Connor Brown Loaned Out

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar vein to Dieng is Connor Brown the best 3rd choice right back we've ever had?

I think so.

I don't get the negativity towards him. He's always done pretty well for us when called upon and would be absolutely fine in League One if we didn't have Wilson or Kusunga.

My mate was slating him on Saturday and I said exactly that. He's our third choice full back and he's better than some of our 1st choices of yesteryear...

but what you did say many posts ago, was "not good enough for league one" and infact HE IS more then capable of holding his own in league one!

He has been sent to league 2. He played in league 1 not very well as I'm sure I've mentioned a million times. See his last start vs Orient

I've said for 2 years he wasn't good enough for us or this league. Others didnt agree, that's up to them

Time will tell but.....Which way do you think he is heading after today's events. To league 1 stardom or league 2 mediocrity?

Wonder what the odds on Carlisle dropping him after 2 games are?

He's not good enough for League One. Yes, he's played in League One and in a side that didn't go down, but he contributed little. He's weak and awful in possession. Always out of position either due to poor awareness or being too silly to chase players into midfield - very much like Kasunga. Non-existent going forward.

Not concerned in the slightest and Saturday should be his last performance in an Oldham Athletic shirt. I want more than what Brown can currently offer. He's young enough to improve but he'll need an attitude on par with the best professionals in the game. I doubt he possesses such a thing.

He's not good enough for League One. Yes, he's played in League One and in a side that didn't go down, but he contributed little. He's weak and awful in possession. Always out of position either due to poor awareness or being too silly to chase players into midfield - very much like Kasunga. Non-existent going forward.

Not concerned in the slightest and Saturday should be his last performance in an Oldham Athletic shirt. I want more than what Brown can currently offer. He's young enough to improve but he'll need an attitude on par with the best professionals in the game. I doubt he possesses such a thing.

Amen!

His main weakness is not his defensive ability its inability to be a part of a team that like to pass it about, being kind he is limited he offers zero going forward he cant even cross a ball on the run, he cant beat a man, he is an average player he wasnt offered a pay rise he was offered an extension on the same terms as his old deal its all the club had to offer as they would be due compensation if he moved, he was retained as a squad player nothing more, he is probably moving to a club where he may find his level if we have any hope of moving forward it wont be with a team of Connor Browns.

Edited by athleticosOA95

Me? Find it...

no no, palmer! one minute he's saying he's not good enough... the next minute he is good enough but only for a relegation battle, then only a minute later... he's not good enough again!

let's be consistent ey palmer? even Connor was consistent.

no no, palmer! one minute he's saying he's not good enough... the next minute he is good enough but only for a relegation battle, then only a minute later... he's not good enough again!

let's be consistent ey palmer? even Connor was consistent.

What bollox are you talking?

You are taking words out of context to suit your argument.

I have stated for over 2 years that IMO Connor Brown is not good enough, not up to standard, prone to mistakes and basically :censored:. I pretty sure 90% of this board can back that up. I'm sure they will also agree that I said there was improvements last season.

In this thread I have said that if you want to be in relegation battles then players of Connor Browns standard will take you there. He has for the last 2 years, not on his own but he helped. Not good enough.

Is he good enough for league 1? Well he has played in league 1, been consistantly dropped and had 3 players brought into the club to replace him. All better I think most would agree.

No I don't think he is good enough and I honestly don't imagine we will receive gloiwing reports from Brunton Park. He may do a Mark Tierney and turn it all around and go from strength to strength. I hope he does but.......will he :censored:!

Brown was terrible at the start of last season. Then he had an epiphany in the second half of the Peterborough game and learnt he could run forward with the ball. This made him better, however he was still the weakest link in the defence last season. This season we have wilson and kusunga both ahead of him at rb, mellor could probably fill in there, he simply isnt needed. As others have said, for a third choice rb he's brilliant. Also it removes a wage, striker in?

Edited by doctor evil

Brown was terrible at the start of last season. Then he had an epiphany in the second half of the Peterborough game and learnt he could run forward with the ball. This made him better, however he was still the weakest link in the defence last season. This season we have wilson and kusunga both ahead of him at rb, mellor could probably fill in there, he simply isnt needed. As others have said, for a third choice rb he's brilliant. Also it removes a wage, striker in?

A wage has already beeen added with the goalkeeper. Edited by BP1960

I think he's been the most unlucky player in the squad this term. He isn't the best going forward but I've always rated him defensively and at the end of last season he looked to be making very good progress.

Maybe he is only at his best in a team that doesn't play an expansive style and B. Wilson has certainly earned his place, but at the same time Brown hasn't had the chance to kick on from impressive form in the 1st team.

I reckon Carlisle will be a good short term fit for him and I'm not sure we'll see him many more times in a Latics shirt, but he has the ability to be a solid League One player for many years to come. If LJ has higher ambitions than that for us then fantastic!

What bollox are you talking?

You are taking words out of context to suit your argument.

I have stated for over 2 years that IMO Connor Brown is not good enough, not up to standard, prone to mistakes and basically :censored:. I pretty sure 90% of this board can back that up. I'm sure they will also agree that I said there was improvements last season.

In this thread I have said that if you want to be in relegation battles then players of Connor Browns standard will take you there. He has for the last 2 years, not on his own but he helped. Not good enough.

Is he good enough for league 1? Well he has played in league 1, been consistantly dropped and had 3 players brought into the club to replace him. All better I think most would agree.

No I don't think he is good enough and I honestly don't imagine we will receive gloiwing reports from Brunton Park. He may do a Mark Tierney and turn it all around and go from strength to strength. I hope he does but.......will he :censored:!

Is Brown your boo boy?

I only ask because when you don't rate players it's based on intellect. When others don't rate a player, it's same old oldham fans.

Not really, Its based on watching him for 2 years not a few games. Which you cannot deny is typical of this board. A player can be judged, slated and given up on within weeks.

I judge after a good period of time not a few games. That's not intellect is common sense.

Like some did with Lockwood, then Kelly and now its started with Poleon.

Edited by palmer1

Not really, Its based on watching him for 2 years not a few games. Which you cannot deny is typical of this board. A player can be judged, slated and given up on within weeks.

I judge after a good period of time not a few games. That's not intellect is common sense.

I get exactly where you're coming from with Connor Brown. Equally, I'd be happy to have him back in the squad once Kusunga heads off to the ACN.

Like some did with Lockwood, then Kelly and now its started with Poleon.

And the first two did enough to prove their doubters wrong. Poleon has the same opportunity.