Retained list announced (4 stay, 5 out)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if Brown goes then go for Mears not being retained from Bolton lives in Chadderton. He might be to expensive wage wise.

If he's been released and is now unemployed his wages are zero at the moment. Beggars can't be choosers and that.

Exactly,

Winchester playing 30+ games at RM or CM rather than the chopping and changing between Worrall, Schmeltz, Dayton, Byrom, Dunfield, Kissock, Petrasso & Rusnak would surely have been better. Short and long term.

Not to mention saving us the cost of a decent striker.

you have a massive love in for winchester... but in all honesty, i agree with everything you say about the lad, he needs games and he needs games in a settled position! throw him in at RM and watch him improve

i think the same for Mellor also.. if he got a run of ten games in CM he'd take his opportunity, BUT he won't get this chance which is a massive shame - can anyone say in the last 6 or 7 games last season there was a better player on the pitch then mellor? (k.smith and m.smith were on par)

you have a massive love in for winchester... but in all honesty, i agree with everything you say about the lad, he needs games and he needs games in a settled position! throw him in at RM and watch him improve

Right back please, could be twice the player if he had the chances/games Brown had.

Don't disagree, but the chances have been there for them to nail down a place and they haven't been able to.

It takes nerve for a manager to do what a lot of them say they'll do and use the squad they have. We might be better for it.

I've said before I'd be happy with Winchester in any of the wide positions, I don't think any of them would worry him. He scored our best ever goal from RB, and taught Ricky Holden how to cross from the left

Yet apart from that one game he's never tried on the left.