Why are we so poor at home?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are no players who are not being picked who could enable us to play an open expansive game. Yeates is the only player who gives us any width and he was selected. Rasulo was seen as being the playmaker and was crap on Saturday. If DD hadnt selected him there would have been lots of posters on here calling Dunn defensive and poor tactically. He tried it and it backfired. As a safeguard he picked Timmy who also had a shocker-both were replaced.

Saturday wont be the last time until January that we lose at home but hopefully there will be some 2-1 wins to go with 1-2 defeats

Until Jones, Cassidy and Forte are available we are going to be struggling for goals and creative play.

What has any of that got to do with the post of mine you quoted?

It's 23rd November - I hope it will be.....

I can't believe you've typed that. Talk about accepting mediocrity.....

I want victories as we all do-I just dont think it can simply be dreamed of and then by magic becomes reality. There are some overly simplistic solutions being touted on this board and not just from you.

I am a realist-we are a third division club who appointed the wrong manager in the summer and signed/ retained some poor players.

Hope he wont be saying that again.

If Dunn hadnt replaced Dieng at half time and Rasulo on the hour would he have got any more grief from some on here?

Posters come on here and tell us who should be playing and when they do play the Manager gets all the grief if we lose-not aiming this at you BP!

There are some on here who think that all the manager needs to do is to go into the dressing room and shout ATTACK LADS and all will be cured.

If Dunn hadnt replaced Dieng at half time and Rasulo on the hour would he have got any more grief from some on here?

Posters come on here and tell us who should be playing and when they do play the Manager gets all the grief if we lose-not aiming this at you BP!

There are some on here who think that all the manager needs to do is to go into the dressing room and shout ATTACK LADS and all will be cured.

People come on here and say we should play two upfront and we dont, as for certain players Dieng has been one of our better defenders this season yet is asked to do a job he can't, many wanted Winchester in the team and played in his best position was man of the match, he was then asked to play as one of two holding midfielders and did a job but guess what he gets the chop for underperforming in a position that he is not comfortable in, it was the same with Rasulo on Saturday a good player made to look very ordinary in a position he would struggle to play.

People come on here and say we should play two upfront and we dont, as for certain players Dieng has been one of our better defenders this season yet is asked to do a job he can't, many wanted Winchester in the team and played in his best position was man of the match, he was then asked to play as one of two holding midfielders and did a job but guess what he gets the chop for underperforming in a position that he is not comfortable in, it was the same with Rasulo on Saturday a good player made to look very ordinary in a position he would struggle to play.

I've asked this a few times but I don't think it's been answered... when Rasulo was changing the games against Chesterfield and Mansfield where was he being played and where was Poleon being played? I ask because I didn't go to those games so am curious if the set up was different to how we started on Saturday.

I've asked this a few times but I don't think it's been answered... when Rasulo was changing the games against Chesterfield and Mansfield where was he being played and where was Poleon being played? I ask because I didn't go to those games so am curious if the set up was different to how we started on Saturday.

Rasulo needs to be more advanced than a midfielder but not as far forward as a number 10.

Poleon shouldn't play as a lone forward but he shouldn't play with Higdon either.

I thought that we set up as 4-4-1-1 on Saturday as we had the previous Tuesday when he came on.

I think that you are being generous excluding all 3 of them from criticism. A good player is a good player and within certain limits can play in a few positions

At Mansfield Rasulo sat in the middle of the park and everything went through him, I didn't go to Chesterfield so couldn't comment.

That's correct, he didn't play that deeper role which suits him against Barnsley, he was isolated close to Poleon, no wonder the lad looked lost.

Edited by BP1960

Dunn admitted he picked the wrong team before the game to one of the directors. Not a surprise to see him admit it post game, tells me he does have some character.

Does Dunn do this on his own, had he no input from his assistants at all?

That's correct, he didn't play that deeper role which suits him against Barnsley, he was isolated close to Poleon, no wonder the lad looked lost.

I'm getting confused now. Previously he played in midfield with Poleon up front by himself and we score 4 goals. Against Barnsley he played too far forward? So we were 442? Which is supposedly the answer. Except it wasn't because it's not the right kind of 442?

But Poleon can't play up front by himself though can he?

So how the eck did we score 4 goals?

Brain exploding.

(This isn't solely in reply to you by the way!)

Edited by nzlatic

I'm getting confused now. Previously he played in midfield with Poleon up front by himself and we score 4 goals. Against Barnsley he played too far forward? So we were 442? Which is supposedly the answer. Except it wasn't because it's not the right kind of 442?

But Poleon can't play up front by himself though can he?

So how the eck did we score 4 goals?

Brain exploding.

(This isn't solely in reply to you by the way!)

It was 4-4-1-1 again but the lad went wandering. Shoot the manager

Dieng has been OK at the back no better or worse than any of the others except Brown & Dummingham is showing all of them how to be a full back. Dieng in midfield was :censored:e on Saturday & so so soft for the first goal. Don't forget he was bought as a midfielder and got rave reviews at Dale by many last season so being asked to do a job he couldn't do is completely wrong

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Winchester get dropped after playing poorly in his favoured position & completely running out of gas with 10 minutes to go against Burton? He was MOM the previous home game in exactly the same position. I didn't go to Mansfield but I don't think he played there did he? If he did I doubt it was as a defensive midfielder was it? I thought he only did that job once this season?

What is Rasulos best position? Did he not play the same role in his previous 2 appearances for us?

Edited by palmer1