Grounds signs for Brum

Have we ever tried Connor Brown at Left Back?

I'm sure we have. I seem to remembe,"adequate cover." I'm sure Winchester could play there as well

We've definitely played Connor Brown at LB, and more than once, against Shrewsbury in late November 2012, Grounds played LM, and scored, with Brown LB and Wabara RB due to suspensions/injury, but we played Brown LB later in the season too.

Winchester could definitely play there, for me, let's not forget that his cross for Wabara to score against Liverpool was with his left foot, and he was sort of playing as LM at the time, for a player like Winchester to play LB is not going to be that difficult. In many ways I'd like to see Winchester play LB, rather than sit him on the bench or in the stands.

FWIW, however, if we start the season with our LB choice being Brown/Winchester/Mellor then Johnson has made a serious error. We need a genuine LB, especially as depending on transfers we may want to start all of them elsewhere. For example, in my mind, Brown is our first choice Right Back at the moment because he has done nothing worth warranting dropping him since possibly as long ago as January.

Can we stop talking about Winchester v Liverpool as if he invoked the spirit of Rick Holden :lol:

He swung his weaker leg at it and spawned a looping ball to the back post. No more, no less.

Admittedly I'd be delighted if he did it every week.

Can we stop talking about Winchester v Liverpool as if he invoked the spirit of Rick Holden :lol:

He swung his weaker leg at it and spawned a looping ball to the back post. No more, no less.

Andy Townsend said he'd mis-hit it.

He was talking :censored:e as well.

Downboat for Zorrro for agreeing with Andy Townsend.

Just like he accidentally crossed it to nobody from a non-crossing angle with his right and it went in the net.

PS Townsend bums Zorrro. Says so on the walls in the Chaddy End bogs

Have we ever tried Connor Brown at Left Back?

[/quote

Let him learn right back first don't confuse the lad. The other players do that to him enough by giving him the ball

Winchester can use his left foot well yet has never been tried at left back, remember the corker he scored with his left (can't remember who against).

Edited by BP1960

FWIW, however, if we start the season with our LB choice being Brown/Winchester/Mellor then Johnson has made a serious error. We need a genuine LB, especially as depending on transfers we may want to start all of them elsewhere. For example, in my mind, Brown is our first choice Right Back at the moment because he has done nothing worth warranting dropping him since possibly as long ago as January.

Bang on.