Mob Rule

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be said you are talking about crimes committed by very young children vs the crimes committed by a fully grown man.

There will be countless other examples of this where we could talking about adults. lets not kid ourselves. For some reason, probably becuase he represents a working class sport, Ched Evans is public enemy number 1 and not entitled to get on with his life. Rapists would stay in prison for life if I had my way, But thats not our system so why is this happening.

This country is a mess.

Jamie Bulgers killers... millions spent on giving them new lives, new jobs and protecting them - no doubt just one example of hundreds. The liberal elite protecting them. That same liberal elite want Ched Evans to rot for some reason and make an example of him. People seem to want to have it both ways.

I have a feeling that this story isn't over by a very long way. But our involvement is.

This is a relief for many including me... but the nature of it sickens me.

Policy, rules and actions based on mob mentality is a very slippery slope.

liberal elite....dont make we laff. there is a difference betw cross burning and a modern day form of dispute resolution

Didnt want him, Glad he isnt coming but disgusted that Mob Rule has won in this way.......I'm all for arguing like adults and disagreeing like I have with a number of people but to see Threats of Violence against staff who have no involvement is just awful. This Country is really in the gutter.

I have seen many reports of Ched Evans supporters bullying people and using intimidation but people should remember its the people who are opposed to this man who have done exactly the same! I have also read that some oldham fans on twitter have had emails sent to their employers because they have shown supprt for the signing trying to lose them their jobs

The only outcome I see from this is Corney closing ranks and getting out as quickly as he can

Plus in the middle ages we were living under feudalism, the monarch was in charge and then at a local level the landed gentry ram the show. The mob was the serfs and generally shat on rather than ruling.

Nothing much changes.

There will be countless other examples of this where we could talking about adults. lets not kid ourselves. For some reason, probably becuase he represents a working class sport, Ched Evans is public enemy number 1 and not entitled to get on with his life. Rapists would stay in prison for life if I had my way, But thats not our system so why is this happening.

Well, let's compare it some media luvvies, some of whom have never been convicted?

Has John Leslie's career resumed yet? Has Michael Barrymore's? Will those supporting Evans be happy to have Stuart Hall commentating on Latics or Rolf Harris painting a mural?

Let's be clear about this - most rapists end up out of work for the rest of their lives or end up dropping way down their career level at best.

The bizarre idea that Evans has been treated worse than others who have (or in some cases have not) been convicted of rape is a complete fallacy. I challenge you to find evidence to the contrary.

What's even more odd is that many of those who are usually in the "hang 'em / flog 'em" / "down with wet liberal rehabilitation" brigade have undergone a damascene conversion as soon as it was Latics looking to sign a rapist. How easily some people will sell their principles never ceases to amaze me.

Well, let's compare it some media luvvies, some of whom have never been convicted?

Has John Leslie's career resumed yet? Has Michael Barrymore's? Will those supporting Evans be happy to have Stuart Hall commentating on Latics or Rolf Harris painting a mural?

Let's be clear about this - most rapists end up out of work for the rest of their lives or end up dropping way down their career level at best.

The bizarre idea that Evans has been treated worse than others who have (or in some cases have not) been convicted of rape is a complete fallacy. I challenge you to find evidence to the contrary.

What's even more odd is that many of those who are usually in the "hang 'em / flog 'em" / "down with wet liberal rehabilitation" brigade have undergone a damascene conversion as soon as it was Latics looking to sign a rapist. How easily some people will sell their principles never ceases to amaze me.

I've particularly enjoyed the references to the Birmingham 6 as proof that the courts make mistakes in attempts to defend Evans. Many of those heralding the 6's release also belong to the "Hanging's too good for them" brigade. But of course, the Birmingham 6 wouldn't have been in that position if it hadn't been for bent cops.

I've particularly enjoyed the references to the Birmingham 6 as proof that the courts make mistakes in attempts to defend Evans. Many of those heralding the 6's release also belong to the "Hanging's too good for them" brigade. But of course, the Birmingham 6 wouldn't have been in that position if it hadn't been for bent cops.

Personally I think they're gulity as sin too... Like you say dodgy police tactics of the day led to their convictions being overturned Edited by JWhite101

At what point are you part of the mob?

Just for having an opinion? My 81 year old grandma said last night "Why would they want to sign a rapist, even if he's a good player, its hardly a good selling point is it?"

Is she part of it, just for not wanting us to sign him?

I didn't contact the club, or go on tv, or abuse staff members. I did voice my opinion on here. Am I part of it?

Is it just those who filled the online petition?

Is it just those abusing staff?

Seriously, I would like to know. Or is "Mob Rule" just a nice soundbite?

Edited by pukka

Or is "Mob Rule" just a nice soundbite?

It allows them not to engage in an intelligent debate they would lose is the way I see it... Much easier to just dismiss and pigeon the whole constructive argument against him being signed up as "mob rule"... It also called throwing your toys out of the pram...

Edited by oafc0000

Personally I think they're gulity as sin too... Like you say dodgy police tactics of the day led to their convictions being overturned

Are you saying you think the Birmingham Six are guilty as sin?

If yes - What on earth makes you think the Birmingham Six are "guilty as sin"??? Do you just have a gut feeling, did you see something about them on a telly programme that convinced you, or what exactly? I'm curious to know how you can come out with something like that because if you can back it up this whole Ched thing has taken a most sensational twist.

Edited by Nohairdontcare

Do you honestly think after all this, and all the talk surrounding rape, that a director would lie about threats.... Knowing the world's media would report it.

Those police quotes/tweets etc were from earlier in the week.

Another interview today said they were looking to speak to Oldham officials about the issue.

One concern I had was the reaction of fans inside the ground, there would no doubt be vile chanting at every ground he played (including Boundary Park). Ok there are ground rules to ban offenders, but enforcement would be highly unlikely in large crowds.

In saying that staff and/or family members had been threatened, Corney lied to the fans. Nothing new in that, but that's not the end of the story. He also lied to people, including sponsors, who had supported him throughout. The man has to go.

I think that Corney has to go but do not agree with the comments about him lying! He has to go because he is not up to the job!