Any more business prior to Walsall

Does anyone think that we will be active again in the transfer market prior to the big kick off?

Will there be the usual Friday midday scramble for loan signings or players who believed they were worth more than they have been offered at other clubs or here and then suddenly drop their wage demands to ensure that they are hooked up prior to the big kick off.

I think we all agree that we still need that elusive centre half, but apart from that I can't see there being anymore coming in, unless someone is sold in the next 48 hours.

Thoughts?

Centre half in, possibly Gunning on a reduced deal given what sounds like rusty PSF performances (hence why it's not been done already), someone out either permanently or on loan to free up wages.

I have no sources.

I have seen one piece fo Gavin Gunning defending for the 3rd goal at Carlisle. On that goal alone, I am assuming we are :censored:ed if he signs and is a regular!

The Gunning dilemma. Think they may be reluctant after his trial period hasn't impressed, and waiting to get him on the cheapest deal possible, counting on nobody else offering him anything.

Would've liked for Kelly to enlist another right back, but looks like we couldn't get rid of Brian Wilson, and he thinks both him and Brown are adequate.

Defence will be mightily shaky, and think they might be relying on a 'they score one, we score two' approach for Saturday, if Kelly's 'philosophy' is anything to go by...

Could it it be the Kelly effect?

hated during a pre season where he clearly isnt fit to show that his ability is that from a level above when fit?

I havent seen a friendly so cant tell you all if you are wrong this season :OASISscarf:

Well, he can have no complaints. Had he not been atrocious he might have earnt himself a better contract.

The only way reason he's got a contract is because we're so short on experienced defenders.

There's no way from what we've seen should he be anywhere near the starting 11 on Saturday.

The kid hasn't played for a year, his history suggests he has some pedigree.

I don't give a :censored: if he was at fault for a goal in a friendly.

Exactly. It's a low cost, low risk deal for the club no doubt. It might not work, but then again it might work and we might see a raft of Liam Kelly style apology posts.

Dk obviously feels that Gunning is a better player than hes shown and the lad has been given another month to prove himself, we are short on centre halfs but Gunning is certainly no way at the top of the pecking order as yet, time will tell with this one.

Back four for saturday

Brown J.Wilson Burns Mills

Edited by OAFCM35

Dk obviously feels that Gunning is a better player than hes shown and the lad has been given another month to prove himself, we are short on centre halfs but Gunning is certainly no way at the top of the pecking order as yet, time will tell with this one.

Back four for saturday

Brown J.Wilson Burns Mills

The problem for me is Gunning isn't good enough to start on Saturday so when are we going to give him chance to earn his place and therefore improve? There are no reserves and training only isn't enough...I hope it's just cover until the window closes and we see what other options we have.

It's desperate when he just isnt good enough...if he had gradually been improving in pre season I would get