Top away followings

We won't be next/this season, Dale's away support as a percentage of home fans went down from last season. The novelty of a load of clubs they haven't been too will soon wear off. Plus their highest away following was to us 1273, we will take that to quite a few clubs this year. I can see our away percentage going up significantly with Bury, Wigan, Blackpool, Burton coming in and only losing Preston of similar statue. The Barnsley away game will be significantly more popular this year too.

How the hell do Rochdale get on with only 1300 season ticket holders! With FFP, they must pay their players in buttons

Other facilities, Dale have been a very well run club for numerous years financially. That and they received some significant transfer fees too this year.

We won't be next/this season, Dale's away support as a percentage of home fans went down from last season. The novelty of a load of clubs they haven't been too will soon wear off. Plus their highest away following was to us 1273, we will take that to quite a few clubs this year. I can see our away percentage going up significantly with Bury, Wigan, Blackpool, Burton coming in and only losing Preston of similar statue. The Barnsley away game will be significantly more popular this year too.

It's one of the best leagues we could've hoped for in terms of northern clubs. There could be some fantastic away games.

If we went into the Barnsley game flying and above them in the table it would be one of the best in a long while.

Hope we start well for the sake of Bury away.

Only negative is Blackpool on Boxing Day.

If it's a percentage of home fans it could give an unfair analysis - a club with a large home fan base, that's sells out on away days due to limited away tickets

Shhhhh. Oldham fans have been creaming themselves over this stat for yearsssssss. Massive init

If it's a percentage of home fans it could give an unfair analysis - a club with a large home fan base, that's sells out on away days due to limited away tickets

It's only really valid for League 1 and League 2 for this reason. Championship teams sell out away ends too often for it to be applicable in that league.

You can also see the top atendances, many grounds would not sell out.

How many times have we sold out our away allocation in the decades we have been in this division. Not that many.

Granted we may on occasion, but the largest away following the whole of last season was less 7,000, including the Championship. Full away sell outs are rare enough at any grounds.

The highest of the 72 is Leeds at 2774. so most grounds will cope with that.

Not forgetting how long we have been in godforsaken LEague either with no bounce for a promotion, or hang over from relegation.

Only 23 matches in the whole of the season had more than 4,000 away fans, and only 3 had more than 6,000.

And Wigan's attendances boosted by 5 of those 4,000+ away fans crowds.

Edited by singe

Noteworthy that fans are no longer boycotting MK Dons, they had the highest average no of away fans at 980. Whereas we had 684.

Fulham by far highest Av no of visiting fans at almost 2,800 average and Wigan next with 1900. Boosted by the 5 x 4,000 plus visitors.

League 1, with a Northern bias might be boosted quite substantially .

Noteworthy that fans are no longer boycotting MK Dons, they had the highest average no of away fans at 980. Whereas we had 684.

This has really got on my nerves in recent seasons.

Wolves and Coventry doing these landmark away attendances at MK of 7k and 9k.

I know there are practicality benefits of their stadoum but give your money to a more deserving club.

This has really got on my nerves in recent seasons.

Wolves and Coventry doing these landmark away attendances at MK of 7k and 9k.

I know there are practicality benefits of their stadoum but give your money to a more deserving club.

Perhaps their view is to take more support than the home team with the hope of beating them.

It was as a percentage of home fans.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/travelling-fans-as-percentage-of-home-fans549-2598187.pdf

Glad it is us two unfashionable clubs that are top though.

I realise that but, in spite of all the scorn cast on 'Dale's fans, the population figures indicate they are a higher percentage of the population than Oldham's fans.