Positive - Step in the right direction

There's tons of talk on here about all the negatives of the club and how little effort they go to bring fans into the ground. Criticism is thrown in all directions at board members so thought I'd share a link that many you might have seen but not even thought of sharing it or praising the club for this albeit small move.

Have a look at this link, great initiative and hopefully a sign of more to come... whoever's responsible for it, well done.

Before you say 'it's only 12 people' yes maybe, but at least it's rewarding those that are probably season ticket holders. Some good quotes in that article as well.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/junior-takeover-apply-now-2701959.aspx

Some amendments to the stated job description.

Director – Job Description

Job Role:- Director

Hours of Work 12.30pm till 5.30pm

Specific Duties:-

• Meet and greet away directors and various guests in the traditional manner 'welcome gentleman...and ladies'
  • Meet with sponsors and 100 club members
  • Liaise with other Directors on any match day issues
  • End of game liaison with match day staff and ladies groups
  • Draw strike it lucky at half time
  • Try and sign a rapist
  • Put foot in mouth in local and national press

Requirements:-

• Ideal Candidate must be responsible and well mannered. And diligent.

• Uniform – Suit/Smart Dressed Collar (Club will supply Tie) red fleece

• 4 weeks later...

Taken from the official website, a letter received by latics from a parent of a child who was part of the takeover....

To everyone involved at Oldham Athletic,
My daughter Holly was the Junior Match Day Announcer in the Junior Takeover at SportsDirect.com Park this weekend.
The children entered the competition by applying for their jobs, answering the job description and my daughter also had to send an audio recording. This was a good introduction into what it is really like applying for jobs.
I cannot say how much my daughter enjoyed her day. She has not stopped talking about it since and said it was the best day of her life. She met the manager and many players, presented awards, announced the team, goal scorers and substitutions.
The staff at SportsDirect.com Park were wonderful – so friendly and encouraging. The Match Day Announcer Adam Wilson was brilliant – very supportive and from what Holly said brought so much humour to the role, making her feel at ease and making it such a special day.
I would also like to say a massive thank you to Wendy Noble, Jenny Warburton, Nick Hardy & John who encouraged Holly and contributed to giving her such a fantastic day. Holly loved all the banter with stewards and fans pitch side shouting encouragement. The whole club got involved.
Well done to Oldham Athletic for implementing such a great initiative. I am sure all those children involved in the Junior Takeover will never forget their day. I know my daughter won’t. Oldham Athletic have created fans for life. A massive thank you to everyone involved.
Yours Sincerely,
Seana Madden.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/heartening-letter-received-following-junior-takeover-2742961.aspx#TCX4cwQgMATwJPgI.99