Oldham 3 Notts County 0

Great result against a team in the same mix as us.

First half prior to Carroll losing it and giving us a shot in the arm it looked like a tight game and felt that County were pushing for a goal before the break.

Second half we should have scored far more than we did and don't recall them being any kind of threat.

Looking forward to Tuesday :-)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thought Philly looked a million times better upfront than in the number 10 role for the 20 or so minutes he was there? I've been a fan of Philly but lately I've even been saying his starting spot is becoming less cemented. However when he went upfront, thought he looked much better, causing problems, getting stuck in, couple of great passes to Forte on the other side of the pitch and worked Carroll to where if someone was following up they would of had a tap in.

Philly is really good in both positions that he plays-that is why he is crucial to our side, but I do agree that he stands out up front-the problem is that we cannot play him up there without some inspiration behind him! He needs better players in the midfield behind him but he is so intelligent with his runs that he stands out up top!

Did you go today Palmer? Connor Brown man of the match in my opinion and what a cross for the third goal!

#pray4palmer1

Sorry didnt go so dont believe its true!

Had plans ending with Phoenix nights live at the MEN which came to an abrupt end when Ted Robbins collapsed on stage. Don't pray 4 palmer pray for him

and pray that Connor Brown can keep it up....I doubt it.

The fact that it has to be majorly pointed out when he has a decent performance must tell you something? Sounds like we met a poor side today...

Edited by palmer1

Having watched FLS I can't see why Carroll was do upset after our first goal. He wasn't impeded , in fact no Latics player was near him

Was it something that was said to him?

He was still wound up from the verbals that followed the incident where Poleon pushed him and only escaped sending off because the ref and linesman didn't see the push. I suspect Poleon said something to Carroll as the players left George's celebration in the net.

Having watched FLS I can't see why Carroll was do upset after our first goal. He wasn't impeded , in fact no Latics player was near him

Was it something that was said to him?

I'm guessing he was naffed off that neither referee or lino had noticed his scuffle with Poleon. From a long way away it looked like Poleon pushed him off the ball. Edited by opinions4u

Yes poleon pushed him and carroll made a meal of it stumbling back 5 yards to make sure the officials had seen it. He was supprised that they hadn't and completly lost his head still complaining about it to the linesman right up to half time. He was miles out of position for our second. He then went in at half time got his head together and had a blinder second half

Handbags which Carroll tried to make look worse by stumbling back about 10 paces

It started while the ball was in play.

If the ref or lino had seen Carroll start it with a gentle shove the correct decision would have been a penalty to Latics.

Yellow / red card options on both players.

Yes poleon pushed him and carroll made a meal of it stumbling back 5 yards to make sure the officials had seen it. He was supprised that they hadn't and completly lost his head still complaining about it to the linesman right up to half time. He was miles out of position for our second. He then went in at half time got his head together and had a blinder second half

It was hilarious when, during a lull in play, he beckoned with his hand to get the linesman to come over to where he was standing in the middle of the pitch, so that he could tell the linesman about his grievance.

It was a game that could have gone either way but Kean made a good save and we scored the brace and that was that.

Mills has to come straight back in and it will be a difficult choice between B Wilson and Connor - Wilson was just a bit scruffy and average while Connor will always become the target of attacks and was either very good or awful.

I still don't understand the adoration for Winchester. Yes he has quick feet but I've yet to see any evidence of a connection with his brain. He has a bad habit of doing a 360 degrees turn which suggests to me that his positional awareness is suspect. I also think he often makes those runs because he has no idea who he should pass to. Sometimes it works and looks brilliant but most of the time it comes to nothing. Finally the biggest issue I have with him is his inability to last 90 minutes - if he had a better engine he would be a better player but he doesn't.

We are all agreed that Forte is class and would start him every game even if he could only make 60 minutes because he is our one game changing player. Yesterdays cameo might sadly mean we get the money we want for him. Forte goes and it will be a mid table end to the season, he stays and with luck Championship football remains a possibility.

I still don't understand the adoration for Winchester. Yes he has quick feet but I've yet to see any evidence of a connection with his brain. He has a bad habit of doing a 360 degrees turn which suggests to me that his positional awareness is suspect. I also think he often makes those runs because he has no idea who he should pass to. Sometimes it works and looks brilliant but most of the time it comes to nothing. Finally the biggest issue I have with him is his inability to last 90 minutes - if he had a better engine he would be a better player but he doesn't.

I'm not quite sure what to say to this.