Jake Cassidy injury

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely, if a broken ankle was suspected, he'd be in A&E now getting an x-Ray?

Mr medic?

I may be totally wrong but sometimes you need to allow swelling to go down before getting a true idea of the break/fracture so that would explain an X-ray tomorrow maybe.

Without Cassidy I'm not convinced we have enough up front.

Turner or Murphy alone aren't good enough to lead a line yet, unless they show us something they haven't yet.

If serious, a loanee may be required.

Dont worry we will have Bove back from Ashton United at the start of september

I'm highly suspicious of anything suggesting he has broken his ankle. He was helped down the sidelines and up the steps, having crawled off the pitch, but I seriously hope that wouldn't have been done if there was any suggestion he had broken his ankle.

Broken bones are usually apparent no matter the time delay between incident and X-Ray, so I would hope if his ankle was suspected to be broken he would have had it x-rayed already. Whilst I didn't see the injury happen, if Cassidy has broken his ankle, whilst playing football, it will usually be the sort of ankle fracture that is a lot more obvious and wouldn't have allowed him to hobble down the side-line and up the steps, with help.

However, ankle ligament damage, which can be as long a time out or even longer than broken bones, will require a bit of a wait before being scanned, as they make it significantly easier to pick up on MRI, which is what's needed, not an X-ray. I didn't see the incident but I'd be a lot more concerned that Cassidy has done something serious involving an ankle ligament.

There is a bit of me that hopes his injury is quite serious as the way the referee and Fleetwood handled it was ridiculous, bordering onto cruel. When the ball was kicked out for a throw-in, the ref should have stopped the game to allow him to get treatment, instead he lets Fleetwood take the throw-in and prevents our physio from coming on, forcing Cassidy to crawl off the pitch to get treated. Especially as the Ref never checked to see how badly hurt he was, and was making this judgement that he was OK from at best 20 yards away.

I'm highly suspicious of anything suggesting he has broken his ankle. He was helped down the sidelines and up the steps, having crawled off the pitch, but I seriously hope that wouldn't have been done if there was any suggestion he had broken his ankle.

Broken bones are usually apparent no matter the time delay between incident and X-Ray, so I would hope if his ankle was suspected to be broken he would have had it x-rayed already. Whilst I didn't see the injury happen, if Cassidy has broken his ankle, whilst playing football, it will usually be the sort of ankle fracture that is a lot more obvious and wouldn't have allowed him to hobble down the side-line and up the steps, with help.

However, ankle ligament damage, which can be as long a time out or even longer than broken bones, will require a bit of a wait before being scanned, as they make it significantly easier to pick up on MRI, which is what's needed, not an X-ray. I didn't see the incident but I'd be a lot more concerned that Cassidy has done something serious involving an ankle ligament.

There is a bit of me that hopes his injury is quite serious as the way the referee and Fleetwood handled it was ridiculous, bordering onto cruel. When the ball was kicked out for a throw-in, the ref should have stopped the game to allow him to get treatment, instead he lets Fleetwood take the throw-in and prevents our physio from coming on, forcing Cassidy to crawl off the pitch to get treated. Especially as the Ref never checked to see how badly hurt he was, and was making this judgement that he was OK from at best 20 yards away.

What if you'd damaged your ankle playing football over a month ago, and the swelling has yet to go down?

Asking for a mate...

What if you'd damaged your ankle playing football over a month ago, and the swelling has yet to go down?

Asking for a mate...

Could be a break.

Pain relief, Rest, ice pack, compression, elevate.

And see a bloody doctor!

What Opinions said with a minor correction

Snapped an ankle ligament in Sunday League 25 years ago - people heard the noise it made from 25 yards away.

Still hurts now which I put down to the treatment consisting if being told to stick a tubigrip on it. Hopefully pros get better care.

I'm not reading all that - will he be out for long or what?

Turner impressed me when he came on though.

Aye, really liked the look of him towards the end of last season, I think he might be our most natural finisher. I'll be gutted if Cassidy's injured but I'd be quite happy to see Turner starting up front.