Advice for Saturday

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was taking my 5 year old to Latics ,I would't even think of taking her in the Chaddy, or the Rochdale road end. Main stand has toilet facilities, drinks, sweets, decent atmosphere when the team are doing it on the pitch, and the clincher for me, no bad language.

One would hope that the Club have a little foresight and try to guide families into the right hand section as you enter!

I get sick of little :censored:s sitting near me and kicking the back of my seat until I tell them to F Off!

The MSU is the most "popular" (and I'm using that term very loosely indeed) part of the ground. It's always first to sell out. Therefore, because the club HAS to be run as a business, the seats in there are at a premium. Just like any other business.

You can get your kids in the Chaddy or RRE for £10 a season.

I think given our resources, that's a pretty decent do.

One would hope that the Club have a little foresight and try to guide families into the right hand section as you enter!

I get sick of little :censored:s sitting near me and kicking

the back of my seat until I tell them to F Off!

Perhaps when the new stand is open, the club could look into establishing a designated family area (not neccessarily in the new stand) so that 'little :censored:s' and miserable bastards can be kept segregated? Same goes for a singing section.

Well when I brought my. 5 year old to his first game this season I wanted to take him in the upper main stand , so went to get tickets. . I asked the lovely lady with the great attitude how much for my lad who's 5 she charged me a tenner . Which is an absolute disgrace IMO . £10 for a child that's basically more interested in looking at the crowd and eating his hot dog, needless to say I've not took him again since as not able to afford. My boy goes school in bury and almost every week comes home with free tickets for a child and adult for bury games . What are our club doing to promote to the next generation. No wonder we lose the future fans to city and utd

I suspect that £10 for a child in upper main stand is quite deliberate and not the worst idea in the world.

Still seems excessive. Do they not offer any kind of concession for under 12's?

MAIN STAND UPPER

Adult £20 Junior£10 Senior Citizen £10

MAIN STAND LOWER

Adult £19 Junior £9 Senior Citizen £9

RRE

Adult £20 Junior £10 Under 12 £5* Senior Citizen £10

CHADDY END

Adult £20 Junior £10 Under 12 £5* Senior Citizen £10

* When accompanied by an adult or senior citizen.

I went to school in Bury, and could get free tickets to Bury games if I wanted. Around the same time Oldham were giving free tickets to those who went to school in Oldham, we had 4 stands back in those days. It might say more about the respective quality of the schools if anything.

The propensity for the club to market itself almost solely at the people of Oldham is something I've had an issue with for sometime. Now I know that there are regulations about marketing in the only the particular council area for he club but if Bury, Oldham and Rochdale got their acts together you can see a reciprocal arrangement taking place, a bit like that Greater Manchester football thing last season, or was it the season before.

Having to pay £10 to take your 5-year old to watch League 1 football just because you want to sit in the MSU, and as 100miles pointed out there are reasons for doing so, is silly to me. It's the same price for adults in each stand, why isn't it the same price for (young) kids? It's false economy, charging £10 once is worse than charging £5 thrice or £3 four times.

I went to school in Bury, and could get free tickets to Bury games if I wanted. Around the same time Oldham were giving free tickets to those who went to school in Oldham, we had 4 stands back in those days. It might say more about the respective quality of the schools if anything.

The propensity for the club to market itself almost solely at the people of Oldham is something I've had an issue with for sometime. Now I know that there are regulations about marketing in the only the particular council area for he club but if Bury, Oldham and Rochdale got their acts together you can see a reciprocal arrangement taking place, a bit like that Greater Manchester football thing last season, or was it the season before.

Having to pay £10 to take your 5-year old to watch League 1 football just because you want to sit in the MSU, and as 100miles pointed out there are reasons for doing so, is silly to me. It's the same price for adults in each stand, why isn't it the same price for (young) kids? It's false economy, charging £10 once is worse than charging £5 thrice or £3 four times.

They did carry an advertisment in the Tameside Advertiser for a while.

Thing is, if she likes it on saturday i'll probably get her a ST next season which will mean i can get to more games. So the club gains from me paying entry at £20 a time plus hopefully from acquiring a supporter for the future. My little girl goes to school in Rochdale and there are always complimentary tickets available.

Anyhow, it looks like RRE top right for us tomorrow. Let's hope for a good performance and 3 points.

fair point but it would have been nice to make me aware I could pay £5 in the RRE , and perhaps I would have brought him to a few more games

I suspect that £10 for a child in upper main stand is quite deliberate and not the worst idea in the world.

Yes wouldnt have been hard to tell you that, our ticket office can be a bit lame.

Because (to generalise) young kids run around and kick seats and be generally annoying to the old Grandad types who sit in MSU

It's quite hard to run around if there is little free space to do so.

Incidentally, when I was on crutches and going in the Chaddy end because it was the most accessible from the car park, there were kids running around the disabled section to their hearts content. Didn't half annoy me.

It's quite hard to run around if there is little free space to do so.

Incidentally, when I was on crutches and going in the Chaddy end because it was the most accessible from the car park, there were kids running around the disabled section to their hearts content. Didn't half annoy me.

I took my 3 year old in the MSU for the Hudds friendly and he ended up throwing a chunky plastic tiger onto some poor sod's head in the MSP. Luckily he wasn't bothered and threw it back up (in a nice way!).

so what age are you meant to start paying? I've never paid for my 3 year old and wouldn't expect to either.

I figure that when he's old enough to walk from my mum's house (opposite the playing fields) to the ground without needing to be carried, then I'll pay.