Connor Brown Loaned Out

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that he needs game time but if we lose a few players in January then there goes the brilliant squad depth we have all been banging on about, if he going on loan anyway it may as well be to murrays side

Paul Murray is Hartlepool United boss.

This could have more to do with the Mike Ashley network possibly.

I think Connor is too good for L2 but not quite L1 either.

there isn't much negativity around him is there anymore? just Palmer1 still thinks he's not good enough for league one..

he's proven time and time again he's capable of playing RB in league one, nothing spectacular but does his job - unluckily for him we have a strong defence!

In a similar vein to Dieng is Connor Brown the best 3rd choice right back we've ever had?

I think so.

I don't get the negativity towards him. He's always done pretty well for us when called upon and would be absolutely fine in League One if we didn't have Wilson or Kusunga.

Spot on, thought he has done well since being here, this season he's found it hard to break in to the squad but when he has he's not put a foot wrong

there isn't much negativity around him is there anymore? just Palmer1 still thinks he's not good enough for league one..

he's proven time and time again he's capable of playing RB in league one, nothing spectacular but does his job - unluckily for him we have a strong defence!

He might be good enough for a League 1 team battling against relegation but not good enough if the Team aims for the PlayOffs, time to move him on or at least give him some game time elsewhere to enable some chance of his improvement

No! My point exactly...

If you are happy with relegation battles every year then Connor Brown will make your team. Eventually you will go down. Mediocre players who are not up to it at a club that finally wants to progrees

Luckily the Oldham manager thinks like I do. I want more. Once again I got it right when I said the only place he will go from Oldham will be down a level.Someone called him a saleable assett not long a go. Lol!!!

Good luck to him I hope the earns himself a permenant move and does well for Carlisle. Dont wish bad on the lad but not good enough...

He's always been solid defensively, his forward play has come on a great deal (although it needed to). Some people were worried about getting him tied to a longer contract last year, it's a good state of affairs if we can afford to loan him out now.

This, it's a good deal for all parties, we get to keep him fit, so he can be in the squad when required, not forgetting that Kusunga could be away playing in the African Cup of Nations in Jan, as well as losing a percentage of his wage of our wage bill. Carlisle get a good right back for league 2, he has shown he is more than adequate for League 1. Connor gets games to put himself in the shop window if he wants and keeps his fitness up so isn't playing catch up if required, although he has shown he has a good baseline fitness level.

Let's not forget that Connor is also a reserve LB for us, so his versatility is quite handy to have in a squad player.

Really? Our league position for the vast majority of last season suggests otherwise

It improved when Lockwood stepped in. Brown was part of the defence. I would not describe him as as integral.

LJ tried to replace him twice before finally managing it this season. That's not integral its more interim...