Any more business prior to Walsall

He's no good based on a couple of friendlies.

Beam me up, beam me up now.

I don't think people are saying that, are they...

He's been truly hopeless in these friendlies, and therefore he shouldn't start and doesn't yet deserve a long term contract until he proves his quality

That's hardly an unreasonable assertion

I don't think people are saying that, are they...

He's been truly hopeless in these friendlies, and therefore he shouldn't start and doesn't yet deserve a long term contract until he proves his quality

That's hardly an unreasonable assertion

Which players had a good pre season? (not that that means much either).

I hope so...he must be upset at a 1 month deal doesn't show confidence from DK...

If he was that upset he probably wouldn't have accepted it...

Or maybe it was a mutual decision and there's an agreement in place that if he impresses there's a two year contract on the table?

Very few people know what's actually happening. Might be best to err on the side of caution and assume everything's okay, though.

The problem for me is Gunning isn't good enough to start on Saturday so when are we going to give him chance to earn his place and therefore improve? There are no reserves and training only isn't enough...I hope it's just cover until the window closes and we see what other options we have.

It's desperate when he just isnt good enough...if he had gradually been improving in pre season I would get

Believe me pal, we share the same concerns, fingers crossed he finds hes feet and becomes a valued asset, the deal works out for both parties ar the minute

Which players had a good pre season? (not that that means much either).

I agree it doesn't mean much, if anything, to contracted players, but when you're on trial it's a bit different...

We've had varying degrees of luck with SPL players so it's not like we can gauge his quality through which league he's played in, so all we have to judge him on is his pre-season. It shouldn't be the be-all judgement of him, of course, but these few games he has played in an Oldham shirt should probably determine whether he should be put into the team immediately or not

Edited by NewBlue