Atmosphere in chaddy end.

Right,before I start i`m 63 years old and been a season ticket holder in the Chaddy for donkeys years. Can I just say the young lads in the chaddy who were chanting virtually from start to finish were brilliant today and I`m sure that this relays back to the lads. Keep it up lads , we need you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat in my usual seat in the RRE, the Chaddy was the loudest I have heard it for some time. It must have helped that we dominated or led for the whole game (+beer?), but nevertheless, it was a great effort when we needed it. If similar numbers make the return trip next Saturday, it will be rocking in the Rocky. Well done to all concerned.

they were not all young. my I am 39 and there were a few others 20's 30's mixed in.

the test will be next week to see how many of the chaddy move to the rocky rd end.

and if anyone else says the drum doesnt help they are wrong. the drum beat kept thr LJ song at the correct tempo and that why it lasted so long.

I know we won....

But it's great to see a bit of rational positivity and less of the tribal standism.

I hope this continues for the next home game and the RRE trial.

Clearly, being together and singing does improve the atmosphere and has helped most had more fun watching the game.

So If it's as good in the RRE, but the manager and players hear it more and go for that, I hope the decision is respected.

Likewise, if they opt to stay put.

It's all for the greater good.

I'm sure the support DID help us over the line yesterday, which shows this debate and initiative was right and worth having, and was worth giving a go.

Fair play to the club.

I sit in the RRE usually but relocated and genuinely enjoyed going to BP yesterday. That is quite something.

More of it please.

Somebody should make one of those big banners that stretches in front of the singing section (and get a fire hazard certificate while you're at it). Bolton fans had a cracking one yesterday at Yeovil - https://mobile.twitter.com/theawayfans/status/447379749628022784. Gives you an identity and just adds to it all like the flags do.

Edited by NewBlue

Me and a lad called Ryan are in the process of getting flags and banners made we are trying to create an "ultras" this is purely a non violent singing section! We have a facebook page so please feel free to like it https://www.facebook.com/OA95ultras where updates will be posted of where we are going to be standing each game, we would also like people to bring any flags and scarfs they have to the matches :).

I don't care too much what stand we're in, as long as I can enjoy the game like I did yesterday. In the recent past I've sat in the same seats in silence like the rest and focused solely on the game. I think yesterday was a big eye opener to what's been missing from home games and I for one will happily move to the Rochdale Road End if that's where the singers prefer to be. It's not the stands that make an atmosphere it's the people who go in them

Me and a lad called Ryan are in the process of getting flags and banners made we are trying to create an "ultras" this is purely a non violent singing section! We have a facebook page so please feel free to like it https://www.facebook.com/OA95ultras where updates will be posted of where we are going to be standing each game, we would also like people to bring any flags and scarfs they have to the matches :).

Your Facebook banner picture is exactly the sort of banner I'm on about above.

Lots will object (again) to the Ultras tag but if you trial it and it all goes well then it should be fine. Perhaps you should try to get a meeting with the club to discuss the allowance of persistent standing if it is contained, like the Chaddy yesterday; you wouldn't be able to make that atmsophere sat down, that's for sure.

The atmosphere did sound much better and far more positive.

The Chaddy never stopped and even the main stand got more involved which was good.

It shows that you don't necessaraly have to stand up and jump around but with everyone clapping to LJ blue and white army it can make a diffetence

I don't care too much what stand we're in, as long as I can enjoy the game like I did yesterday. In the recent past I've sat in the same seats in silence like the rest and focused solely on the game. I think yesterday was a big eye opener to what's been missing from home games and I for one will happily move to the Rochdale Road End if that's where the singers prefer to be. It's not the stands that make an atmosphere it's the people who go in them

Tom that was my view aswell upto a few weeks ago. enough is enough. time to turn up and make noise. hell if you sing loud enough the main stand gets rockin. totally worth it.

I noticed out of the 70 diehard Crawley fans half stood up throughout the game so even though it could of been policed common sense prevailed maybe somebodys had a word with some of our over zelous stewards, it certainly helped us, normally in the rre the block next to the away fans houses the singers, generally at the back, would suggest if fans want to get involved to congregate in that block or the one behind the goal, the further back you are the closer to the singers you will be, roll on next week.

He's one of our own, he's one of our own James Tarkowski - he's one of our own.

Edited by yarddog73

The singers did a brilliant job yesterday and the drummer got into the groove even more than he did against PNE, about which the Chron reported:

One aspect of the Preston game which pleased Johnson was the fans’ response to a request for a better atmosphere inside the ground.

He said: “They were brilliant and I thank them for that. I enjoyed the drum and they were going to sing win, lose or draw and that was fantastic.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84960/boss-ponders-fresh-impact

Good luck to the gang of singers with their 'Ultras' plans - if at first you don't succeed, don't give up.

Thought for the day: When one is singing it's more difficult to detect which other parts of the ground aren’t singing.

Crystal palace have shown how to really get behind the team. Their support this season has been top notch and they look like they have a ball every game.

It's really good to read a positive thread with everyone pulling in the same direction. I'm sure the availability of beer in the CRE helped too and this should be followed up if possible.

The first half of the MK Dons game was one of the worst times I've had a BP. Yesterday was definitely one of the better.

It's that sort of atmosphere that will get more fans through the turnstiles.

The first half against Peterborough was dire and many booed off the players - some even left BP. The second half produced the dream performance and result which keeps us coming through the turnstiles, and it also produced an unforgettable atmosphere.

yesterdays game was as close to an away day as weve had at home for a long time, beer, drum and all round positive attitude at the game was pleasing to see, looking over to the paddock and main stand watching them joining in was great dont know if it made a difference but it was great being involved.