Mob Rule

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless its done in a threatening and abusive manner of course as per this case.

The board were happy for the victim to be subjected to mob rule and have to change identity/move 5 times. But when it is on their doorstep?

There are no winners or losers. No one has won, everyone has lost since the night Evans et al thought "Let's go out in Rhyl."

The board were happy for the victim to be subjected to mob rule and have to change identity/move 5 times. But when it is on their doorstep?

There are no winners or losers. No one has won, everyone has lost since the night Evans et al thought "Let's go out in Rhyl."

Absolutely.

Throughout this whole sorry saga there have been some atrocious comments and actions on both sides. Sadly there are a lot of people out there who do not know how to behave in a reasonable way.

The fact that there have been threats made to members of the Board and staff at the club cannot come as a surprise. We will probably never know whether they have come from Latics fans but if they have, those people should hang their heads in shame. This was a very emotive topic but there is never a need to stoop to that level. I hope they can be traced and dealt with appropriately.

At the same time there has been a lot very intelligent debate that has taken place between people with polarised views. That can only be commended. In my view, this reasoned debate has outweighed the more sinister actions of a few.

I am delighted that the club have, we are told, made the decision that I believe to be the correct one but I would like to think that the reasoned debate, and not just the threats have led to that decision being made.

The terrible handling of the situation has clearly stoked the storm that has built in the press. The directors need to answer for that.

The board were happy for the victim to be subjected to mob rule and have to change identity/move 5 times.

That's unfair Tony, you are better than that. The club have a direct responsibility to protect their staff and are in a position to be able to do so.

Edited by danoafc

The board were happy for the victim to be subjected to mob rule and have to change identity/move 5 times.

That's unfair Tony, you are better than that.

Maybe a tad harsh, but that is part of the baggage of this deal. She has been subjected to mob rule, if mob rule is being invoked as a reason why the deal isn't going ahead then we are into "Good" mob rule and "Bad" mob rule territory when the "mob" holds a view that differs from your own.

Nobody should be subjected to any of the abuse that people have been subjected to on both sides.

Everyone should be accountable for their actions.

Maybe a tad harsh, but that is part of the baggage of this deal. She has been subjected to mob rule, if mob rule is being invoked as a reason why the deal isn't going ahead then we are into "Good" mob rule and "Bad" mob rule territory when the "mob" holds a view that differs from your own.

Nobody should be subjected to any of the abuse that people have been subjected to on both sides.

Everyone should be accountable for their actions.

I've edited my initial point to make it more clear what I meant. I take your point however.

I've edited my initial point to make it more clear what I meant. I take your point however.

No worries, the club do have a responsibility to their employees, community and fans which is why they are more than just a business and shouldn't just make decisions on business grounds.

olollolooolllooolll.

No worries, the club do have a responsibility to their employees, community and fans which is why they are more than just a business and shouldn't just make decisions on business grounds.

olollolooolllooolll.

It what happens when you give zero :censored:s and just push on... morons they are...

Didn't want him here but according to Sky Sports News the staff and the board at the club have been receiving death threats as well as their families. If that's the case then I really wish we did sign him now (but then again I'm a stubborn prick)

i have the same feelings as this as i too am a stubborn prick, (although its obviously easy for us to say when it isn't our families being threatened)

This country is a mess.

Jamie Bulgers killers... millions spent on giving them new lives, new jobs and protecting them - no doubt just one example of hundreds. The liberal elite protecting them. That same liberal elite want Ched Evans to rot for some reason and make an example of him. People seem to want to have it both ways.

I have a feeling that this story isn't over by a very long way. But our involvement is.

This is a relief for many including me... but the nature of it sickens me.

Policy, rules and actions based on mob mentality is a very slippery slope.

This country is a mess.

Jamie Bulgers killers... millions spent on giving them new lives, new jobs and protecting them - no doubt just one example of hundreds. The liberal elite protecting them. That same liberal elite want Ched Evans to rot for some reason and make an example of him. People seem to want to have it both ways

It must be said you are talking about crimes committed by very young children vs the crimes committed by a fully grown man.

It must be said you are talking about crimes committed by very young children vs the crimes committed by a fully grown man.

It must also be said that one of them has been in and out of prison since, as an adult, yet still managed to retain his anonymity.