Trust Relaunch

Yup it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.. In the end that is what would have to happen if change didn't come from the top and the bottom wanted it enough.... That or a rival organisation...

Maybe you can contact the Reading Supporters Trust and ask them why theirs is thriving?

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame my parents.....they named me the "male" version of Tracy as in spencer Tracy and dick Tracy.....they have a lot to answer for.

I usually retort by saying its Tracy without an "e" no extras and no additives as I'm sweet enough.......

Then again I was suppose to be a boy as technology on sexing a baby was a bit basic in the 70's.

I've been called a lot worse too over the years...but that's another thread...heheh

oafc000. I will add rudeness to you many abstract qualities. And you wonder why I am not encourage to visit the site more often.

Barry

Brilliant work.

Essentially you are saying that you don't like criticism. You use the excuse of "rudeness" but your very first contribution to a POSITIVE thread started by OAFC0000, which had remained entirely POSITIVE, was to refer to people as being "ignorant", suggest they need to be "careful what they wish for" - which equates to saying they are not fit to decide; and then cry out for volunteers.

Said volunteers will clearly have to tread a "very tight rope" with you, given the way you react to the slightest criticism.

It's a shame you don't respond with the same level of energy to requests for information.

I think you have however opened people's eyes to the job in hand.

pk. I do not use rudeness as a means to not answering people's concerns. However I am not obliged to give answers to people who are offensive and sometimes sometimes abusive.

Barry

I have to admit that this is actually true - you don't respond to people regardless of whether they have been rude or not. Even the most straightforward and polite request for factual information is ignored.

If you'd like to call me out on this, please do so.

I have to admit that this is actually true - you don't respond to people regardless of whether they have been rude or not. Even the most straightforward and polite request for factual information is ignored.

If you'd like to call me out on this, please do so.

Nope - you'll be ignored. You're just being 'rude'.

Edited by maddog

I was thinking about this... When I was a Labour Party member there was a base level membership fee but then you could set your membership contributions higher if you wished.

Was Gordon Brown like Barry?

"It's my job and I want it and no one else can have it!"

;)

Edited by blueatheart

oafc000. I will add rudeness to you many abstract qualities. And you wonder why I am not encourage to visit the site more often.

Barry

Well you won't be encouraged because you really :censored:ed last nights visit up. Perhaps you need to turn the computer off before opening the bottle.

What's the Trust for again?

The 3% is key.

Regardless of views and opinions of Barry and last nights display on one side, people need to join the Trust and submit nominations to the secretary.

This is from the Trust Oldham section.

The Board Membership Policy states that any member who wishes to be considered for election to the board may submit nominations in writing to the secretary prior to the AGM, and members who wish to propose other members to become directors may do the same.

The chairman has the discretion to permit the nomination of members for election to the board actually at the AGM itself and without prior notice, which indeed has occurred in the past.

So, what is there to stop fans turning up at 6.30 (I think that was the time) joining the Trust there and then and submitting a nomination for them. This qualifies them for the AGM itself and allows them to join the board. A friend or two as proposers might be useful.

I blame my parents.....they named me the "male" version of Tracy as in spencer Tracy and dick Tracy.....they have a lot to answer for.

I usually retort by saying its Tracy without an "e" no extras and no additives as I'm sweet enough.......

Then again I was suppose to be a boy as technology on sexing a baby was a bit basic in the 70's.

I've been called a lot worse too over the years...but that's another thread...heheh

OK So its you who is the 'Tracy' I was just trying to wind up BO after his incomprehensible statements referred to in a recent Court case, didn't realise I might be right!

Didnt he promise you 'free' entry into the Trust meeting in April, good luck with that!

The 3% is key.

Regardless of views and opinions of Barry and last nights display on one side, people need to join the Trust and submit nominations to the secretary.

This is from the Trust Oldham section.

So, what is there to stop fans turning up at 6.30 (I think that was the time) joining the Trust there and then and submitting a nomination for them. This qualifies them for the AGM itself and allows them to join the board. A friend or two as proposers might be useful.

I think that the most important word within that is 'discretion.'

Guest Scratch2000uk

The Trust is what it says on the "can". It is not a "supporters Association".

It's chairman is most certainly not what it says on the can.

Do you really need a smiley face at the end of every sentence to make the point that you're so superior? It comes across in your post anyway.

The smiles are nothing more than me not letting the world get me down. The rest is solely your imagination.

I take it you are one of Barry's foot soldiers? Bless

Out of the whole thread the one thing you choose to comment on is my use of smiles ? Bizarre...

Edited by oafc0000

OK So its you who is the 'Tracy' I was just trying to wind up BO after his incomprehensible statements referred to in a recent Court case, didn't realise I might be right!

Didnt he promise you 'free' entry into the Trust meeting in April, good luck with that!

I deny all knowledge and will have an alibi..once I buy one via O4u fund and raise scheme...

I am crb checked you know....heheh

I deny all knowledge and will have an alibi..once I buy one via O4u fund and raise scheme...

I am crb checked you know....heheh

Then again maybe it could be another Tracey on here that BO is referring to re kept in the dark....maybe I have the wrong of the proverbial stick, won't be the first time I've got it wrong.

Oh well, I'll be there at 6.30pm, I am hoping for a trust overview and maybe some constructive thoughts on improvements and maybe some fresh blood on how we can make the trust work or work better?

I can hope

Then again maybe it could be another Tracey on here that BO is referring to re kept in the dark....maybe I have the wrong of the proverbial stick, won't be the first time I've got it wrong.

Oh well, I'll be there at 6.30pm, I am hoping for a trust overview and maybe some constructive thoughts on improvements and maybe some fresh blood on how we can make the trust work or work better?

I can hope

I wish you all the best with that :)

The smiles are nothing more than me not letting the world get me down. The rest is solely your imagination.

No, the smileys are just a symbol of your insufferable levels of smugness. Now I don't really follow the trust's goings on at all, my entire involvement with oafc is to turn up at Boundary Park and a few other grounds across the country, feel mildly miffed for 30 mins or so when we don't win and repeat a few weeks later - so I might not be best placed to comment. What I do think is people are getting lost in their personal dislike, possibly even envy (not directed at anyone specifically) of Barry.

As someone who has very little knowledge of this and has only met Barry on a few brief occasions I don't know the ins and outs of his vice like grip on the Trust leadership. I have some small understanding of the trust in that it doesn't have the most democratic of processes in selecting the board member and I agree entirely things need reforming but talking to our current representative like he's a child and adding multiple smileys to your posts I find pretty patronising and condescending and won't actually help get the points heard or seriously discussed. You want Barry to at all times act with professionalism (and I agree he should with trust and club matters) whilst in my opinion being fairly provocative in how you post in a rather childlike manner. People don't like being talked down to, in fact it's one of the problems people often seem to have with Barry.

To me it seems there are a number of people with personal axes to grind with Barry. Fine, he seems open to being approached (maybe he isn't when it actually comes down to it). But I find these threads are more and more a chance for anonymous posters and maybe more well known contributors as well to stick the knife in on someone they may never have met and maybe know very little about apart from what others have told them.

You raise some very good points that are no doubt worthy of discussion but I think following that initial post and the way the mob have joined in has turned what should be a serious discussion we need to have into a juvenile mud slinging contest on either side.

But yeah, it's my imagination. :)

I think it is in your interpretation. Equally I find the "bless" comment from oafc0000 grating too.

And as for the thread descending - have a look at when that happened.

I find a bit odd that when I see Barry on TV/in interviews, he seems to be careful with his words and takes time to ensure that he gets the right message across. But starting a response to dissatisifed fans with "born of ignorance" ; "not as easy as it looks" and "be careful what you wish for" all suggest a superior attitude.

Anyone who uses "ignorance" in a sentence when addressing a stakeholder needs to brush up on their communication skills.

Barry, I think you need to take a step back and look again this morning at the content of this thread posted by people other than yourself.

This thread is far from the first on the subject but once again details a number of concerns supporters have and are not being addressed. They explain why people do not want to join the Trust. You cannot expect people to just 'get involved' when it is wholly unclear to most if not everyone what it is they're getting involved in.

When the Trust was set up, its place on the board was to allow a fans' representative. Many no longer see you as the fans' representative because the Trust has become so shrouded in secrecy and disengaged from the majority supporter base that its leader is not a representative of what is probably the vast majority fans. It has been asked on this thread what the current membership level is and it would be helpful if you could provide this information.

Without wanting to patronise, I think it would be sensible to set aside your pride and look at the issues in here. Whilst some or many may not be your biggest fans, I don't think it's too contentious an assumption that a strong and vibrant Trust would be a good thing in the short and long term for Oldham Athletic and its supporters.

Edited by jsslatic

The most important thing for me after getting a structure that is fit for purpose is to have clarity as to the Trust's objectives. I simply won't give my money to an organization which gives out contradictory statements about what it will be used for. I could support rainy day money, or all to Playershare, or community work, or a mix, but i need to know. These are the sort of things candidates for office should be running on.

I think it is in your interpretation. Equally I find the "bless" comment from oafc0000 grating too.

And as for the thread descending - have a look at when that happened.

I find a bit odd that when I see Barry on TV/in interviews, he seems to be careful with his words and takes time to ensure that he gets the right message across. But starting a response to dissatisifed fans with "born of ignorance" ; "not as easy as it looks" and "be careful what you wish for" all suggest a superior attitude.

Anyone who uses "ignorance" in a sentence when addressing a stakeholder needs to brush up on their communication skills.

My disgust with his outpouring was based precisely on the facts within this final sentence but when I told him so he seemed not to understand, requested clarification and mentioned some 'previous' with him! He is either not the sharpest knife in the drawer or completely blunt! But then again he is well used and completely free