Lancashire 2014

Lancs- 1st 325 (104.3) Horton 66 2nd 48-3 (17) Croft 23*

Yorks - 1st 243 (71) Smith 5-49 (13)

Match Drawn - no play day 4 due to the :censored: Yorkshire weather.

Yorks 9

Lancs 11

Edited by Oafc1895

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Jos likely gone for the summer then...

I think Davis is a better w/keeper anyway,Buttler is far better all round though,the question is who do you drop for the game against the sheep on friday???? I reckon Clark will go but Kabir Ali scares me more than saj mahmood,and will Fred be match fit?????

I think Davis is a better w/keeper anyway,Buttler is far better all round though,the question is who do you drop for the game against the sheep on friday???? I reckon Clark will go but Kabir Ali scares me more than saj mahmood,and will Fred be match fit?????

I expect Agathangelou will make way, Clark can be devastating on his day.

Until the last couple of games I'd say Fred in for Kabir but Kabir has returned some decent figures last week. He does give some Saj moments but he can also be very difficult to play. In fact if Fred can still get his yorkers in then he can do the death bowling with the imperious Junaid and Kabir pick up the overs that have otherwise gone to Clark/the other part timers.

Kabir for me I place of Fred. His figures from Friday were sugar coated with the two wickets on the boundary of no 10 & 11 batsman after the game had gone. Plus IIRC he hasn't got into double figures when batting but he's suppost to be an all-rounder.

On the Davies vs Buttler - Davies is a decent keeper who just wants to be a batsman whereas Buttler is an average keeper who wants to be a keeper. IMO I'd play both of them give them 10 overs each behind.

My team would be: Smith, Davies, Brown, Croft, Horton, Flintoff, Buttler, Clark, Lilley, Parry, Junaid.

As close to perfect defence of a total as you'll see. Brilliant fielding and bowling tonight (bar the aberration of Croft's overthrows!).

Junaid's bowling was absolutely stunning. As good as I can remember seeing.

I can see Fred struggling to get in the tram. At the back end of his career he was more of a bowler than an all rounder. With the way we have been bowling it would be very tough to drop anyone to put him in.

Junaid's bowling was absolutely stunning. As good as I can remember seeing.

I can see Fred struggling to get in the tram. At the back end of his career he was more of a bowler than an all rounder. With the way we have been bowling it would be very tough to drop anyone to put him in.

That tram platform can be very busy after the game and will be packed after the Yorkies so I can see lots of people struggling to get on the tram.

My wife has just surprised me with tickets for Friday!

I knew there was a reason I married her.

Good choice

156/7 requiring another 115 still to avoid the follow on.

If only the solution was obvious. Oh wait...

Rain dance needed.

Watkinson said yesterday the decision on whether Fred will play tomorrow will be made on the basis of his performance for the Seconds today.

4-0-39-2

16 (16)

That would suggest he's not yet ready. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Clark scored runs today so if you assume Buttler for Davies it's really whether Fred is a better shout than Aga/Kabir...

Watkinson said yesterday the decision on whether Fred will play tomorrow will be made on the basis of his performance for the Seconds today.

4-0-39-2

16 (16)

That would suggest he's not yet ready. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Clark scored runs today so if you assume Buttler for Davies it's really whether Fred is a better shout than Aga/Kabir...

Tbh imo i'd play both Butter and Davies bringing Buttler in for Aga do. To me Kabir bowling at the death is a liability and will eventually cost us a game. The yorkies will provide the biggest test that we will face this season (until we get to the QF) so we need our strongest/most inform team and to me Kabir isn't in that. If you don't want to play Fred you play someone from the 2ndXI who has been inform.

Tbh imo i'd play both Butter and Davies bringing Buttler in for Aga do. To me Kabir bowling at the death is a liability and will eventually cost us a game. The yorkies will provide the biggest test that we will face this season (until we get to the QF) so we need our strongest/most inform team and to me Kabir isn't in that. If you don't want to play Fred you play someone from the 2ndXI who has been inform.

I'm not sure I'd trust Clark to bowl the death overs which only leaves, pace wise, Smith to bowl with Junaid if you're playing Buttler and Davies. As fine form as Smith has been in this season (comparatively) I wouldn't back him to be bowling the big overs given last week he wasn't even picked to bowl at all.

I share your concerns over Kabir to an extent, but as nervous as he makes me he has done OK at the death thus far.

I don't think Davies has done enough with the bat in the T20 to justify being picked as not a wicketkeeper, and I think Buttler is capable enough behind the stumps that we're better off with an extra batsman or bowler rather than just having him in the field.

Edited by jsslatic