Mob Rule

In saying that staff and/or family members had been threatened, Corney lied to the fans. Nothing new in that, but that's not the end of the story. He also lied to people, including sponsors, who had supported him throughout. The man has to go.

At this specific moment in time, do we have an alternative.....is there someone waiting in the wings?

Edited by mikejh45

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is no evidence of threats to fans, sponsors, staff or board members or no evidence of complaints to the GMP from any of these four stakeholders then questions need to be asked to whoever stated this from the club.

Also I agree that questions need to be asked regarding -

Who called off the signing - club, Evans or mutual?

Was this really a decision due to threats or purely that key sponsors were threatening to pull out if signed i.e. Sports Direct and council (funding stadium)?

If it's purely the sponsors and not the threats then that's lying in my books - inflaming the situation further - and even more questions over the board's handling of this and their motives.

So they've chosen not to report anything at present.

That doesn't mean it's made up. Again, after all the sensitivity of the recent issue involving a convicted rapist, do you really think threats, including rape, would be trivialised by being made up?

Wouldn't be the first folk to receive threats and not report, fearing consequences...

But more likely, if it was one of our fans, a club official(s) launching criminal proceedings against a fan of their own club would be pretty bad press wouldn't it - particularly after such a glorious week for Latics PR.....!

One concern I had was the reaction of fans inside the ground, there would no doubt be vile chanting at every ground he played (including Boundary Park). Ok there are ground rules to ban offenders, but enforcement would be highly unlikely in large crowds.

The "full of tits, fanny and Oldham" chant may be deemed inappropriate at present.

Again, after all the sensitivity of the recent issue involving a convicted rapist, do you really think threats, including rape, would be trivialised by being made up?

I'd hope not.

If they are real. Get the police on it. Get those arrested for it as it is absolutely disgraceful.

If they are false: Get those responsible for lying arrested for wasting police time. (The police are tweeting about it so time is being wasted)

Edited by pukka

If there is no evidence of threats to fans, sponsors, staff or board members or no evidence of complaints to the GMP from any of these four stakeholders then questions need to be asked to whoever stated this from the club

maybe it wasnt the board perhaps it was the papers......and you can almost see how the 5 year old comment might hav ebeen twisted to suit the agenda.i wonder if the comment was "what if it was your daughter that was raped?" you dont have to mention the age if the person who its being directed at knows their own daughter.....and hey presto.you've got 1 heated comment from a protester mentioning the rape of anothers 5 year old that can be used to present an angle......sky news:-if it isnt happening make it up