Porter in the chron

I am lend to believe Porter gave assurances he wouldn't go over a border, otherwise he'd have gone for the 750K on the table. It wasn't his fault he tucked away his signing on fee............:censored: him forever to be :censored:ed.

Edited by Lags

I see this has made its way onto the Rochdale forum. The obsession continues as they lie and thus remain always in our shadow xD

How do you know its on the Rochdale forum?

Not the only ones obsessed. Peaking in from the shadow were you?

Porter scored a fair amount of goals for us, but somehow never managed to impress me as an overall footballer. I was always surprised he scores as many as he does.

If fans expect loyalty from players then I think they will find their expectations failed to be met most of the time.

I hope your still not impressed tomorrow.

Perhaps he said something similar to what we said to Warne...

I never got this argument. We may have screwed Warne over one way or another, but he was free and able to go and find himself a new club straight away and carry on earning himself a living, no massive disruption to his life as a professional footballer.

The Porter situation left us £750,000 out of pocket. That's a lot of money to us.

I never got this argument. We may have screwed Warne over one way or another, but he was free and able to go and find himself a new club straight away and carry on earning himself a living, no massive disruption to his life as a professional footballer.

The Porter situation left us £750,000 out of pocket. That's a lot of money to us.

So it was alright for us to screw Warne over but not for Porter to screw us over? I'd guess at 33/34 playing L1 football and suddenly being told your not getting that new contract that you was told you'd get would cause a fair amount of disruption.

Porter did what was right for him & his family. Most of us would probably do the same in the same situation.

So it was alright for us to screw Warne over but not for Porter to screw us over? I'd guess at 33/34 playing L1 football and suddenly being told your not getting that new contract that you was told you'd get would cause a fair amount of disruption.

Porter did what was right for him & his family. Most of us would probably do the same in the same situation.

My thoughts exactly...Porter had a choice...to make the club money or to make himself money...I imagine Porter was at least £250k better off over the deal moving to Scotland which secures his career even if it went down hill after Oafc.

My love for OAFC is stronger than Porters was and I would probably make exactly the same choice. Think of that what you will.

There's no loyalty in football, so fair play to Jose Baxter for signing a contract that guarenteed the club got some money for him, when he could have walked away for nothing.

Porter chose to do no such thing, which is fair enough, but it I can see why it leaves a bitter taste with some...