Was there something else behind Lee Johnson leaving?

Cannot blame Tommy.

Go to Barnsley and have a job with a manager that clearly likes and trusts him or stay ay BP and have a significant risk of being made redundant by any new manager

I wonder why then he didn't take his first team coach Dean Holden to Barnsley?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why then he didn't take his first team coach Dean Holden to Barnsley?

That's a question Holden will probably be asking him if he gets the boot when a new man arrives, having being persuaded to take a pay cut and end his playing carrer by LJ !.

I was told by a Barnsley fan that LJ was only allowed to bring one person with him as they didn't want to get rid of the guy who was their caretaker manager or the guy who was assisting him. He must have thought Tommy was more influential.

Tommy Wright seems to be getting off a little lightly doesn't he? LJ asked him if he would join him and he jumped at the chance after being here for a far shorter time than LJ. If he had stayed he might well have been manager now, but he preferred to be a number 2.

LJ - "Tommy, I want you to come with me and you'll get a payrise. Alternatively, you can stay here & go for the managers job which you might not get, or hope to stay on as the new man's number 2 which probably won't happen. What do you want to do?"

TW - "Do you want to drive or should I?"

Don't want to trawl through these posts and don't know if it's been reported but this is odd...

Johnson.....

The reception was mixed, if I am being generous, and I understand why. I won't hold it against anyone. I had two fantastic years here and people don't really know the full story, but I understand that.

Why don't we know....confidentiality clause?

Don't want to trawl through these posts and don't know if it's been reported but this is odd...

Johnson.....

The reception was mixed, if I am being generous, and I understand why. I won't hold it against anyone. I had two fantastic years here and people don't really know the full story, but I understand that.

Why don't we know....confidentiality clause?

I thought confidentially clauses were banned nowadays?