Lancashire 2014

I'm not sure I'd trust Clark to bowl the death overs which only leaves, pace wise, Smith to bowl with Junaid if you're playing Buttler and Davies. As fine form as Smith has been in this season (comparatively) I wouldn't back him to be bowling the big overs given last week he wasn't even picked to bowl at all.

I share your concerns over Kabir to an extent, but as nervous as he makes me he has done OK at the death thus far.

I don't think Davies has done enough with the bat in the T20 to justify being picked as not a wicketkeeper, and I think Buttler is capable enough behind the stumps that we're better off with an extra batsman or bowler rather than just having him in the field.

I wouldn't bowl Clark in the death but I don't know who I would bowl.

With Davies at the top of the order it gives someone that will whack it so we don't have to wait until Croft comes in with Buttler.

On the Smith note - I heard through the grapevine in the pavilion that Smith isn't allowed to bowl in T20 along with Chapell and Hogg not allowed to play because the County Championship is the main priority.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't bowl Clark in the death but I don't know who I would bowl.

With Davies at the top of the order it gives someone that will whack it so we don't have to wait until Croft comes in with Buttler.

On the Smith note - I heard through the grapevine in the pavilion that Smith isn't allowed to bowl in T20 along with Chapell and Hogg not allowed to play because the County Championship is the main priority.

As the County Championship is the most important trophy in sport, I can't object to the strategy

Cracking match tonight full house great atmosphere loads of runs and a runs deduction cost us the match, but hey-ho

I've been sceptical about 20 20 and its effect on test cricket but I thoroughly enjoyed last night. Packed house, good game and overall very enjoyable. Very American with the gimmicks like the music, Lanky chucking t-shirts into the crowd, the flames..etc.. but everyone had a good time even though we lost. If this is the price to pay for cricket to survive then sign me up.

But for godsake, stop that nonsense with putting lids on the beer, it took me the break and 7 overs to get served due to the chimp behind the bar insisting on using the :censored:ing lids on the pint pots. I was ready to kill by the time I got back to me seat.

If this is the price to pay for cricket to survive then sign me up.

But for godsake, stop that nonsense with putting lids on the beer, it took me the break and 7 overs to get served due to the chimp behind the bar insisting on using the :censored:ing lids on the pint pots. I was ready to kill by the time I got back to me seat.

I love Test cricket but 20/20 gets people interested initially and it was a good experience last night.

There was plenty of singing to the tunes last night (sweet Caroline etc) espec near to the Hotel corner. I presume by chimp you mean idiot! Useless werent they!

I love Test cricket but 20/20 gets people interested initially and it was a good experience last night.

There was plenty of singing to the tunes last night (sweet Caroline etc) espec near to the Hotel corner. I presume by chimp you mean idiot! Useless werent they!

I was singing along to Sweet Caroline too! Amongst others, well it was Friday evening, I'd had three Wainwrights that I got as soon as we got the ground and by the second innings most people were well oiled. Some of the bars were better than others. The one that annoyed me was in C stand, they insisted on putting :censored:y plastic lids on the beers but they were quite tight fitting, as most people were buying 4 beers this resulted in massive delays.

I was singing along to Sweet Caroline too! Amongst others, well it was Friday evening, I'd had three Wainwrights that I got as soon as we got the ground and by the second innings most people were well oiled. Some of the bars were better than others. The one that annoyed me was in C stand, they insisted on putting :censored:y plastic lids on the beers but they were quite tight fitting, as most people were buying 4 beers this resulted in massive delays.

I think that all the beer was sold with those crappy lids-i did my last 2 of the 4 beers myself- but at least you can drink it (eventually) whilst watching the game.

Wow! Imagine how good the Acoustics would be in the RRE if we could do this?

Had to stop myself from posting for this long because I was so pissed off after an argument with a steward and the penalty.

The 6 run penalty was a joke and ruined what would have been a great match. But it was partly down to Yorkshire's (mainly Finch's) good batting meaning we could only bowl 4 overs of spin rather than the usual 8 therefore we had to bowl the quicks more thus taking more time. Also it's was bad captaincy on Hortons part in not rushing the bowlers back to their mark and still taking an age between balls when we were up against it time wise from around the 12th. But the bad part is that is was partly down to Yorkshire's batsman having a committee meeting between every ball meaning when the bowler was ready to bowl they were having to wait 10-15 seconds whilst the batter was ready which adds up to around a minute an over.

But it was a good night and a cracking whack from both Smith and Finch.

Feeling a bit peeed off after trying to book advance tickets for Friday's T20. As it's within 7 days they want to charge an extra fiver each. I won't bother.

I did, however, book tickets for the games on 20th June and 18th July for the cheaper advance rates. One thing that has always been good about Lancs is the lack of charges for postage.

Now they charge £2 for "admin fee" and £5 for postage. The £2 irked me. The fiver didn't bother me as I can print etickets at home. Then I discovered they charge £1.50 for the privilege of using my own printer ink.

Underwhelmed. Might not bother again this year.

Feeling a bit peeed off after trying to book advance tickets for Friday's T20. As it's within 7 days they want to charge an extra fiver each. I won't bother.

I did, however, book tickets for the games on 20th June and 18th July for the cheaper advance rates. One thing that has always been good about Lancs is the lack of charges for postage.

Now they charge £2 for "admin fee" and £5 for postage. The £2 irked me. The fiver didn't bother me as I can print etickets at home. Then I discovered they charge £1.50 for the privilege of using my own printer ink.

Underwhelmed. Might not bother again this year.

I can't be sure, of course, but from an experience I got some insight to a while back... if Lancs have changed and started working with a ticket partner (or a new one) then it may not be entirely in their control... basically when they outsource the ticketing someone else gets to decide those things. It's BS - of course! - but may only be indirectly Lancs fault.

Now that's not to say they shouldn't put fans first and work with someone more moral, but if it's saving them £10k a year they probably don't care!

I can't be sure, of course, but from an experience I got some insight to a while back... if Lancs have changed and started working with a ticket partner (or a new one) then it may not be entirely in their control... basically when they outsource the ticketing someone else gets to decide those things. It's BS - of course! - but may only be indirectly Lancs fault.

Now that's not to say they shouldn't put fans first and work with someone more moral, but if it's saving them £10k a year they probably don't care!

It's an odd one because I know Latics / Ticketmaster charge extra for getting tickets online and I've seen gig tickets with a £6 charge to print them yourself which is on a different level.

Lancs also sold me a restricted view ticket for the a Ashes last year. "Pillar in front of the outfield but a clear view of the wicket". Bollocks, the pillar was 11 yards from both sets of stumps as far as my eyes were concerned!

Overlay the two half arsed performances from the England side at OT last year (I need effort from my sportsmen, even if the opposition is better) and a couple of bizarre bad light decisions and I'm struggling to feel the love for the game right now.

Paying extras for things that used to be part of the ticket price doesn't make me want to go.

96/3 at lunch. Another couple for Smith.

I haven't looked at any stats but there can't be many better all rounders on the county circuit than Tom Smith in current form. England could do worse (although Lancs would be buggered if we lost him!).

Another 5-for today for the England-bound all rounder :wink:

Didn't half shoot ourselves in the foot before close today (and the collapse yesterday). Lose tomorrow and it will be a mammoth effort to stay up.