Rhys Turner

He looked handy enough out of position and was full of energy I thought. Played out of position though so hard to tell. He's have struggled up top on his own with yesterday's Tatics I'd say though! He had more good touches in 30mins than most had all game and won some good headers. If I recall he flicked onto forte he messed up a 1 on 1

Edited by super_blue

It is a simple problem. Our plan is to play Wilkinson or Jabo or somebody big up front. We all know Forte is better from the left so when Wilko is out, the plan remains and we put somebody small up front. Doesn't matter who it is, Poleon, Murphy, Turner or Philli - it does not work. 4 4 2 and keeping the ball on the ground as an alternative might work. We did not need a mid field of five against a struggling team.

Really unfair that on Murphy, his record suggests he's a poacher, he certainly isn't a target man and needs one to work side by side with. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't work well with Wilkinson (or Jabo) so he must be played in 4-4-2.

I am confident he'll score goals for us one he's settled, he played in poor performing team on Saturday as we all know.

Murphy isn't a target man, and hoofing the ball to him with a 6ft4 centre half behind him wasn't the answer, yet we continued it all game.

Realistically we shouldn't have had such a negative formation against a team like colchester, packing the midfield and having 1 small striker upfront, but that's what LJ chose.

I think 4-4-2 with Turner Murphy upfront might work well but again we need to keep it on the deck and not hoof to the small lads, I think Murphy will work better alongside a target man to run off but for now we don't have that till Wilkinson is back.

What about a front two of Murphy and Turner on Saturday ? Both look like they could play in a front two but would they compliment each other.

This may well happen - though LJ seems to be in two minds re Turner...'He has some real attributes, but we havent had enough time with him on grass to improve him. I do want to make sure he gets a go, be it at the weekend or after.' <face palm thingy> Edited by TheBigDog

This may well happen - though LJ seems to be in two minds re Turner...'He has some real attributes, but we havent had enough time with him on grass to improve him. I do want to make sure he gets a go, be it at the weekend or after.' <face palm thingy>

I hope so, we need to trouble Orients back line and for me these two could give them problems IF it clicks.