...

Should be noted the high number of non-registred visitors reading every night as well...

Edited by oafc0000

Who is the Trust Secretary?

Take your pick from the who's who on the top menu, otherwise I imagine it's the person who writes the minutes.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/

I was wondering who the treasurer was after the finance director departed ?

It is just me just gets a dating advertising picture on the Trust website ?... no thanks ladies I have enough on my plate at home :grin:

Edited by BP1960

:unsure: Adverts depend on your own search and browsing history. Make of that what you will...

Lol..I think they are just attracted to my photo on facebook (or Alan Groves on this). :)

What shows up when you go on the Trust website ? :unsure:

Edited by BP1960

Well, in the spirit of looking forward, I am going to change my tune on Playershare. I've knocked back requests to sign up from people I respect on account of my discomfort with giving money to the Trust, but I can see it's a different thing. Half of the unused gym membership I've paid for the last 4 years is in there from now

Thanks lees lover...don't forget to pm Chris (c.hill) and get the recent newsletter he's has produced.

Feedback would be appreciated too as it's his first attempt and I don't think he's done too bad a job.

Any questions you or anyone has re playershare please contact myself, c.chill or lags on here

Take your pick from the who's who on the top menu, otherwise I imagine it's the person who writes the minutes.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/

I was wondering who the treasurer was after the finance director departed ?

It is just me just gets a dating advertising picture on the Trust website ?... no thanks ladies I have enough on my plate at home :grin:

Cheers BP - too right :)

I was looking on my phone and I'm struggling, will check it out at work.

Anyway according to the FSF Model, the Secretary is the person who should ensure that the board is getting things done. So perhaps if Barry could tell us who this person is?????

We all know that Barry works hard, but is he working smart? The FSF Model states the importance of delegation and the roles of sub-committees in minimising the chairs/boards workloads? Does the Trust have such?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

We all know that Barry works hard

Do we ? In all fairness i haven't a clue ? and how do you know ?

He could be coming home covered in sweat from a hard days work... or spending his days smoking cuban cigars... There is no visibility and what is going on at the club outside of press releases / reports...

What needs to be said though is the fans representative position on the board was never meant to be a full time directors role. It was meant to be a fan attending board meetings, keeping an eye on what was going on and speaking up for the support base. If its been made into a full time job this is another failing to be frank.

In all fairness I have nothing to doubt he is working hard... I just keep reading stuff like the above and thinking we haven't really got a club to make such statements. Its like a big black box. I am no more wise now than I was 11 years ago to what he does day to day.

Edited by oafc0000

Do we ? In all fairness i haven't a clue ? and how do you know ?

He could be coming home covered in sweat from a hard days work... or spending his days smoking cuban cigars... There is no visibility and what is going on at the club outside of press releases / reports...

What needs to be said though is the fans representative position on the board was never meant to be a full time directors role. It was meant to be a fan attending board meetings, keeping an eye on what was going on and speaking up for the support base. If its been made into a full time job this is another failing to be frank.

In all fairness I have nothing to doubt he is working hard... I just keep reading stuff like the above and thinking we haven't really got a club to make such statements. Its like a big black box. I am no more wise now than I was 11 years ago to what he does day to day.

Take that part with a pinch of salt and concentrate on the rest. I'm pretty much in agreement with you here.

According to Supporters Direct (not FSF), any member can propose a change to the constiution. I can't check ours because it's not online.

Having looked at Brentford's Supporters Trust, it show's who's who including roles. It also shows the conflict of interest policy which states:

'What to do if you face a conflict of interest

If you have an employment or any other contract with Brentford Football Club you should not be involved in any decision of the Society board that directly affects your contract with the club. You should declare your interest at the earliest opportunity and withdraw from any subsequent discussion. The same applies if you face a conflict for any other reason.'

http://www.beesunited.org.uk/about-bees-united/conflict-of-interest-policy

Assuming Trust Oldham do/should have a similar policy - then how can Barry not breach this?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I imagine if the posts of Secretary and Treasurer are not already in situ (and there is no indication to me who they are) then there will be nominations at the AGM.

It also seems to me most members would be in the dark as to their qualifications.

Whether anyone wants the responsibilities enough to apply is another matter, it could well they aren't filled - if so what happens next?

According to Supporters Direct (not FSF), any member can propose a change to the constiution. I can't check ours because it's not online.

Having looked at Brentford's Supporters Trust, it show's who's who including roles. It also shows the conflict of interest policy which states:

'What to do if you face a conflict of interest

If you have an employment or any other contract with Brentford Football Club you should not be involved in any decision of the Society board that directly affects your contract with the club. You should declare your interest at the earliest opportunity and withdraw from any subsequent discussion. The same applies if you face a conflict for any other reason.'

http://www.beesunited.org.uk/about-bees-united/conflict-of-interest-policy

Assuming Trust Oldham do/should have a similar policy - then how can Barry not breach this?

I don't understand how someone can be a Club Director AND Chairman of the independent trust which was designed to hold the clubs owners / directors to account (at least that is my understanding). Surely there couldn't be a bigger conflict of interest.

It also begs the question if Barry is doing a full time directors role for the club (this has been suggested) then is he being paid for it as well? Does he claim expenses ? A big no - no in my eyes.

I would suggest if Barry is so important to the club he should concentrate on his role as a Club Director and leave the Trust to rebuild and appoint someone to do everything that should being done, further to my points in this thread.

Edited by oafc0000

I imagine if the posts of Secretary and Treasurer are not already in situ (and there is no indication to me who they are) then there will be nominations at the AGM.

It also seems to me most members would be in the dark as to their qualifications.

Whether anyone wants the responsibilities enough to apply is another matter, it could well they aren't filled - if so what happens next?

This post, which was in the ‘Trust Oldham Information – Elections to the Board’ thread, may have been overlooked in all the keyboard activity, and may help a bit:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/44817-trust-oldham-information-elections-to-the-board/

wardlelatic, on 26 Feb 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

.......At the AGM we will be asking for persons to either nominate or propose themselves to the Trust.

After a review, we now have controlling measures where all accounts will now be over viewed by an account and a qualified auditor.

After the AGM we will have a new Trust Secretary

But we need help in any of the following areas. The person can be local or an exiled supporter.

Media

Editor for newsletter

Membership secretary

Webmaster ~(to take ownership of the trust site)

Events Co-ordinator.

Writers, (We hope to ensure the new site will have a new story every week in each match programme and a newsletter quarterly

We would also like a fund raising / events person to help raise money for fans facilities around the new stand and ground.

I don't understand how someone can be a Club Director AND Chairman of the independent trust which was designed to hold the clubs owners / directors to account (at least that is my understanding). Surely there couldn't be a bigger conflict of interest.

It also begs the question if Barry is doing a full time directors role for the club (this has been suggested) then is he being paid for it as well? Does he claim expenses ? A big no - no in my eyes.

I would suggest if Barry is so important to the club he should concentrate on his role as a Club Director and leave the Trust to rebuild and appoint someone to do everything that should being done, further to my points in this thread.

Indeed, I think this should be the central issue. With no reference made to how Barry does his jobs, he shouldn't be Trust Director and Club Director because of the inherant conflict of interest.

Edited by jimsleftfoot