Carlisle 0-1 Latics: Post match reaction

. Has Dayton got an issue with some Latics fans giving him aggro? Hence the cupping of the ears after he scored and also the scowl on his face???

From Alan Howarth's photo, it looks like he's doing jazz hands.

I'm gonna choose to believe that he was doing jazz hands.

That sounds very familiar.

I'm torn, Obviously pleased we've stayed up. We seem much more compact an resolute. An manky 1-0 away wins are always welcome.

However for very large parts of the season the football has been very poor to watch.

Genuine question. Is it impossible to compete playing the right way?

It seems consecutive managers come in wanting to play. Panic after 15 games. An for the rest of their tenture we're subjected to a don't lose mentality. Instead imposing ourselves an trying to win a game. I accept that it's their job on line, an it's a results business. However it's not massive changes- play your top scorer in his preferred position. Play two up at home.

Lots to forward to next year, but the style of play especially at home has got to change IMO.

These are exactly my thoughts.

I wasn't there yesterday and so can't comment on the game - but am mightily impressed by the resolute and solid way we have finished the season.

BUT..... I do think there is a ceiling on how far that style of football will take us, and the progression into next season will be very interesting. Particularly at home, we have to become more aggressive in our attacking play.

All credit to the staff though for managing to steady the ship at the business end of the season and get us to 54 points with 2 to play!

I'm torn, Obviously pleased we've stayed up. We seem much more compact an resolute. An manky 1-0 away wins are always welcome.

However for very large parts of the season the football has been very poor to watch.

It seems consecutive managers come in wanting to play. Panic after 15 games. An for the rest of their tenture we're subjected to a don't lose mentality. Instead imposing ourselves an trying to win a game. I accept that it's their job on line, an it's a results business. However it's not massive changes- play your top scorer in his preferred position. Play two up at home.

Lots to forward to next year, but the style of play especially at home has got to change IMO.

My way of looking at it is that we should start next season with a similar formation/strategy to how we've finished this season for the first 10 or so games, before becoming more expansive once we've established ourselves as hard to beat.

My way of looking at it is that we should start next season with a similar formation/strategy to how we've finished this season for the first 10 or so games, before becoming more expansive once we've established ourselves as hard to beat.

It's hard to watch at home.

The 4-1-4-1 works well away from home with counter attacking football and that's why we have grinded out these 1-0 wins recently. At home it's a different story most teams sit back and play for the point making it harder to counter attack. At home go two up front and play the expansive game

Lets not forget the true highlight of the game: the rather funny attempt by the Carlisle ball boy to catch a high ball, have it rebound off his outstretched arms full on into his face and then fall completely flat on his back. In front of us lot too!

One more win and LJ can secure our highest finish in this league for 5 seasons.

Two wins and probably our longest unbeaten run in 5 seasons too.

Hopefully some of the doubters will recognise this as progress in a season of transition (new manager and new players), rally behind him next season as next season we could well kick on and finish top-half or even play-offs. Keep the spine, pray they replicate the run-in, maintain a consistent first 11 and secure that elusive striker...who knows?!

Lets not forget the true highlight of the game: the rather funny attempt by the Carlisle ball boy to catch a high ball, have it rebound off his outstretched arms full on into his face and then fall completely flat on his back. In front of us lot too!

That was funny, he tried to play it down by not rubbing his face even though everyone could see it hit him flush in the face then when he sat down after about a minute he secretly started to check if his nose was bleeding!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

It was a poor game in terms of clear-cut chances, but I thought we dictated and controlled the entire match and our passing and movement was excellent. Another good win, but we need more if we want to threaten next year. If we can find a striker with pace, a little bit more creativity through the middle and a consistent winger we could challenge (and we would have won 6-0 yesterday).

Wesolowski was magnificent. Carlisle's high line had them knackered from the very first minute, which, again, would have been exploited even more with pace up front. They were woeful, I must say. Doomed.

All in all, thoroughly deserved and a cracking, alcohol-filled day.

Thumbs up to a few of the local Carlisle lads and lasses. Very helpful.

I don't think we have the forwards to compliment this defence. You need the likes of Montano and Sidney to attack with pace if the defence is going to sit tight. Unfortunately when we had them we had defenders who would bring the ball out themselves.

Daytons main issue is that he is on good money and has generally been poor, cupping your ears wont endear him to the doubters and shows him for the nob he is, wouldnt want grounds to go but seemed to me as a goodbye.

In what way is Dayton a nob Yarddog 73?

he's a :censored: footballer is that enough ?

Not really,no.

Being a nob and being a :censored: footballer are two different things.

He's got more assists in the team than any other player in this team this season and has it in his locker to score some great goals,so I have to disagree regarding him being a :censored: footballer.

I can't comment on whether or not he's a nob as I don't know the lad personally.