Next Season's League One

If we presume Wolves & Brentford earn promotion and say Preston are successful in the play offs (as Grayson is good at getting teams out of this league).

If we manage to stay in the division and see Stevenage, Notts County, Shrewsbury & Carlisle replaced by Chesterfield, Scunthorpe & Rochdale and A.N. Other.

If we say the teams coming down from the Championship are Millwall, Yeovil & Barnsley (no real big hitters here)

Do we think next year's League One could be the weakest for some time, yet also with just as much away day potential?

What I'm really hoping for (other than the obvious) is York to earn promotion. They've won 7 out of the last 8, with 6 (I think) clean sheets in succession and find themselves in the play offs as we speak. Would absolutely love that away day!

What I'm really hoping for (other than the obvious) is York to earn promotion. They've won 7 out of the last 8, with 6 (I think) clean sheets in succession and find themselves in the play offs as we speak. Would absolutely love that away day!

It's not that long since Latics played at York, and it was a crackin' day out.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/york-city-v-oldham-athletic-258828.aspx

• 1 month later...

Just had a quick mileage check on all the confirmed/potential teams for next season's League One, and it makes pretty good reading, certainly for those that tend to drive to away games.

*I'm not sure if anyone has done this before by the way, so dont shout me down if I'm repeating anyone.....*

Less than 100 miles from BP

Barnsley

Bradford City

Chesterfield

Crewe Alexandra

Doncaster Rovers

Notts County

Port Vale

Rochdale

Scunthorpe United

Sheffield United

Walsall

So that's already 11/24 confirmed teams within 100 miles.

There will be a minimum of 12 next season anyway, as both Preston & Rotherham can't get promoted. Best case scenario would be Peterborough United going up (again), leaving the much loved Leyton Orient down here, as well as making it 13/24 teams within 100 miles as Preston & Rotherham would be here for another year.

Then looking at the League 2 play offs, from a selfish point of view I would love York to do it, but either Fleetwood or Burton would be decent too. Anyone but Southend basically.

Best case scenario would see 14/24 teams in next year's League One all within 100 miles. Some decent away following from both oursleves, as well as extra money in the coffers when they visit us, surely?

Just had a quick mileage check on all the confirmed/potential teams for next season's League One, and it makes pretty good reading, certainly for those that tend to drive to away games.

*I'm not sure if anyone has done this before by the way, so dont shout me down if I'm repeating anyone.....*

Less than 100 miles from BP

Barnsley

Bradford City

Chesterfield

Crewe Alexandra

Doncaster Rovers

Notts County

Port Vale

Rochdale

Scunthorpe United

Sheffield United

Walsall

So that's already 11/24 confirmed teams within 100 miles.

There will be a minimum of 12 next season anyway, as both Preston & Rotherham can't get promoted. Best case scenario would be Peterborough United going up (again), leaving the much loved Leyton Orient down here, as well as making it 13/24 teams within 100 miles as Preston & Rotherham would be here for another year.

Then looking at the League 2 play offs, from a selfish point of view I would love York to do it, but either Fleetwood or Burton would be decent too. Anyone but Southend basically.

Best case scenario would see 14/24 teams in next year's League One all within 100 miles. Some decent away following from both oursleves, as well as extra money in the coffers when they visit us, surely?

Back to the future for me, almost a regional north league like pre 1958.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-three-north