George Green Signs

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George Green to the tune of Jolene..... ;-)

George Green, George Green, George Green, George Green

I'm begging of you please score for Oldham

George Green, George Green,George Green, George Green

Please hit the net just b'cos you can

;-)

Very good, I like it, but adding oldham doesn't work.

I'm begging you to score for me George Green

Keep scoring goals just because you can

Works slightly better in my opinion

Edited by pukka

I must be in the minority that has never heard of him...

Name rang a bell due to hearing of him after his Wimbledon goal for Tranmere, but get your point. Going off fan perceptions is a risky game given the penchant Premier League fans have for overrating their youth players.

What makes me believe this is an astute signing is the words from Tranmere fans. Playing at that level is not easy for small lads, but he's clearly made an impression on a club in freefall.

It just has that feeling of a really good signing. Don't know why but they come about every so often.

Name rang a bell due to hearing of him after his Wimbledon goal for Tranmere, but get your point. Going off fan perceptions is a risky game given the penchant Premier League fans have for overrating their youth players.

What makes me believe this is an astute signing is the words from Tranmere fans. Playing at that level is not easy for small lads, but he's clearly made an impression on a club in freefall.

It just has that feeling of a really good signing. Don't know why but they come about every so often.

It adds some excitement if nothing else, turning up at Walsall knowing he could be completely useless or excellent and probably nothing in between.

Everton friend of mine told me he's a great player but already been in the priory a few times as he likes a drink. Hopefully we'll sort him out. It's a shame if a kids career has been ruined by booze because of too much too young!

This signing has been on the cards since christmas, Royle has wanted him to come here for a while. LJ was going to sign him in January obviously didn't materialise.

I think it very unlikely you'll tell me this but

1) how did you know this, and

2) why didn't you enlighten us all in January?

Thank you

This signing has been on the cards since christmas, Royle has wanted him to come here for a while. LJ was going to sign him in January obviously didn't materialise.

So the signing had little to do with DK. Can we still question his ability to source & seal a deal?

Cast aside at 19 having shown such promise so recently. Seems odd to me. Won't be on much either at his age.

A positive signing that gives me the impression of ambition and knowledge of the market. Less convinced by Cassidy.

won't be on much at his age? a lad ive played against, 18 at Liverpool is on 3/4k a week and a lad at Fulham i've played with aged 17, 2k a week. Both driving about in Mercedes.

He'll have faced a big drop in wages at such a young age, this is what's wrong in football - how can a lad at 19 have to take a big drop in wages to play proffesional football?

Edited by MAC0AFC

won't be on much at his age? a lad i know, 18 at Liverpool is on 3/4k a week and a lad at Fulham i know 17, 2k a week.

Fulham payed £11m for a player last summer and Liverpool are one of the richest clubs in the world.

This lad got released by Everton and signed for Oldham Athletic...

Fulham payed £11m for a player last summer and Liverpool are one of the richest clubs in the world.

This lad got released by Everton and signed for Oldham Athletic...

He'll be on a lot less (say 2k less) at Oldham than he was at Everton two years into his proffesional contract... for a 19 year old that's huge money, that's why you see your players careers stall, because they're scared of dropping down the leagues and risking a loan move.