End of season pitch invasion

Saturday could be interesting with the annual end of Season pitch invasion. 3000 Notts county fans could be coming in the opposite direction celebrating unless the club get the stewarding/Policing right. Either that or we send them down and then I would imagine there will be a few of our muppetts running up the their end rubbing it in.

Whichever way it is its probably not the best combination.

I cant find the links but after last years Crawley pitch invasion Barry Owen put a statement on the website and on here and there was a lot of finger pointing. He and the club were pretty upset after last years if i remember rightly. Im not against our end of year pitch invasion, personally i dont normally see the harm. Saurday's a little different though. If the club were so upset with the invasion last year, this year it has the potential to be worse.

Hopefully the club get it right Saturday with a few more measures in place to stop this.

I was thinking this, it's a recipe for disaster.

Will mainly be kids running on the pitch and if they run towards 3000 pissed up county fans I imagine they won't take it to lightly and will soon run back towards the stand if any county fans went on the pitch as well.

Huddersfield fans did the same last week. All run on the pitch goading Leicester until Leicester fans run on the pitch also, most of the Hudds fans then run away, a few punched were thrown though.

Luckily Leicester were celebrating winning the title, it would be a lot worse if you have just relegated them.

From watching Latics over the years at many grounds always found Notts County to be one of the friendlier bunch of fans.

Sadly a lot of the younger kids won't realize that saying the only way round is is a lines of stewards something am not a fan off.

Saturday could be interesting with the annual end of Season pitch invasion. 3000 Notts county fans could be coming in the opposite direction celebrating unless the club get the stewarding/Policing right. Either that or we send them down and then I would imagine there will be a few of our muppetts running up the their end rubbing it in.

Whichever way it is its probably not the best combination.

I cant find the links but after last years Crawley pitch invasion Barry Owen put a statement on the website and on here and there was a lot of finger pointing. He and the club were pretty upset after last years if i remember rightly. Im not against our end of year pitch invasion, personally i dont normally see the harm. Saurday's a little different though. If the club were so upset with the invasion last year, this year it has the potential to be worse.

Hopefully the club get it right Saturday with a few more measures in place to stop this.

:censored: em, were Oldham.

There was a bit of bad feeling when we played them 10 years ago. After a season which both clubs had nearly gone to the wall, their directors went over to applaud our support, only for some of our faithful to give them abuse and goad them for going down. There was probably a drunken misunderstanding but some of their fans haven't forgot about it.

I think the issue the club had last season was that the pitch invasion took place during the match, if an invasion happened at the end of the match then they don't get fined (although the club never said what happened after the Crawley game with regards to that issue)