The first 20 minutes ?

I can tell you now, with 100% certainty, that there is not a single person on this forum who can give you a legitimate answer.

I will have a stab, its because the team is on the backfoot straightway due to the lack of early forward movement from full backs and midfielders..

I didnt go on saturday so I cant answer.

Last night however was due to boro.

They took the sting out of the game straight away, by keeping the ball. They were putting 10/15 passes minimum together and we couldnt get the ball. It meant that we dropped deep and due to to how comfortable they were on the ball - we struggled.

I saw an interview with a wigan player years ago. When they first went up they started with chelsea at home. The manager said "go for them early" From kick off chelsea passed back, along, across, forward, back again etc.. for over 35 passes. They came to nothing, but the wigan game plan had gone as they couldnt get the ball. Chelsea did that again next time they got it. All spark had gone from the game, chelsea imposed themselves and won easily.

Thats what boro did.

Im gunna give them a lot of credit

Edited by pukka

They took the sting out of the game straight away, by keeping the ball. They were putting 10/15 passes minimum together and we couldnt get the ball. It meant that we dropped deep and due to to how comfortable they were on the ball - we struggled.

But that happened too in the home friendlies, Melbourne and Huddersfield as I recollect, are we giving teams too much respect from the kick off?

I saw an interview with a wigan player years ago. When they first went up they started with chelsea at home. The manager said "go for them early" From kick off chelsea passed back, along, across, forward, back again etc.. for over 35 passes. They came to nothing, but the wigan game plan had gone as they couldnt get the ball. Chelsea did that again next time they got it. All spark had gone from the game, chelsea imposed themselves and won easily.

Thats what boro did.

Why don't we try this?

:stupid:

I'm shuddering at just the mere thought of how this would play with the 2 fully fledged members of the 'Gerrit Forward!!!' brigade who sit behind me.

I assume you must sit near me. "Shoot" is all we hear, Poor old JCH if facing the wrong way, 5 defenders on his case, oh and he lost the ball 5 seconds ago!!!

Thats what boro did.

They beat them 1-0 with a last minute goal from Crespo, and got given a serious fright by Wigan. Wouldn't have said it was an easy win...

I notice some clubs are now banning the use of mobile phones, tablets, and ipods in the pre match dressing room, perhaps in the hope the players will concentrate on the managers instructions.

Edited by BP1960

I notice some clubs are now banning the use of mobile phones, tablets, and ipods in the pre match dressing room, perhaps in the hope the players will concentrate on the managers instructions.

How are they going to play their music?

Seriously though they don't need banning for that purpose if a player wasn't listening to me because he was on his phone etc. He'd get to hear a lot more from me sitting next to me on the bench. Listening to someone else when speaking is a common courtesy, when it's your boss...