Jonathan Forte - what's gone wrong with football and/or Latics?

We've signed a player and hardly anybody has even commented on the fact he scored two goals on his debut whilst tracking back and playing pretty well all afternoon......

I can't wait to show my kids the goals and explain all about him tomorrow morning.

I really do despair

Edited by HarryBosch

We've signed a player and hardly anybody has even commented on the fact he scored two goals on his debut whilst tracking back and playing pretty well all afternoon......

I can't wait to show my kids the goals and explain all about him tomorrow morning.

I'll shield them from the fact that many (most?) of our fellow fans are a set of oddball :censored: who've completely lost what supporting a football team and it's players is all about.

I really do despair

Have I missed something?

It sounded as though Forte had pulled his tripe out in the first half, but don't forget that he didn't play a first team game last season. He's probably only firing on three cylinders, so he'll have to be eased in gradually and not get burned out. That's my feeling anyway, given that most have said he faded in the second half.

Forte today did what a lot of wingers don't do: he made the most of his pace. The 1st goal was a great example, after he got the ball out of his feet he knew he'd have more pace than his opponent so he wasted no time and just ran at their defence which paid dividends. It's refreshing to see.

agree with your initial point, but it tends to be the case when not many go to the away game so plenty can't comment on the things he did well, his work rate and potential to be a great signing!

information on his performance is appreciated though, go for it

agree with your initial point, but it tends to be the case when not many go to the away game so plenty can't comment on the things he did well, his work rate and potential to be a great signing!

information on his performance is appreciated though, go for it

He scored two goals

I only listened to the game via Player, but the commentators were very complimentary of him. Stating things such as "he could be a bigger fans favourite than Harkins" etc

I hope he does well for us this year. Looking forward to the home games next week.

Edited by RoytonLatics

I'll shield them from the fact that many (most?) of our fellow fans are a set of oddball :censored: who've completely lost what supporting a football team and it's players is all about.

I really do despair

Maybe most of our 4000 fans are still on the way back from the game. Or perhaps most of us didn't get a chance to go.

If you went, instead of moaning why not give us some info on the match instead of shooting your mouth off like an oddball :censored: ;)

i get it, interestingly when was the last time a striker of ours scored two inside a half?

Can we count Gary Harkins?

If not then Danny Philliskirk (on debut) against Shrewsbury last season in the JPT.

Edited by rudemedic

Maybe most of our 4000 fans are still on the way back from the game. Or perhaps most of us didn't get a chance to go.

If you went, instead of moaning why not give us some info on the match instead of shooting your mouth off like an oddball :censored: ;)

Forte was very good first half, not just scoring the goals but getting back to help out in defence. Great turn in the middle of the park at one point where he motored away. He's gonna be good to watch and it appears we aren't as lacking upfront as seems to be the consensus of opinion. He faded second half.

Kusunga wasn't very good. Went down too easily looking for a free kick to help them with their second.

James Wilson was excellent. So composed - keeps it, and makes it look, simple.

Brian was alright. I like Connor Brown but Wilson looks far more solid and will be dependable I reckon.

Mills was ok but not as impressive as he was in his first spell.

Rachubka solid. A great save at one point.

Jones & Kelly I couldn't quite weigh up. Neither did much wrong but nothing great either. Kelly's long range passing was good, he's bigger than I expected too.

Winchester played well but seemed to be concentrating on getting stuck in, which he's not very good at, rather than creating, which he is good at.

Clarke Harris had a bad day but he did have a few decent moments. He won headers and it was hard to tell whether it was his knockdowns that were poor or his team mates weren't doing enough to get on the end of them.

Elokobi shored up the defence to preserve the point in th short time he was on.

Philliskirk didn't do much.

Gros looked lively, good movement on and off the ball. I'll be interested to see more of him. A bit of a Paul Warne type so he'll be popular.

Edited by HarryBosch

:petesake: Jesus wept - OWTB topic hits new all time low - it's stuff like this that makes me despair.

It just saddens me more of us aren't buzzing about a player being so good on his debut with more to undoubtedly come.

But, as ever, opinions on how short we're going to be upfront were formed well before the event and must not be deviated from.

I don't disagree with you that Forte put in a good performance yesterday (until he tired) - but surely your point should have centred on this rather than dwelling on the fact that no-one had praised his debut?

A lot of us who went to Colchester had no opportunity to post until today as we were out until the wee hours celebrating Forte's two goals! :)