How we needed that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the "I think we will stay up" thread I predicted us to get 8 points, which included a win yesterday - so, why has my attitude improved?

I didnt expect that level of performance. One where there was a genuine case for MOTM To be one of 6 players. I expected us to scrap through yesterday. We were much better than that. We had to at times, but we played some very good stuff in the first half especially

Exactly the same form as us over the last six games!

W1 D2 L3 GD -4

Coventry's run in is not straightforward either. Next two games are Stevenage and Crewe, if they don't pick up then they'll be in serious trouble with MKD, Posh, Swindon, Wolves and Sheffield United to play (as well as us and Bradford).

A cracking 3 points that we just about deserved on the first half performance.

As an aside on Crawley, they actually reminded me a lot of us earlier on in the season. They moved the ball well and created the extra man in wide areas regularly - but completely failed to get in behind us at all and as such we were quite comfortable for long periods.

We have to finish games when we have the chances though - on another day we would have paid when they did finally create a couple of chances in the second half.

Same team and formation on Tuesday I would imagine....

A cracking 3 points that we just about deserved on the first half performance.

As an aside on Crawley, they actually reminded me a lot of us earlier on in the season. They moved the ball well and created the extra man in wide areas regularly - but completely failed to get in behind us at all and as such we were quite comfortable for long periods.

We have to finish games when we have the chances though - on another day we would have paid when they did finally create a couple of chances in the second half.

Same team and formation on Tuesday I would imagine....

I agree with that point about Crawley playing like we used to! I thought we invited too much pressure in the 2nd half and they could have had a penalty but their forward tried to stay on his feet. I cannot see JCH being asked to do the same job 3 times in a week. Dayton for Worrall too?

Yeah, good point about Worrall.

Would imagine that will be a decision out of LJ's hands and Dayton would keep the shape of the team as it was on Saturday.

I would start JCH and see how long he lasts as we desperately need the ability to hold the ball centrally to bring Harkins, DP and either DW or JD into the game.

I just hope he resists the temptation to move Philly wide right as he provides the ability to support JCH from an advanced midfield position. If he goes with a more defensive option such as Byrom in there I can see us struggling due to JCH being isolated.

I suspect we will need at least 1 goal on Tuesday to have any chance of a point - despite them stuttering of late.

Yeah, good point about Worrall.

Would imagine that will be a decision out of LJ's hands and Dayton would keep the shape of the team as it was on Saturday.

I would start JCH and see how long he lasts as we desperately need the ability to hold the ball centrally to bring Harkins, DP and either DW or JD into the game.

I just hope he resists the temptation to move Philly wide right as he provides the ability to support JCH from an advanced midfield position. If he goes with a more defensive option such as Byrom in there I can see us struggling due to JCH being isolated.

I suspect we will need at least 1 goal on Tuesday to have any chance of a point - despite them stuttering of late.

Unfortunately Byrom is injured, out for a month. I expect Dayton to start as Worrall struggles with his fitness, it would not surprise me either to see Smith rested due to his problems and Gataife brought in just in front of the back 4 at Orient.

Rachubka

Brown Lockwood Wilson Grounds

Gataife

Wesolowski

Philliskirk

Dayton Harkins

Clarke - Harris

Edited by BP1960

Unfortunately Byrom is injured, out for a month. I expect Dayton to start as Worrall struggles with his fitness, it would not surprise me either to see Smith rested due to his problems and Gataife brought in just in front of the back 4 at Orient.

Rachubka

Gataife

Wesolowski

Philliskirk

Dayton Harkins

Clarke - Harris

Agree that Smith may be rested on Tuesday - Gataife must get a start soon and may be perfect for Tuesday.

Rachubka

Gataife

Wesolowski

Philliskirk

Dayton Harkins

Clarke - Harris

I'd be happy with that team. Gaifiati may be a centre back but he is young and supposedly talented so playing just in front of the back four could be an ideal start for him.

JCH will probably be knackered by about 70 mins but he can make the most impact out of any of our strikers so has to start. I've not been that impressed by Dayton so far but if he played better than Worrall on Saturday then it's probably best that we throw him in.