Burton v Fleetwood

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look at that earlier with them coming up in mind, and you could well be right.

I think it's possible to get a tram from North Pier in Blackpool to Fleetwood, and one of the stops listed on Blackpool Transport website (think it was Stanley Road) is only a short walk from the ground according to Google Maps.

However, on the current timetable listed on the same site for the Fleetwood line, it doesn't mention stopping at Stanley Road, although it goes to Fleetwood Ferry, which is apparently about 20 odd mins walk. Also, it doesn't mention this route on the usually bang on Football Ground Guide, but it does mention a few buses that go from Blackpool.

I'm sure Diego will have is right by the time the fixture rolls around!

Edited by cheshire_latic

I had a look at that earlier with them coming up in mind, and you coil be right. I think it's possible to get a tram from North Pier in Blackpool to Fleetwood, and one of the stops listed on Blackpool Transport website (think it was Stanley Road) is only a short walk from the ground according to Google Maps.

However, on the current timetable listed on the same site for the Fleetwood line, it doesn't mention stopping at Stanley Road, although it goes to Fleetwood Ferry, which is apparently about 20 odd mins walk. Also, it doesn't mention this route on the usually bang on Football Ground Guide, but it does mention a few buses that go from Blackpool.

The ground is near the fire station before reaching Fleetwood.

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/club/visit-us/

http://www.upthecounty.co.uk/fleetwood_town.htm

Edited by BP1960

I had a look at that earlier with them coming up in mind, and you could well be right.

I think it's possible to get a tram from North Pier in Blackpool to Fleetwood, and one of the stops listed on Blackpool Transport website (think it was Stanley Road) is only a short walk from the ground according to Google Maps.

Timetables don't normally list every stop, that is no exception. Stanley Road is at most a 10 minute walk from their ground, probably more like 5.

Football ground guide is usually very good for an idea, but can often lack the correct detail, I think this is probably the case in this instance

Timetables don't normally list every stop, that is no exception. Stanley Road is at most a 10 minute walk from their ground, probably more like 5.

Football ground guide is usually very good for an idea, but can often lack the correct detail, I think this is probably the case in this instance

Excellent, just hope it's on a weekend and not a dark Winter night.

Really looking forward to knocking that ground off the list. League has some cracking away days next year. Shame the Lashers didn't fall through the trap door too, but at least PNE stayed down, and personally, I'm firmly in the 'Orient is a feckin amazing day out' camp too, so chuffed with play off results.

With no massive clubs with oodles of money and resources, other than the Blades, League 1 will be wide open and at least half the clubs will have realistic chance of a promotion bid. Hopefully that includes us!

Relegation it is then

I drive there quite a bit for work. Get the feeling it might be a bit of a ball-ache to get to by public transport.

Went by Tram last time we played them it's easy And ground is a short walk from the station few pubs on the way.

The tram itself operates more like a bus only stops when buzzed and people getting off or on.

Edited by oafctom

I remember, last game of the season, freezing to death at Notts County away in fancy dress as a beach party. Must have been a couple of decades back at least. Recompense for that would be Fleetwood away last game of next season, promotion beach party in the sunshine.

Wet weather alternative of a fishing trip (Uncle Bryn). I wonder if Lofthouses have a factory shop, I love sucking on a Fisherman's Friend.